Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Someone just updated the Cowboys wiki page after the loss

Lmao
cda5afd249856bf97229728a5fb00d01.jpg

Mr.Po

Reaction score
We're just not a very well coached team and it's just so painful to watch year after year. But Dak didn't help his cause by passing on 2nd and short and snapping the ball with 13 seconds left on the play clock on that 2nd down play. Dak absolutely has to take that clock down before he snaps it. It's just amazing how dumb these players and coaches are.

This is where a coach with any brains and is aware of situational football grabs their QB by the face mask and states under no circumstances do we pass the ball until the situation calls for it. Same with snapping the ball and the time clock. That needs to be brow beaten into his head at that point. They had already cashed their chips in and went all in on running out the clock so there was no turning back IMO. That pass was as braindead and senseless as could be. You should learn from your past mistakes. Evidently this red headed genius learns nothing and certainly coaches like it.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
my thought as well but I blame the coaches more than Dak, it reeked of Garrets conservative nature, too scared to push the clock too low.

I was worried when they threw on 2nd down and was virtually certain we'd lose when they scored with 1:13 left on the clock

100%. I knew it was over when we scored. Way to many clock management and mental mistakes. And, like CMD said above, we just reward mediocrity. I mean, Williams sucks and you have to wonder why we gave this clown millions. If he hasn't honed his craft over the years and still body catches, then he either doesn't listen or doesn't work hard enough to improve or he just doesn't care. Crawford? We made him a millionaire and he's just a JAG. And who the fuck is Switzer? This team just rips your heart out.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The play of the game was Terrance Williams not catching the ball and Randall's subsequent pick-six. .

Same thing as last week, with Ryan Switzer's boneheaded fumbled punt that completely changed the game.

Meanwhile our shitpile of a defense hasn't forced a turnover in 3 consecutive games. The last time we got 1 was vs Denver, and we got blown out that week.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We're just not a very well coached team and it's just so painful to watch year after year. But Dak didn't help his cause by passing on 2nd and short and snapping the ball with 13 seconds left on the play clock on that 2nd down play. Dak absolutely has to take that clock down before he snaps it. It's just amazing how dumb these players and coaches are.

Dak didn't call that play.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dak could have went down at anytime instead of scoring.

While they would have had 1st and goal, you never know when you will have a botched snap/fumble or get stoned and not even get in. You have to score the TD. he didn't do anything wrong there.

The bigger issue was the two previous pass attempts. One was on first down, the other on 2nd and short after rushing for 8 yards.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dak didn't call that play.

How do you know? In this system, he goes to the line with two plays; one pass and one run. Either way, you take the play clock down instead of snapping it with 13 seconds. I just think he was too nervous about not scoring and didn't manage the situation.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
Only bright spot I can take away from this is Taco is now down from 10 feet away from the QB to 8 feet away on QB pressures since the first game.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
How do you know? In this system, he goes to the line with two plays; one pass and one run. Either way, you take the play clock down instead of snapping it with 13 seconds. I just think he was too nervous about not scoring and didn't manage the situation.

We'll see. I didn't see him doing a lot of changing of plays today. He "killed" a few, but for the most part he seemed to be going with whatever was called in the huddle.

Either way I still blame the coaches there. If he did the same thing on the other throw (when it was 1st down) then the coaches have to step in and tell him what he did wrong and let him know they want the plays they are calling in those situations run, but you didn't see them doing that did you?

I strongly suspect its because Prescott simply ran the plays he was asked to run.

Reaction score
100%. I knew it was over when we scored. Way to many clock management and mental mistakes. And, like CMD said above, we just reward mediocrity. I mean, Williams sucks and you have to wonder why we gave this clown millions. If he hasn't honed his craft over the years and still body catches, then he either doesn't listen or doesn't work hard enough to improve or he just doesn't care. Crawford? We made him a millionaire and he's just a JAG. And who the fuck is Switzer? This team just rips your heart out.

Jerry loves to throw millions of dollars away. I sure wish he would toss some my way since he is so careless with it.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I still don't see how he made billions in the oil business.

gamble, gamble....he got lucky and his high tolerance for risk paid off. I've also heard one of his gas deals was suspect but cant recall all the facts in order to convey here.

He made millions on oil and gas and billions on the Cowboys. He should give a billion to jimmy because without his little run, we'd be looking at 30 years with no super bowl & I doubt the stadium gets built with the load of shit jeri would have marched out on the field

Mr.Po

Reaction score
Nugget from Twitter land. Astonishing and absurd at same time........

David Moore
David Moore @DavidMooreDMN
How bad was this loss for Dallas? Cowboys held ball for 12:44 of 4th quarter and were outscored 20-10 in period.
8:37 PM · Oct 8, 2017

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah, Garrett cant even figure out how to win when he controls the ball. That's really fucked up. Says a lot about the defense too, 20 points given up in 2:16, gotta be proud of that.

Top Bottom