seandude

Spectator
Reaction score
Vegas has Dallas favored with a huge -6.5 point spread, but our wins are never easy...or pretty.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
If they move Dak out of the pocket then I'd like the Cowboys WR's against the Rams secondary.

Yep, the Rams defense is really weak on the back end especially without Joyner. And that read option look is tough for anyone to stop. Glad our braintrust finally brought it back out of mothballs end of the first half last week.

I think the Rams' only chance is if penalties or mistakes put us in 3rd and long where their pass rush can tee off. Or of course, turnovers.

I did see where Watkins and also Tavon Austin (who doesn't add much) are good to go.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
If Dez doesn't have a big game vs that bullshit secondary then he's out of excuses.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yep, the Rams defense is really weak on the back end especially without Joyner. And that read option look is tough for anyone to stop. Glad our braintrust finally brought it back out of mothballs end of the first half last week.

I think the Rams' only chance is if penalties or mistakes put us in 3rd and long where their pass rush can tee off. Or of course, turnovers.

I did see where Watkins and also Tavon Austin (who doesn't add much) are good to go.

Do you think Garrett will take over the playcalling because it's Wade? If so... I'm going with Wade.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If Dez doesn't have a big game vs that bullshit secondary then he's out of excuses.

Gotta admit I am kinda worried about our OL vs their front 7. Donald should be rounding into form plus they have Brockers, Quinn, Ogletree, Barwin etc etc. Wade is going to throw the kitchen sink at our underperforming OL (which might be missing one starter)

Reaction score
The Giants were bad but Dallas was still playing Jason-ball (take what the defense gives, pretend to run with pass/run options but generally that means pass). with stupid in the the red zone and avoiding the RB. Jason-ball returned for Denver thinking they would just improve on red zone efficiency. But Denver was absolutely prepared for Dallas and Dallas was only prepared to run Jason-ball better no matter who they played. They didn't adjust anything and just kept running the same things over and over. Arizona came in and completely stuffed Jason-ball forcing the Linehan offense as a desperate remedy. Offense clicked and probably could have put 35-38 points up.
Now, from Dak's end of the season interviews last year, despite his lack of interceptions and general efficiency, Dak was supposed to advance in this offense which apparently means include lower percentage passing, greater risk of sacks, choosing more passing over run plays and throwing to players who are not open.

Yes, it would seem that "advancing in the system" means trying to take as many chances as Romo did. And incompletions, interceptions, loss of pointa and loss of the games are secondary to forcing this square peg of a pass philosophy fit into the round hole of the modern NFL.

All that to say, Jason-ball will probably be attempted again against the Rams (after all Jason-ball was the losing gameplan of both Packer playoff losses even though Linehan beat Capers during last season, a feat that Jason-ball never accomplished) and at some point Jerry or Steven will call down to the fields around the second quarter and demand that Dallas run the ball, get the ball to Bease and Dez etc and Linehan will take over.

Dallas 33 LARams 24

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Gurley is looking every bit as good as his rookie year, except better because he's catching passes too. Goff has done a 180 and then some. Watkins and Woods are off to good starts, and Cooper Kupp is for real.
On the other hand, their defense isn't quite there yet. They have their moments, but as hit and miss as they are I wouldn't fear them just yet.
This one could be wild, in a last team to have the ball wins kind of way. Or it might come down to Lawrence making a play on Goff that Dak would have gotten past. Either way, I say Dallas wins a close 33-30 type of game. But folks, have your blood pressure medication close by, it's not going to be for the faint of heart.

Last edited:

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome Joe!!! It'll be statement game for the Rams if they can pull it off and the Boys need to keep pace with Eagles and Skins. Just as interesting will be Goff vs Prescott. I think the Rams can score and will pull this one out. It might not even be close......

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I know betting lines don't mean much, but they mean something, and we're big favorites. Was over a touchdown when it opened, I think. Does that sway you guys at all?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I know betting lines don't mean much, but they mean something, and we're big favorites. Was over a touchdown when it opened, I think. Does that sway you guys at all?

Not really. Garrett has proven over the years that we are capable of losing to any kind of opponent.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
After much deliberation and consultation with our family priest, I'm going with Dallas. The Rams are well rested and no Sean Lee will hurt, but I just don't think Goff is ready to win a big game on the road (SF doesn't count).

Top Bottom