Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
2017 Cowboys 66 points (current) Worst in team history.

Neither the 1960 0-11-1 Cowboys or the 1989 1-15 Cowboys had a stretch even close to this. Safe to say it is an all-time franchise worst. Not even Wade's worst three game stretch was anywhere close to this.
BUT..... The players all stand for the anthem!

Does it occur to anyone else that our legion of suck started right after Jerry said that if we don't stand for the anthem, we don't play? And said the players were just "performers on a 100 yard stage?"

It's almost like there's a silent strike on. The workers throwing their sabot shoes into the machinery.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Does it occur to anyone else that our legion of suck started right after Jerry said that if we don't stand for the anthem, we don't play? And said the players were just "performers on a 100 yard stage?"

It's almost like there's a silent strike on. The workers throwing their sabot shoes into the machinery.

I don’t think it’s as complicated as all that

We just suck!

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
To give an idea of just how bad this is, the 2008 0-16 Lions were outscored in the second half by 121 points FOR THE ENTIRE SEASON.

same coach, it was really savvy of the hall of fame GM to bring him in

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s as complicated as all that
That's not at all complicated. It's human nature.

Cowboys RB Rod Smith: “Whats frustrating about it is we got the talent. These teams we’re losing to, to be honest, we shouldnt be losing to.”

Jason Witten: "I believe we have enough playmakers. Certainly collectively we haven’t [made enough plays]. ... The message is clear, we have to look at ourselves. Certainly it’s easy to say execute better, but it’s bigger than that."

Dak Prescott: "Look in this locker room, we have talent and plenty of Pro Bowlers. We just need to figure it out."

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

do you have a source for those quotes?

Reaction score
Not only is that 66 point 3 game span 2nd half point differential the worst in team history, IT IS BY FAR THE WORST. The next worst differential I can find is like 43 points.

I'm working on the research for the next couple of days in my spare time, but I think it will be the worst of the Super Bowl era, and perhaps, just perhaps a new NFL record even accounting for the stone age of the NFL, but will take time to go through it all.

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
do you have a source for those quotes?
You mean Jerry's? It was well reported on, these are quotes to the media.

"But if there is anything that is disrespectful to the flag then we will not play,” Jones said. “You understand? If we are disrespecting the flag then we won’t play. Period.”

“We’re going to respect the flag, and I’m going to create the perception of it."

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You mean Jerry's? It was well reported on, these are quotes to the media.

"But if there is anything that is disrespectful to the flag then we will not play,” Jones said. “You understand? If we are disrespecting the flag then we won’t play. Period.”

“We’re going to respect the flag, and I’m going to create the perception of it."

I think I heard those but not this:

And said the players were just "performers on a 100 yard stage?"

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I think I heard those but not this:
Yeah that's false. At least, I never found that one as a actual quote to the media. There's a ton of memes out there saying this was part of a locker room speech Jerry gave the players. Snopes says no, but no idea who their source is for the denial.

Would it surprise anyone if Jerry truly considered the players not much more than WWE performers?

Our unprecedented legion of suck started right after his dictum about the anthem, however.

Reaction score
Keenan Allen had a career best 172 yards receiving. Less than two weeks ago. Adrian Clayborn's 6 sacks was a career best, Cowboys record of shame (already mentioned), and a Falcons new team record.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Keenan Allen had a career best 172 yards receiving. Less than two weeks ago. Adrian Clayborn's 6 sacks was a career best, Cowboys record of shame (already mentioned), and a Falcons new team record.

Yeah, but if Lee was on the field and making all the calls, he would have been held to a measly 144 yards. :rolleyes

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
TIDBIT:

Garrett is one of nine head coaches who have held that job since the start of 2011, his first full season.

Six of the 9 have won Super Bowls and a seventh (Rivera) at least won his conference and a SB trip.

Of the nine, only Marvin Lewis hasn't even won a playoff game. Ginger has one such win.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Here's how dismal we are:

Reaction score
Notes on the research of the stone age (1920-1959): It's kinda tough to find box scores for ancient shit, so I might not be bale to confirm NFL record status. I've emailed Bob Sturm with what I have found so far in the hopes that it will peak his curiosity so that he might help research. He has access to super secret Illuminati research sites and tools like percyhoward does. I haven't learned the secret handshake and passwords yet.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Notes on the research of the stone age (1920-1959): It's kinda tough to find box scores for ancient shit, so I might not be bale to confirm NFL record status. I've emailed Bob Sturm with what I have found so far in the hopes that it will peak his curiosity so that he might help research. He has access to super secret Illuminati research sites and tools like percyhoward does. I haven't learned the secret handshake and passwords yet.

Have you tried Pro Football Reference?

Pro Football Statistics and History | Pro-Football-Reference.com

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Sad to think that not even any of Campo’s 5-11 teams had a stretch this bad.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Can we count most cheesy robot grins at completely inappropriate times? Because he definitely has the record for that. Not just postgame handshakes after terrible losses, but check out the first minute or so of this show which was filmed on the field yesterday after that embarrassing national beatdown.

Jason Garrett Show: We've Got to Battle Back | Dallas Cowboys

Seriously, WTF is wrong with this guy? Honest question. Did his momma beat into him that he should always smile when a camera was on him and he still takes it too literally?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Can we count most cheesy robot grins at completely inappropriate times? Because he definitely has the record for that. Not just postgame handshakes after terrible losses, but check out the first minute or so of this show which was filmed on the field yesterday after that embarrassing national beatdown.

Jason Garrett Show: We've Got to Battle Back | Dallas Cowboys

Seriously, WTF is wrong with this guy? Honest question. Did his momma beat into him that he should always smile when a camera was on him and he still takes it too literally?

CAN.NOT.WATCH.THAT!

Top Bottom