theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Let me preface this with, I am a Dak fan. I dont put todays loss on him, though he was putrid in Denver. I do think he is good enough to win with if everything goes right (it never will as long as Jerry is breathing). My opinion is that he is a top 15 types QB, better than a bus driver but wont ever be elite. I am of the opinion that if a consensus franchise QB falls to us in the spring they should grab him round one. Please dont bother telling me about all the other holes, I actually figured that out all ready. Franchise QBs are probably the hardest position in sports to fill and I am beginning to think we aren't necessarily as set as I thought going forward.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Get back to me on this somewhere around week 14. I'll know more then if we have a QB problem that justifies a 1st round pick for a new one.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
If we are in position to draft a franchise QB there's a good chance we are also in position to draft an elite DE or elite LB. do you pass on them to take a QB in the first?

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
If we are in position to draft a franchise QB there's a good chance we are also in position to draft an elite DE or elite LB. do you pass on them to take a QB in the first?

Every time if I dont feel like I have one. Not to mention Dak has good trade value.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Every time if I dont feel like I have one. Not to mention Dak has good trade value.

Right now it's a 2 man race (Darnold and Rosen). Are these the guys we're talking about? Or are we talking about a mid-late 1st round guy? We will need to be in the top 3 to have a shot at Darnold or Rosen.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jimmy drafted Walsh when he had Aikman (and Dak's no Aikman). You take a franchise QB if he's available. It's the most important position on the field.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jimmy drafted Walsh when he had Aikman (and Dak's no Aikman). You take a franchise QB if he's available. It's the most important position on the field.

I'm willing to bet jeri & co have Dak penciled in carved in stone for the next 10+ years, all we can do is hope they're right

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Right now it's a 2 man race (Darnold and Rosen). Are these the guys we're talking about? Or are we talking about a mid-late 1st round guy? We will need to be in the top 3 to have a shot at Darnold or Rosen.

For the record i am a big Darnold fan. I expect him to go number one over all. This team could draft top ten, but top 16 looks like a certainty.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

For the bold you mean in team sports. You are completely correct on the rest though.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet jeri & co have Dak penciled in carved in stone for the next 10+ years, all we can do is hope they're right

I'm afraid you're right. And I'm not confident that these coaches can properly evaluate the position. And why the hell does it look like Dak's regressed from last year?

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
For the bold you mean in team sports. You are completely correct on the rest though.

Absolutely. And it's the hardest position to find and develop. This team has gotten lucky thanks to Romo and they think they can take short cuts on the position.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Absolutely. And it's the hardest position to find and develop. This team has gotten lucky thanks to Romo and they think they can take short cuts on the position.

It would one thing if they had David Lee or somebody like that on the staff (look what he did for Romo, did a miracle with Tyrod Taylor) but they dont have anybody close to that type of QB guru to smooth out the rough spots.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm afraid you're right. And I'm not confident that these coaches can properly evaluate the position. And why the hell does it look like Dak's regressed from last year?

I don't know, I don't have a clue how to evaluate much beyond the final score. I REALLY like Dak and feel he can be a franchise QB but like I said, I don't know how to evaluate jack shit

The league is nuts and no team besides the Patriots have shown any kind of consistent dominance season over season & parity makes it next to impossible to know who's gonna be good from week to week and year to year and also makes jeri & co think they're perpetually just a player or play away

its maddening, I wish I didn't care

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
I am not sure Dak can actually be adequately evaluated as long as Clappy the Clown is our leader. Dak will never be as good as Romo when Romo was on but he has potential and also brings a lot with his ability to run. I am not ready to write Dak off but if a franchise QB is available when we draft we should pick him. I am not sure Dak will ever be a "franchise" QB but he could be a darn good one but will never reach his potential with Ginger.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Dak will never be as good as Romo when Romo was on but he has potential and also brings a lot with his ability to run.
Yeah that reminds me, not much talk about that play where Dak avoided the sack but his body was basically twisted like a pretzel in the process. Romo would still be laying there and out for months.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
They need to draft some fucking defenders. Preferably one's that are:

A) Not at risk for suspension.

B) Not injured at the time of the draft.

C) Not injury prone or with a significant injury history.

D) Not named after food.

Just look at the 2nd rounders from 2010 to 2016. Sean Lee, Bruce Carter, N/A (Thanks, Morris!), Escobar, Demarcus Lawrence, Randy Gregory, Jaylon Smith. What has the team gotten out of it? 1-1/2 players and a prayer for Jaylon? I don't think Jaylon is anywhere near where the team claims and I hope he's still progressing. He doesn't look like a guy with the 4.50 40-yard time he claimed in January. He wasn't closing a lot of ground on that big ass TE that was overthrown deep in the 4th quarter.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
They need to draft some fucking defenders. Preferably one's that are:

A) Not at risk for suspension.

B) Not injured at the time of the draft.

C) Not injury prone or with a significant injury history.

D) Not named after food.

Just look at the 2nd rounders from 2010 to 2016. Sean Lee, Bruce Carter, N/A (Thanks, Morris!), Escobar, Demarcus Lawrence, Randy Gregory, Jaylon Smith. What has the team gotten out of it? 1-1/2 players and a prayer for Jaylon? I don't think Jaylon is anywhere near where the team claims and I hope he's still progressing. He doesn't look like a guy with the 4.50 40-yard time he claimed in January. He wasn't closing a lot of ground on that big ass TE that was overthrown deep in the 4th quarter.

In the next draft I'm looking for a big fast play making LB (preferably a MLB). That or DL with 2 of the first 3 picks. That other pick I'm looking for a RT. Collins needs to be playing Guard.

Top Bottom