Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Quick, someone buy USAFL.com.

The NFL is ripe for being taken down.

All it would take is a football league geared toward Trump's base.

$$$$$$$

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin raps Alejandro Villanueva for standing for national anthem

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin raps Alejandro Villanueva for standing for national anthem | Fox News

For Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin, being “respectful of our football team” trumped the right of Steelers offensive tackle Alejandro Villanueva to show respect for the national anthem.

A former Army Ranger, Villanueva was the only player from the team to break from the coach’s orders and come out of the tunnel Sunday in Chicago to stand for The Star Spangled Banner.

Speaking after his team's 23-17 loss to the Bears, Tomlin appeared to take a swipe at the Bronze Star recipient's decision.

“Like I said, I was looking for 100 percent participation, we were gonna be respectful of our football team,” Tomlin said.

Tomlin told the media prior to kickoff Sunday the Steelers would not come out of the locker room for the national anthem, adding the intent was to have his team focus on the game and not President Trump’s comments blasting players who chose to protest during the playing of The Star Spangled Banner.

“Many of them felt like something needed to be done. I asked those guys to discuss it and whatever they discussed that we have 100 percent participation or we do nothing,” Tomlin said after the game. “They discussed it for an appropriate length of time and they couldn’t come to an understanding, so they chose to remove themselves from it. They were not going to be disrespectful in the anthem so they chose not to participate, but at the same time many of them were not going to accept the words of the president.”

Villanueva, who served three tours in Afghanistan, decided to stand his ground instead and placed his hand over his heart while the anthem played.

“We’re not politicians. We’re coaches and professional athletes," Tomlin said Sunday. "If those of us or individuals choose to participate in politics in some way I’m going to be supportive of that. But when we come out of locker rooms, we come out of locker rooms to play football games."

Villanueva has previously spoken out about former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick’s decision to kneel during the national anthem, saying his actions may “send the wrong message.”

“I don’t know if the most effective way is to sit down during the national anthem with a country that’s providing you freedom, providing you $16 million a year...when there are black minorities that are dying in Iraq and Afghanistan for less than $20,000 a year," Villanueva told ESPN in 2016.

He added: “I will be the first one to hold hands with Colin Kaepernick and do something about the way minorities are being treated in the United States, the injustice that is happening with police brutality, the justice system, inequalities in pay. You can’t do it by looking away from the people that are trying to protect our freedom and our country.”

Broncos defensive end Derek Wolfe also told the sports broadcaster that he would be standing during the national anthem Sunday because he wanted to be "paying tribute to the men and women who have given their lives for our freedom.

"I stand because I respect the men who died in real battle so I have the freedom to battle on the field... but everyone these days likes to find a reason to protest and that’s their right," Wolfe told ESPN, according to The Washington Post.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see what the viewership numbers are when they come out, especially Sunday night's game. I had little interest and just couldn't stay tuned in.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
myimagehost

myimagehost

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
NFL Customer Service phone line is 212-450-2000. Comments are recorded, compiled and forwarded to the appropriate department. Flood the sons of bitches.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
At this point I wish the NFL and NBA would just fold. I hate all these motherfuckers.

Get the fuck out of my country you ungrateful pieces of cowshit.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
By the way, fucking KARMA bitchslapped those pieces of garbage Stealers and that cocksucking HC Tomlin yesterday

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Remember when Goodell and the NFL office threatened players wanting to show support for 9/11 victims with fines?

But protesting our Flag and National Anthem, that's A OK

FUCK YOU GOODELL

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Guarantee you we'll see some sort of American flag burning ceremony at a NBA or NFL game in the not too distant future.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This guy would probably be reprimanded by Goodell for a move like this.

[video=youtube;lJe2Ew-rhx8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJe2Ew-rhx8[/video]

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Remember when Goodell and the NFL office threatened players wanting to show support for 9/11 victims with fines?

But protesting our Flag and National Anthem, that's A OK

FUCK YOU GOODELL
Meanwhile the league office NIXED Jerry's request to honor the murdered Dallas police officers during a Dallas home game.

Reaction score
I emailed the Cowboys with Jerry as the intended recipient. Told him he needs to immediately publicly apologize for taking a shit on the fans and the country with their little stunt before the Cards game. That is exactly what the Cowboys did. Never been so pissed off at Jerry, and that is saying something. Being incompetent is one thing, being a shitlib asshole, and forcing that shitlib political nonsense down our throats is going to cost you big time. Not even the Cowboys are immune to the backlash that is coming to the NFL. Just take a gander at youtube for fans across the league burning their fan gear.

Top Bottom