cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Used NFL.com’s Power Rankings because it’s too soon to use the actual records. They have us at 19, which means the 14th pick overall.

NFL Power Rankings, Week 5: Lions, Eagles soar into top three - NFL.com

I also used nfldraftscout.com’s player rankings for my “draft board”

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/top1000.php?draftyear=2018

Last, I included the four anticipated compensatory picks, two 4th rounders and two 5th rounders.

2018 Draft
1(14) Harold Landry DE 6-2/250 Boston College
Forget the 3-4/4-3 debate, this guy can get to the QB. He immediately improves the defense.

2 (46) Kyzir White S 6-3/215 West Virginia
They'd be lucky if he's still available in the mid-2nd. White has similar size and ability of Pro Bowler Kam Chancellor.

3 (78) Lorenzo Carter OLB 6-5/242 Georgia
Carter is ideal for the LEO position, putting an additional pass rusher at the traditional SAM LB spot. He has the size and athleticism to cover TEs and the pass rush ability to take on tackles.

4a (116) Kalen Ballage RB 6-2/227 Arizona State
With Zeke's potential suspension, and both McFadden and Morris becoming free agents, the Cowboys grab a RB early. Ballage can also return kicks and can be a weapon in the passing game.

4b (137) Will Hernandez G 6-3/340 UTEP
Hernandez is an incredibly strong and large man. He could end the Cowboys' concerns at left guard.

4c (138) Kentavius Street DT 6-2/290 NC State
Street is your prototypical 3-technique and should form a solid rotation with Maliek Collins.

5 (154) Traded to NY Jets for Xavier Woods deal.

5a (176) Kingsley Keke DT 6-3/310 Texas A&M
Back-to-back DT picks but Keke is a bowling ball 1-technique.

5b (177) Ebenezer Ogundeko DE 6-2/255 Tennessee State
Former Clemson player who had to leave the team, the risk is worth the reward with a late 5th round pick.

6 (192) Koron Crump LB 6-2/220 Arizona State
Crump is an effective pass-rusher but may be a player without a position. He has the skills of a DE but the size of a WILL LB. Like Floyd, could play the LEO position. or could just be a designated 3rd down-guy. Remember, there is no such thing as having too many pass rushers.

7 (235) Priest Willis CB 6-1/200 Texas A&M
Cowboys take a chance on Willis' size in the 7th round.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Could it be much worse, if any?

No.

Me and a couple of my Cowboys friends are major draft niks and have watched it open to close for years, going back into the early 90's. If they had simply picked SOME of the guys any of us were pining for in most of those years, we'd have been a vastly more talented team. Jerry's clown drafts from 1994-2001 were just atrocious and combined with his repeated wrong hires of head coaches, have ruined the team.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Me and a couple of my Cowboys friends are major draft niks and have watched it open to close for years, going back into the early 90's. If they had simply picked SOME of the guys any of us were pining for in most of those years, we'd have been a vastly more talented team. Jerry's clown drafts from 1994-2001 were just atrocious and combined with his repeated wrong hires of head coaches, have ruined the team.
No worries man, we hired Miles Austin to our scouting department last year, better picks are a-comin!

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
10. Dallas Cowboys | Maurice Hurst | DL | Michigan
America’s Team addressed some of their biggest defensive needs with some talented Wolverines in the 2017 draft, so why not keep a good thing going? This may seem high to some, but Hurst has been a wrecking ball for one of the nation’s best defensive lines this season, and could easily end up worthy of a top-10 selection.

42. Dallas Cowboys | Mark Andrews | TE | Oklahoma

74. Dallas Cowboys | Michael Gallup | WR | Colorado State

2018 NFL mock draft: Early 3-round projections | The Draft Wire | Page 5

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
19. Dallas Cowboys (4-3)

The Pick: CB Holton Hill, Texas

The Dallas Cowboys used second- and third-rounders in last year's draft to select cornerbacks Chidobe Awuzie and Jourdan Lewis, respectively, but they still don't have a true No. 1 cornerback on the roster. Team owner Jerry Jones can change that by driving down to Austin and taking a look at Holton "Hollywood" Hill.

The 6'3", 200-pound junior cornerback has eye-popping tools and traits. Hill's arm length, toughness as a tackler and 4.5 speed might just remind you of a young Richard Sherman. On the year, Hill has two interceptions, both of which he returned for touchdowns. He also continues to impress with five passes defensed despite offenses staying away from his side of the field.

The Dallas front seven could use a few upgrades, but the Cowboys can't afford to pass on a talent like Hill.

2018 NFL Mock Draft: Matt Miller's Midseason Projections | Bleacher Report

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I have to watch him (Holton Hill) more. I saw the USC game and didn't really notice him much.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
17. Dallas Cowboys | Christian Wilkins | DL | Clemson
This would be a perfect match of need and value for a Cowboys team that desperately needs a disruptive force in the middle of their defensive line. Wilkins is a rare athlete for his size, with the power and explosiveness to camp out in opposing backfields.

49. Dallas Cowboys | Mark Andrews | TE | Oklahoma

81. Dallas Cowboys | Michael Gallup | WR | Colorado State

113. Dallas Cowboys | Lorenzo Carter | EDGE | Georgia

2018 NFL mock draft: Updated 4-round projections after Week 10 | The Draft Wire | Page 6

Top Bottom