English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Who were the players that made it through the transition from Landry to Jimmy? Irvin, Tuinei, Newton, Bates, Jeffcoat and who else? Was Gesek in Dallas before Jimmy?
Ken Norton Jr., Kelvin Martin, Kevin Gogan and Mike Saxon also made it to SBXXVII. I think Gesek was post-Landry.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Who were the players that made it through the transition from Landry to Jimmy? Irvin, Tuinei, Newton, Bates, Jeffcoat and who else? Was Gesek in Dallas before Jimmy?
Ken Norton Jr., Kelvin Martin, Kevin Gogan and Mike Saxon also made it to SBXXVII. I think Gesek was post-Landry.
Also Chad Hennings, a 10th round pick by Landry/Brandt in 1988, who completed his military service before his rookie season with Jimmy in 1992.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Tom Landry - 20 playoff wins
Jimmy Johnson - 7 playoff wins (7 in a row which is team record)
Barry Switzer - 5 playoff wins
Wade Phillips - 1 playoff win
Jason Garrett - 1 playoff win

So Garrett has ONE more playoff win than Campo.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jason Garrett, no one has done less with more, for as long.

Remember when the Cowboys were the best franchise in sports?

Now the team measures itself on financial success and some fans seem to be okay with that. Why not just post on a stock exchange message board? OMG Disney stock is killing it guys!

Football is about winning. Jerry has ruined this franchise.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Remember when the Cowboys were the best franchise in sports?

Now the team measures itself on financial success and some fans seem to be okay with that. Why not just post on a stock exchange message board? OMG Disney stock is killing it guys!
Exactly how I feel. It wasn't that long ago that the Cowboys were expected to win. As recently as 2008, people were calling a 9-7 year "The most disappointing season in Cowboys history."

Now it's like we're a sitcom or reality show where there is no goal, except popularity and ratings.

I know Jerry is fine with that, but when did so many fans fall in line with it?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Exactly how I feel. It wasn't that long ago that the Cowboys were expected to win. As recently as 2008, people were calling a 9-7 year "The most disappointing season in Cowboys history."

Now it's like we're a sitcom or reality show where there is no goal, except popularity and ratings.

"Did you like three super bowls?"

http://dallascowboysuniverse.com/jonesrant1.mp3

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score

I think its less about falling in line with it and more about its the way things are and the only other choice is no football or pick another team. Ive been a Cowboys fan too long to pick another team.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think its less about falling in line with it and more about its the way things are and the only other choice is no football or pick another team. Ive been a Cowboys fan too long to pick another team.

I get that, and I'm not talking about the fans here. We all see what's been happening and are pissed. But a lot of fans, those more of the BTB persuasion, aren't.

To try to answer my own question, I think part of it is the younger fan doesn't even remember when the Cowboys were actually good. Someone old enough to drink today was 13 years old when Garrett took over. And the mediocrity goes back farther than that.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

We are basically the Kardashians of pro sports now..famous for being famous.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Like the zombies congregating in the shopping mall in Dawn Of The Dead, something keeps drawing us back. Some vague, distant memory of happiness, belonging. Or at the very least the illusion of it.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Like the zombies congregating in the shopping mall in Dawn Of The Dead, something keeps drawing us back. Some vague, distant memory of happiness, belonging. Or at the very least the illusion of it.

yep, feel like some strange disease at this point

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
BTW noticing some of the most die hard, blindest of homers, are finally throwing in the towel on Garrett over at the Zone. Drop in local TV ratings could it be old PT Barnum himself (Jerry) is maybe running out of suckers, at least locally.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
BTW noticing some of the most die hard, blindest of homers, are finally throwing in the towel on Garrett over at the Zone. Drop in local TV ratings could it be old PT Barnum himself (Jerry) is maybe running out of suckers, at least locally.

He better go hire Harbaugh before the Giants do this off season.

Reaction score
He better go hire Harbaugh before the Giants do this off season.

Jerry is going to screw this up. I figure there is a better than average chance Harbaugh whips this franchise into shape enough for a SB run. If he could make it there with Kaepernick at QB then it should be a good fit here. Say what you will about Dak, but I think most would agree he's better than Kaep. But, you called it. We will watch the Giants hire him, and collect another trophy in a few years while we clap along to The Never Ending Process (La da da, da da da, da da da)...

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Jerry is going to screw this up. I figure there is a better than average chance Harbaugh whips this franchise into shape enough for a SB run. If he could make it there with Kaepernick at QB then it should be a good fit here. Say what you will about Dak, but I think most would agree he's better than Kaep. But, you called it. We will watch the Giants hire him, and collect another trophy in a few years while we clap along to The Never Ending Process (La da da, da da da, da da da)...

That really would not surprise me at all if Jerry fucks this up and Harbaugh is coaching the Giants next season.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
There's no way Garrett gets fired. We'd have to lose out, and even then it wouldn't happen.

Harbaugh in this division would be a nightmare, though.

Top Bottom