Reaction score
Most surprising aspect about this issue is that people give a shit. Must stand! No, you must kneel now!

Meh, let me know what it's time for the coin toss.

Translation: This is a disaster for the leftist agenda. Please stop noticing we are a bunch of shitbags who just have to suck the fun out of everything like psychic vampires.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
NFL has taken notice in what way?

The owners had to engage it, albeit in the wrong way. There's no denying it's been a shit show for the NFL but the damage to their reputation has been done.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Translation: This is a disaster for the leftist agenda. Please stop noticing we are a bunch of shitbags who just have to suck the fun out of everything like psychic vampires.

No translation needed. I don't care if they kneel or if they stand. What millionaires do for 2-1/2 minutes prior to a football games doesn't make a difference to me.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
The owners had to engage it, albeit in the wrong way. There's no denying it's been a shit show for the NFL but the damage to their reputation has been done.

Not sure the damage is any greater than some of the other controversies the league has put behind them. Hell, the Zeke case has a greater chance of doing harm to the league, IMO.

In what way should the owners have engaged the issue?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
No translation needed. I don't care if they kneel or if they stand. What millionaires do for 2-1/2 minutes prior to a football games doesn't make a difference to me.

It's just a lack of respect. Then you have said millionaires out there claiming they live in oppression or that owners of sports teams are somehow similar to "slavery" times.

They're fucking retards. If they don't like it here why not move to somewhere like Venezuela or some other dirtbag country they admire so much, and see what sort of living they can make there.

Hollywood and sports people should stick to entertaining and keep their ignorant fucktard mouths shut on everything else.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Firing Goodell wouldn't change anything though.

It would overall. He should be gone with or without this anthem issue for all his other bonehead handling of league matters. And he should have taken care of this issue as soon as Kaep started his disrespecting the flag and country as well as wearing pig socks.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
It would overall. He should be gone with or without this anthem issue for all his other bonehead handling of league matters. And he should have taken care of this issue as soon as Kaep started his disrespecting the flag and country as well as wearing pig socks.

I just don't see how. If he weren't there, the next guy would be acting on behalf of the owners as well. If no one was there, it would be the owners making the decision, which is pretty much where we are now in that many of them have decided to take part.

Had he disciplined Kaep, it would have blown the situation up 10-fold (just like it is now) only it would have happened last year.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not sure the damage is any greater than some of the other controversies the league has put behind them. Hell, the Zeke case has a greater chance of doing harm to the league, IMO.

In what way should the owners have engaged the issue?

The fan's aren't protesting or booing over the Zeke case. Nor will the Zeke case potentially cause fans to tune off the NFL.

The owners taking a knee basically told me that they agree with the issues the player's are protesting. Their response should have been to tell the players and staff that the players can protest on their own time. They interjected themselves trying to be politically correct. And I think the owners are also scared of the racially charged backlash.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Hollywood and sports people should stick to entertaining and keep their ignorant fucktard mouths shut on everything else.

Horse shit, they have a right to their opinion like everyone else.

What they shouldn't be allowed to do is proselytize their political or other views in the midst of doing their jobs where the paying customer is forced to listen to something they didn't sign up for when they bought their ticket.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
The fan's aren't protesting or booing over the Zeke case. Nor will the Zeke case potentially cause fans to tune off the NFL.

What the fans protest or boo won't be in the next round of CBA discussions. How the league disciplines it's players will undoubtedly be in those discussions. If the Zeke suspension is upheld, the next round of discussions are going to be a lot more difficult. If they can't come to terms, you could have a shortened season.

The owners taking a knee basically told me that they agree with the issues the player's are protesting. Their response should have been to tell the players and staff that the players can protest on their own time. They interjected themselves trying to be politically correct. And I think the owners are also scared of the racially charged backlash.

I don't necessarily think it means the owners agree with the issue. If that were the case, it wouldn't have taken a whole year for them to get on the field. They only interjected themselves after the President put himself into the issue. Had Trump not said anything, the protest would have remained small and not a single owner would have been a part of it.

The only thing owners taking part says to me is that they support their players' right to protest and they will stand by their players in the face of outside attacks. They weren't protesting social injustice like the initial bunch of players claim to be. I wouldn't even say they were protesting at all, just demonstrating that they support their players.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
They only interjected themselves after the President put himself into the issue. Had Trump not said anything, the protest would have remained small and not a single owner would have been a part of it.
Yep. Would have remained small and died out. Broadcasts weren't even covering the national anthem anymore.

Which, we all might remember it was once routine for them to skip broadcasting the pregame ceremonies entirely (other than playoff games), until Kaepernick brought attention to it with his little stunt. Now we see the ceremonies all the time. Which really, you could look at it as a good thing in that way. We can all thank Kaep, then Trump, for us getting to see the opening ceremonies pretty much every game now!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Horse shit, they have a right to their opinion like everyone else.

Sure they do, but not when my dime is involved.

I dont give two fucking shits about their dumbass opinions. It's fine to have them, but I don't want to see or hear the garbage when I am watching a concert or a movie, or a sports event

seandude

Spectator
Reaction score
When you're in uniform, you're a paid employee, punk. The only kneel down I want to see is in the last 30 seconds after a Cowboys win. Go protest on your own time.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Sure they do, but not when my dime is involved.

I know give two fucking shits about their dumbass opinions. It's fine to have them, but I don't want to see or hear the garbage when I am watching a concert or a movie, or a sports event

thats what I said

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Goodell sends a letter to all 32 owners and wants all players to stand and honor the flag and anthem. If the fool would have done this when he should have when it first started it wouldnt be this huge mess. Trump gets the best of the NFL and Goodell looks like a stooge once again.

Top Bottom