theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm curious. What do people base this on?
A lot of us think he goes through lapses of inaccuracy that we dont see this staff fixing. Some of us think he regressed this year. Some of us think he is only good enough to win with if everything goes right and isnt capable of carrying a team if necessary. Some of us think you should always draft a franchise QB if they fall to you just because of the bounty the team might get for flipping the pick or your current QB. There is lots of stuff to base it on. The player from the 2017 draft I am most curious to see how they end up is Mahomes, KC went all in and Reid can develop QBs.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
A lot of us think he goes through lapses of inaccuracy that we dont see this staff fixing. Some of us think he regressed this year. Some of us think he is only good enough to win with if everything goes right and isnt capable of carrying a team if necessary. Some of us think you should always draft a franchise QB if they fall to you just because of the bounty the team might get for flipping the pick or your current QB. There is lots of stuff to base it on. The player from the 2017 draft I am most curious to see how they end up is Mahomes, KC went all in and Reid can develop QBs.

All that you raised, you still didn't address based on what? You mentioned trading him. If you don't think that he's that good to keep around, why do you think he has value? All the things you mention in the aforementioned, you don't think other teams would notice, and if so... why would they make the trade?

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
All that you raised, you still didn't address based on what? You mentioned trading him. If you don't think that he's that good to keep around, why do you think he has value? All the things you mention in the aforementioned, you don't think other teams would notice, and if so... why would they make the trade?

Because he has started and won in the league, he has lead a team to playoffs. Look at the shit that other teams trot out there week after week as starters. I like Dak and hope he makes it here, but if they have a chance to make a significant upgrade they should. And dont forget there are plenty coaching staffs out there that probably think the can fix whatever they perceive as wrong with him because like you said the staff here isnt exactly doing him any favors.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Because he has started and won in the league, he has lead a team to playoffs. Look at the shit that other teams trot out there week after week as starters. I like Dak and hope he makes it here, but if they have a chance to make a significant upgrade they should.

And dont forget there are plenty coaching staffs out there that probably think the can fix whatever they perceive as wrong with him because like you said the staff here isnt exactly doing him any favors.

You don't see the contradiction and how you proved my point? Particularly with the last one. You basically admitted that coaching is the problem. Well guess what... bring in a so-called franchise QB --- to which you still haven't fully defined (personally I think you are speaking in code but that's another matter), bottomline is the same problem that plagues Dak and plagued Romo would still be present: GARRETT. And no franchise or belief of a franchise QB is going to overcome that consistently and long term. What is it that you do not get?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Wait- When has Belechick ever used a 1st round pick on a quarterback? Even a "franchise" one?

End of debate - it's about the COACHING and development of the player, not his draft status. 30-plus total BUSTS of first round "franchise" QB picks in the last 15 years should tell you that.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You basically admitted that coaching is the problem.
When have I or anybody that posts here regularly not clearly seen that coaching was a problem? What I am suggesting is that Dak in the long run (I dont care who is coaching) is merely good enough, and maybe merely good enough isnt.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
When have I or anybody that posts here not clearly seen that coaching was a problem? What I am suggesting is that Dak in the long run (I dont care who is coaching) is merely good enough, and maybe merely good enough isnt.

Then why bring in a so-called franchise QB as a replacement for Dak? You pretty much siuggest that Dak is the problem --- after just 4 games. He had basically one lousy game through this mess.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Wait- When has Belechick ever used a 1st round pick on a quarterback? Even a "franchise" one?

End of debate - it's about the COACHING and development of the player, not his draft status. 30-plus total BUSTS of first round "franchise" QB picks in the last 15 years should tell you that.

THANK YOU!

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Then why bring in a so-called franchise QB as a replacement for Dak? You pretty much siuggest that Dak is the problem --- after just 4 games. He had basically one lousy game through this mess.

Nah he left floaters in the bowl last year in both NYG games and the Minn game. When teams corral Zeke and make him win from the pocket I think it is at best a 50/50 proposition. I think think that because as I said at times his accuracy leaves a lot to be desired. I am not sure he is the guy to build around long term, and they need to be thinking long term cause they aint winning this year.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Nah he left floaters in the bowl last year in both NYG games and the Minn game. When teams corral Zeke and make him win from the pocket I think it is at best a 50/50 proposition. I think think that because as I said at times his accuracy leaves a lot to be desired. I am not sure he is the guy to build around long term, and they need to be thinking long term cause they aint winning this year.

Got it. Every pass must be perfect.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

You trust these dumb fucks to draft a QB of the future in the first round? You think they can evaluate a QB? They think Moore is good!

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
They think Moore is good!
Doubt they think that. What they really think is no matter what backup plays more than a couple games, seasons over. There arent enough good starters to go around never mind backups. And you know the answer to whether I trust em or not.

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Doubt they think that. What they really think is no matter what backup plays more than a couple games, seasons over. There arent enough good starters to good around never mind backups. And you know the answer to whether I trust em or not.

You trust them enough to doubt they think Moore is good. I think the stupid fucks actually believe he is good.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Will a "franchise" QB --- people throw that term around so much and have no clue, make Garrett a better coach?

Of course not. It's been 7.5 years now. He is what he is -- a huge bag of nothing.

Our only hope is the kind of overwhelming talent (like we seemed to have on offense last year) that anyone can win with.

And FWIW, I never said Dak can't be that franchise QB. Way too soon to say that. I still think his best comp is Russell Wilson. Even if he doesn't throw it like Aaron Rodgers (who else does?), I think his legs can torment defenses.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well guess what... bring in a so-called franchise QB --- to which you still haven't fully defined (personally I think you are speaking in code but that's another matter),.....

I knew from our previous discussions on the topic that this would come out sooner or later. It's a BS argument, as is your question of what a franchise QB is.

bottomline is the same problem that plagues Dak and plagued Romo would still be present: GARRETT. And no franchise or belief of a franchise QB is going to overcome that consistently and long term. What is it that you do not get?

No doubt that the same issues with coaching and D will plague Dak, just as it did Romo. But the game last week was very winnable in spite of the coaching. Dak missed some wide open throws and didn't play well in the second half. He plays conservative even on 4th and 10 with the game on the line. I mean, what kind of throw was that to Zeke? So far teams are shutting down the running game and putting the game in Dak's hand(s) and, right now, he's incapable of carrying this team.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

When has he had to? He had Bledsoe at the position who had just signed a big time contract extension. And when Brady took over for an injured Bledsoe he took the team to the SB. I mean, is this a serious question?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
When has he had to? He had Bledsoe at the position who had just signed a big time contract extension. And when Brady took over for an injured Bledsoe he took the team to the SB. I mean, is this a serious question?
With the bolded you seem to get it. But by your meter of insistence, Belechick should have been drafting QBs in the first round. There was never any caveat that one was needed, be necessary for that pickage.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
With the bolded you seem to get it. But by your meter of insistence, Belechick should have been drafting QBs in the first round. There was never any caveat that one was needed, be necessary for that pickage.

Yes, a young QB takes him to the SB and he should draft one? I'm not sure what you're arguing here.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yes, a young QB takes him to the SB and he should draft one? I'm not sure what you're arguing here.
Same thing the OP is arguing. That if a "franchise" QB is available it should be drafted regardless of need.

Top Bottom