2017 Week Five NFL Thread - Page 22
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Week Five NFL Thread

1. Back To Top    #316
    Its even worse if the league allowed this garbage to go on and they are taking DOD, our tax money, to honor the flag and anthem. It was 100% wrong to allow it at all.

The players are as stupid as the commish.

2. Back To Top    #317
    Quote Originally Posted by yimyammer View Post
    The NFL should have never used the flag and national anthem as part of its PR/Product, sorry I'm too jaded to believe they added the anthem for love of country
    I've always wondered about that. The EPL has never played the British national anthem before a game. Anthems are only played when it's an international game between two countries.

3. Appreciation yimyammer appreciated this post
  4. Back To Top    #318
    It appears some Cowboy players are speaking out “anonymously” JJ and the National Anthem.

Scandrick waited for the press to enter the locker room before playing the song Fuck Donald Trump

Anonymous Cowboys Player Says Jerry Jones Lied & His Anthem Demonstration In ARZ Was 'Trash' | Total Pro Sports

5. Back To Top    #319
    Quote Originally Posted by Scot View Post
    It appears some Cowboy players are speaking out “anonymously” JJ and the National Anthem.

Scandrick waited for the press to enter the locker room before playing the song Fuck Donald Trump

Anonymous Cowboys Player Says Jerry Jones Lied & His Anthem Demonstration In ARZ Was 'Trash' | Total Pro Sports
    Idiot players need to wake up and face reality. They all look like fools and racists.

6. Back To Top    #320
    Unofficial Dallas Desperados Historian Bob Sacamano's Avatar
    Reportedly, Jerry talked to them and smoothed it over. Said he understood where they were coming from but still can't constitute dissing the flag and vets.
    1st -- Zeke Elliot, RB, OSU
    2nd -- Vernon Butler, DT, Louisiana Tech

7. Back To Top    #321
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sacamano View Post
    Reportedly, Jerry talked to them and smoothed it over. Said he understood where they were coming from but still can't constitute dissing the flag and vets.
    If anybody could BS his way thru something and smooth it over its Jerry. Then give that wink.

8. Back To Top    #322
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sacamano View Post
    dissing the flag and vets.
    Serious question, the flag doesn't solely represent the military so why is the action of taking a knee during the anthem considered an insult to veterans?

9. Back To Top    #323
    So Paea retired and Nolan Carroll was cut today.

We signed some nobody LB to take one spot.

Great times.

10. Back To Top    #324

2017 Week Five NFL Thread

Maybe this will be what sets the team off and we will be lucky enough for Garrett to lose the locker room.

That way it will actually be Jerry’s fault but he will have no one else to blame but Ginger. Because we all know Jerry wouldn’t take the blame for loosing the locker room. So his only recourse would be to fire Garrett

11. Back To Top    #325
    Serious question, the flag doesn't solely represent the military so why is the action of taking a knee during the anthem considered an insult to veterans?
    Its all about country. And military guys put their lives on the line for the country. So its disrespecting the country and the guys that serve and protect the country.

12. Back To Top    #326
    Quote Originally Posted by Scot View Post
    Because we all know Jerry wouldn’t take the blame for loosing the locker room.
    What are you talking about, jeri will take a good, hard look in that mirror of his, that usually does the trick

13. Back To Top    #327
    These "oppressed" multi-millionaires are basically saying "fuck you" to the United States. To be such ingrates is so unbelievable that I can only conclude those doing it have I.Q.s of sub 80 because it will destroy their ability to make a living if it keeps going.

It is an insult to veterans who have fought, been injured, and died for that flag, and this country. And once again, they are only doing this during the anthem for attention because leftist know that people will ignore them otherwise. Most of us do not support leftists, their policies, and in fact, downright despise them because of shit exactly like this anthem protest. We WILL NOT listen to their constant bitching so they have to intrude upon our hobbies.

I don't mean this to come off as terse towards you. Its just that this ridiculous bullshit chaps my ass. I'm tired of leftists ruining shit that was fun for me. I don't get any fun AT ALL from listening to leftists tell me what a sub-human piece of shit I am because I don't adhere to their religion of Marxism.

14. Appreciation ThoughtExperiment appreciated this post
    Props dbair1967, Dodger12 gave props for this post
  15. Back To Top    #328
    Wow, let'r rip brother, I take no offense, I don't keep up with all this political crap, who are all these leftists your referring to?

16. Back To Top    #329
    Quote Originally Posted by TheZoneSucks View Post
    I'm tired of leftists ruining shit that was fun for me. I don't get any fun AT ALL from listening to leftists tell me what a sub-human piece of shit I am because I don't adhere to their religion of Marxism.
    I don't think a lot of people realize how popular communism has become among younger people. These kids weren't around to see the Soviet Union collapse and there aren't any big examples of it failing these days... other than Cuba, which of course is ignored or even glorified by our media.

I don't know if it's our schools, or Hollywood, or just old terrible ideas promoted by social media, or a combination. But it's a real problem.

So yes, for a lot of these young people -- which includes these athletes -- it is about hating this country.

In any event, you've accomplished the near impossible......to have a thread closed/locked on DCU.

17. Props Dodger12 gave props for this post
  18. Back To Top    #330
    Quote Originally Posted by TheZoneSucks View Post
    These "oppressed" multi-millionaires are basically saying "fuck you" to the United States. To be such ingrates is so unbelievable that I can only conclude those doing it have I.Q.s of sub 80 because it will destroy their ability to make a living if it keeps going.

It is an insult to veterans who have fought, been injured, and died for that flag, and this country. And once again, they are only doing this during the anthem for attention because leftist know that people will ignore them otherwise. Most of us do not support leftists, their policies, and in fact, downright despise them because of shit exactly like this anthem protest. We WILL NOT listen to their constant bitching so they have to intrude upon our hobbies.

I don't mean this to come off as terse towards you. Its just that this ridiculous bullshit chaps my ass. I'm tired of leftists ruining shit that was fun for me. I don't get any fun AT ALL from listening to leftists tell me what a sub-human piece of shit I am because I don't adhere to their religion of Marxism.
    I find it comical that millionaires want to be critical of a system and country where they had the opportunity to become millionaires with very little intellectual effort. They have a phenomenal athletic gift that is in high demand in the sports world. Good them, as I don't begrudge anyone who was able to enrich themselves legally.

On the other hand, when you listen to Kap and he spews his bullshit wearing a Cuba/Castro t-shirt, any fool can see that he's completely out of touch with reality. It's absurd that this is the guy and philosophy some folks are defending.

19. Appreciation ThoughtExperiment appreciated this post
    Props NoMoRedJ gave props for this post

Members who have read this thread: 28