Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Considering DE’s take at least a year to develop I’m giving Taco another year before he gets the bust label.
Yeah I'm not ready to call him a bust yet, but he sure as hell isn't a phenom either. He hasn't done jack shit so far. Maybe our genius CoTY is telling him to hold back until about week 13.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We’re also a quarter way through the season and have no idea if our 2nd rounder can even play. Considering DE’s take at least a year to develop I’m giving Taco another year before he gets the bust label.

I would sure feel a lot better if I’d of heard his name called during a game at least once by now.

Literally the only thing he has done so far is one sack in preseason

I don’t even think he’s had a single pressure in a real game yet

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Yea he hasn’t done shit. I believe you’re right Scot, I don’t think he has even 1 pressure all year yet.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
When he got his sack in preseason I thought to myself, maybe this kid will be ok

Now don’t get me wrong, it’s only been four games. But damn, we shoulda at least heard his name called one fucking time by now.

So essentially he hasn’t made a single stand out play all season

I just checked his stat line and he only has two tackled all season

I’m sure he will get better over time. But damn kid, do something!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
tapper on ir now because foot surgery? not like its a big deal but i would think that with taco, its sink or swim now buddy.

and isnt paea still hurt too, knee?

Paea has had a knee issue all through training camp.

We do get David Irving back this week and he could be a boost.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So we have the 6th worst starting tackle (la'el) and the 5th worst starting guard (chaz). Or 3rd worst when Cooper is in at left guard.

Yep.

Like I said in another thread somewhere, if they have another mediocre OL performance this week then trading for OL help might become a real possibility. Especially since Tyron's back has become an issue again.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
When he got his sack in preseason I thought to myself, maybe this kid will be ok

Now don’t get me wrong, it’s only been four games. But damn, we shoulda at least heard his name called one fucking time by now.

So essentially he hasn’t made a single stand out play all season

I just checked his stat line and he only has two tackled all season

I’m sure he will get better over time. But damn kid, do something!

It's still way too early. DL take time to develop and he really isn't getting that much playing time. It's not like he is out there for 40-50 plays a week and doing nothing.

And by the way he had 2 sacks, maybe 3 in preseason as I recall.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It's still way too early. DL take time to develop and he really isn't getting that much playing time. It's not like he is out there for 40-50 plays a week and doing nothing.

And by the way he had 2 sacks, maybe 3 in preseason as I recall.

I only remember him getting one sack in the preseason.

Regardless- he hasn’t done shit in a real game. I’m sure he will get better eventually. Let’s hope it’s sooner rather than later.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I only remember him getting one sack in the preseason.

He had one vs Rams and one vs Raiders

There was another play he caused a sack that another of our DL ended up with. One if his sacks was a forced fumble I believe too.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Regardless- he hasn’t done shit in a real game. I’m sure he will get better eventually. Let’s hope it’s sooner rather than later.
I keep telling you guys, our genius CoTY is holding him back for later on, for the PLAYOFF run! He will unleash him at just the right time then, look out!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just realized that our GM was voted into the HOF, Jason was voted the COTY, Dak was voted ROTY, and we had the leagues leading rusher from last year in Zeke

And this year we can’t buy a win

That’s a lot of honors from last year to be screwing the pooch just one year later

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
They need to do to the DL what they did to the secondary. Keep Lawrence, Collins, Irving, and Taco. Scrap everyone else.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm not sure what I just watched; did New England's defense just make Winston look that bad or did he make them look that good?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not sure what I just watched; did New England's defense just make Winston look that bad or did he make them look that good?

I would think more of the latter, New Englands defense has been worse than ours this year so far I think

The advantage they have though is they have far better coaching than we do however.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
new england's defense this year has been the worst of the belichik era till this point.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I've never bought in to Winston. He's not that talented a passer, he's pretty slow footed, and I don't think he's that bright. All his off-field problems in college were always a huge red flag to me.

Top Bottom