Reaction score
I think you could literally write a book now on these types of things when it comes to Garrett's time here. Must be 100's of them, in fact so many maybe we should have a dedicated thread to this kind of garbage.

The hits keep on coming!

Since 2011, home teams with a lead of at least 15 points have lost just seven times. The Cowboys have three of those seven losses.

Dustdevil

Practice Squad
Reaction score
as a fan, i can't help but feel embarrassed that i am so emotionally invested in this team. i should know better. i live in massachusetts. i could be a patriots fan. i could be happy every sunday. loving life. winning championships. but no, i'm a cowboys fan. and i'm well aware of the torture and misery that still lies ahead.

why do i keep watching this team?
I was sitting there last Sunday thinking, "This is torture" and then it hit me....

We're in The Bad Place....

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Jerry doesnt give two shits about any of this except that the TV and sponsor money keeps rolling in, thats what this is about, nothing more. Sadly it takes local TV ratings decline to get his attention.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The players need to shut their pie hole and play. At this point, my guess is that the only argument they have is that the NFL can't "force" them to stand. And then I'd wonder what verbiage is in their contract(s) that could make them stand as a representative of the NFL and/or the Dallas Cowboys. These dumb fucks have no idea that they're playing chicken with their livelihoods. The NFL should have never let it get this far by appeasing these fools. That strategy never works.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The NFL bylaws specifically that they should stand for the national anthem and presentation of the flag

That applies to all players and coaches on the sidelines

Reaction score

The players have only themselves to blame. You do what the guy who signs your checks says you do while on the job or you get the fuck out. It's that simple. It is the one thing I will support Jerry Jones in doing. I don't care who it is, cut the fucker on the spot. If these assholes are more interested in political protest then they need to leave the NFL, and go into politics full time where we can ignore their sorry asses.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The players need to shut their pie hole and play. At this point, my guess is that the only argument they have is that the NFL can't "force" them to stand. And then I'd wonder what verbiage is in their contract(s) that could make them stand as a representative of the NFL and/or the Dallas Cowboys. These dumb fucks have no idea that they're playing chicken with their livelihoods. The NFL should have never let it get this far by appeasing these fools. That strategy never works.

The NFL should have never used the flag and national anthem as part of its PR/Product, sorry I'm too jaded to believe they added the anthem for love of country

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The NFL should have never used the flag and national anthem as part of its PR/Product, sorry I'm too jaded to believe they added the anthem for love of country

You may be right. I think I read somewhere that the NFL got paid millions from the DoD. But that doesn't matter. The optics are still bad and the NFL, as well as the players, should have handled it better.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Its even worse if the league allowed this garbage to go on and they are taking DOD, our tax money, to honor the flag and anthem. It was 100% wrong to allow it at all.

The players are as stupid as the commish.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I've always wondered about that. The EPL has never played the British national anthem before a game. Anthems are only played when it's an international game between two countries.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Reportedly, Jerry talked to them and smoothed it over. Said he understood where they were coming from but still can't constitute dissing the flag and vets.

Top Bottom