Quality Starter
Reaction score

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Fuck you Jerry. I've been listening to Tom Petty all week mourning another loss from my youth and you're still alive. Damn you......

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Nugget from Twitter land. Astonishing and absurd at same time........

David Moore
David Moore @DavidMooreDMN
How bad was this loss for Dallas? Cowboys held ball for 12:44 of 4th quarter and were outscored 20-10 in period.
8:37 PM · Oct 8, 2017

NOICE!

eFSDVy8.jpg

Reaction score
Nugget from Twitter land. Astonishing and absurd at same time........

David Moore
David Moore @DavidMooreDMN
How bad was this loss for Dallas? Cowboys held ball for 12:44 of 4th quarter and were outscored 20-10 in period.
8:37 PM · Oct 8, 2017

Gotta hand it to them. No team has been so creative at finding ways to lose. The Browns just suck. The Cowboys are artists.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
Gotta hand it to them. No team has been so creative at finding ways to lose. The Browns just suck. The Cowboys are artists.

How true. Some franchises are just notoriously bad and have been for a long time but you could add every team's astonishing defeats all in one and it wouldn't touch the haphazard string of self inflicted mind numbing losses this team has endured for the past 10 plus years.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Scott Kacsmar

@FO_ScottKacsmar
Most home losses when scoring 30+ points since 2010
1. Cowboys - 10
2. Saints - 5
2. Bills - 5
4. Giants - 4
5. Lions - 3

Reaction score
Scott Kacsmar

@FO_ScottKacsmar
1. Cowboys - 10
2. Saints - 5
2. Bills - 5
4. Giants - 4
5. Lions - 3

The records of shame keep piling up. No coach will ever match Garrett's resume because any other coach would be fired long before amassing that many.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
Scott Kacsmar

@FO_ScottKacsmar
1. Cowboys - 10
2. Saints - 5
2. Bills - 5
4. Giants - 4
5. Lions - 3

If this was NY Garrett would have been burned at the stake and set on fire then kicked out the door already. Hell Schottenheimer in SD was fired after a 14-2 season and an early playoff exit.

From my outsider opinion it seems the local Dallas media doesn't attack him often enough and the national media continues to point the finger at everyone else and praise the other side other than point to the one constant factor behind the meltdowns.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
If this was NY Garrett would have been burned at the stake and set on fire then kicked out the door already.
Hell they ran off Coughlin and his two rings, they arent living off 25 years ago there. Todd Bowles at this point is in the running for coach of the year as far as I'm concerned, he has nothing to work with, and he'll probably get shit canned end of year.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The records of shame keep piling up. No coach will ever match Garrett's resume because any other coach would be fired long before amassing that many.

Garrett is to HC as Jones is to GM.

Both painfully shitty, but neither ever in any danger or accountable for anything.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It's the bye week for us now, I know Garrett wont get fired and its unlikely Marinelli will either (even though both have more than earned it)

With that said, the only hope to see anything change is the team is going to have to spend the next two weeks contemplating some significant lineup and playing time changes.

Offensively, I really think they need to make a move on the OL, they still don't have a legit starting LG. T Williams should be benched for Brice Butler.

Defensively they are going to have to sit Jaylon Smith down. I wouldn't even have him active at this point for any of the remainder of the year. let him continue rehab and practice, but he should be shutdown on the field. He's the biggest liability on the defense right now against the run and the pass. Damian Wilson has been bad, but Kyle Wilbur is also awful and Lee is hurt again. They might need a move at LB too.

The Jeff Heath experiment should also be over. He's been nothing short of awful, which GM CMD had correctly predicted since the day the idea was even thought about. X Woods has shown some flashes and IMO should clearly replace Heath at this point.

Nolan Carroll hasn't been able to play for two weeks, I suspect that's a good thing. He should probably just be released.

The real dilemma has to be Byron Jones. He hasn't taken any sort of positive step in his 2nd full year at FS and other than a couple pass deflections has done nothing. I wonder if the idea of moving him back to CB has crossed their minds, because before getting hurt (again) the coaches had moved Awuzie to S and had apparently been practicing him there almost solely for a week or two.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The fact that we're still talking about clock management after all these years with the Red Dolt as out HC tells us all we need to know. I've lost track of the idiot's miscues to either end the half or end the game that directly impacted the game. And I said it before, but Dak absolutely has to take the playclock down before he snaps it. He snapped the ball with 13 seconds or so left.

And it's not like we haven't been on the winning end of some stupid end of the game clock management. In 2015, Manning decides to pass near the goal line with under two minutes left and we were out of TO's. We end up coming back and winning a game we had no business winning. Go to the 4:08 mark of this video. I remember it well and I know just what the GB fans were thinking yesterday. We gave away another win in the most improbable fashion yet again.

[video]https://youtu.be/hutXyiixQAo[/video]

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The fact that we're still talking about clock management after all these years with the Red Dolt as out HC tells us all we need to know. I've lost track of the idiot's miscues to either end the half or end the game that directly impacted the game. And I said it before, but Dak absolutely has to take the playclock down before he snaps it. He snapped the ball with 13 seconds or so left.

And it's not like we haven't been on the winning end of some stupid end of the game clock management. In 2015, Manning decides to pass near the goal line with under two minutes left and we were out of TO's. We end up coming back and winning a game we had no business winning. Go to the 4:08 mark of this video. I remember it well and I know just what the GB fans were thinking yesterday. We gave away another win in the most improbable fashion yet again.

[video]https://youtu.be/hutXyiixQAo[/video]

This is a process Dodger. It takes time to learn all the ins and outs of being the next Tom Landry.

He should be up to speed of a Barry Switzer or Dave Campo in another 5 or 6 seasons. Just be patient.

Top Bottom