Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Garrett’s most embarrassing achievement is going to be getting extended a third contract after just his second playoff win in 8 years and following a historically embarrassing loss in the divisional round

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So how much money will Garrett fleece Jeruh for this time around?

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Our own Jason Garrett coached our Cowboys during a game which allowed more rushing yards in a single playoff game in NFL history with 273 yards by the Rams.

Which by the way was only 26 yards away from the all time single game record is 296. I wish they would have picked up 27 more yards last night just so we can hang that record on Garrett as well.

Last edited:

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Saw this at the Zone:

The Dallas Cowboys are 0-8 in their last 8 road playoff games. They have NOT won a road playoff game in 26 years.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Losing on the road doesn't bother me anywhere near as much as the home losses we had in 1998, 2007 and 2016

they all bother me, the perfect record of losing on the road in the few playoffs they've been to under Jeri's full control is yet another indictment of his ineptitude

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
they all bother me, the perfect record of losing on the road in the few playoffs they've been to under Jeri's full control is yet another indictment of his ineptitude

You are normally playing on the road because your not as good as the other team.

It road losses suck, but the home losses say much more (especially bad) about a team.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And now Linehan is returning next year? Fuck.

Yep, just posted it in another thread. It's sickening.

You can't have an offense this bad for basically 2 years now and 3 of the last 4 and keep the play-caller and system.

They clearly don't care to be REALLY good, that's 100% obvious. An occasional playoff season and maybe a wildcard weekend win is totally sufficient in the Jones' eyes.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This exact scenario is what I was worried about and bitching about before the playoffs started.

That is why I said I’d much rather lose vs the Seahawks in an embarrassing fashion so it would guarantee Garrett’s departure. Ppl were saying how can you root for the Caowboys to lose?

THIS IS WHY I WANTED THEM TO FUCKING LOSE, and not just lose, but lose in HISTORIC FASHION!

So how good does it feel to have our second fucking playoff win under Garrett knowing that he and Linehan will be back to ruin next season?

The win vs Seattle is the absolute WORSE thing that could have happened to this franchise!

Rooting for them to lose in the playoffs was IN FACT rooting for the teams future. Now we will have at least five more years of Garrett and five more years of failure in the Post Season

To quote Jerry Jones - “there are 500 coaches who could have won a Super Bowl with our team”

Too bad none of them are Garrett

So in my best Jeruh voice...

Did you like those two playoff wins? Did ya? Well did ya?

Dupree89

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Scot
I hear you. But I just couldnt root for my team to lose in the playoffs. Now, back in 2015, once their record was 2-6...i rooted for losses every week because going 7-9 in the NFL is no man's land.

Now, I did expect Linehan to be fired by now....but looks like it isnt happening.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Scot
I hear you. But I just couldnt root for my team to lose in the playoffs. Now, back in 2015, once their record was 2-6...i rooted for losses every week because going 7-9 in the NFL is no man's land.

Now, I did expect Linehan to be fired by now....but looks like it isnt happening.

It all boils down to simple arithmetic for me

Would I rather lose a playoff game and have one or maybe to days of being upset/pissed off? But be able to have hope for the future of the franchise because a change in coaching is coming

Or would I rather have one day of being happy for one single playoff win, then have 5 more years of being miserable because the coaching sucks and be saddled with the knowledge that Garrett has already reached his peak and will never be able to get us back to the Super Bowl?

I’ll take a couple days of misery over 5 more years of this miserable bullshit every time

Top Bottom