NFL Protests: The Future of the NFL is at Stake - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 136 to 144 of 144

Thread: NFL Protests: The Future of the NFL is at Stake

  1. Back To Top    #136
    Star Spangled Butt Kicker Doomsday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    High Plains Drifter
    Posts
    11,440
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofbite View Post
    They only interjected themselves after the President put himself into the issue. Had Trump not said anything, the protest would have remained small and not a single owner would have been a part of it.
    Yep. Would have remained small and died out. Broadcasts weren't even covering the national anthem anymore.

    Which, we all might remember it was once routine for them to skip broadcasting the pregame ceremonies entirely (other than playoff games), until Kaepernick brought attention to it with his little stunt. Now we see the ceremonies all the time. Which really, you could look at it as a good thing in that way. We can all thank Kaep, then Trump, for us getting to see the opening ceremonies pretty much every game now!

  2. Back To Top    #137
    Administrator dbair1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    36,239
    Quote Originally Posted by yimyammer View Post
    Horse shit, they have a right to their opinion like everyone else.

    .
    Sure they do, but not when my dime is involved.

    I dont give two fucking shits about their dumbass opinions. It's fine to have them, but I don't want to see or hear the garbage when I am watching a concert or a movie, or a sports event

  3. Back To Top    #138
    Lurker seandude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    15
    When you're in uniform, you're a paid employee, punk. The only kneel down I want to see is in the last 30 seconds after a Cowboys win. Go protest on your own time.


  4. Props cml750 gave props for this post
  5. Back To Top    #139
    Hall of Famer yimyammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,286
    Quote Originally Posted by dbair1967 View Post
    Sure they do, but not when my dime is involved.

    I know give two fucking shits about their dumbass opinions. It's fine to have them, but I don't want to see or hear the garbage when I am watching a concert or a movie, or a sports event
    thats what I said

  6. Back To Top    #140
    Hall of Famer NoMoRedJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,037
    Goodell sends a letter to all 32 owners and wants all players to stand and honor the flag and anthem. If the fool would have done this when he should have when it first started it wouldnt be this huge mess. Trump gets the best of the NFL and Goodell looks like a stooge once again.

  7. Back To Top    #141
    Super Moderator Dodger12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,102
    Quote Originally Posted by NoMoRedJ View Post
    Goodell sends a letter to all 32 owners and wants all players to stand and honor the flag and anthem. If the fool would have done this when he should have when it first started it wouldnt be this huge mess. Trump gets the best of the NFL and Goodell looks like a stooge once again.
    Spot on Red. It's too late. The damage has been done to the NFL's image and the owners were complicit in it because they didn't but a stop to it like any normal business owner in that same scenario. The NFL took it's fan base for granted.

  8. Props NoMoRedJ gave props for this post
  9. Back To Top    #142
    WKG ThoughtExperiment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodger12 View Post
    The damage has been done to the NFL's image and the owners were complicit in it because they didn't but a stop to it like any normal business owner in that same scenario. The NFL took it's fan base for granted.
    I wonder if there have been actual studies on businesses being too sensitive to social media criticism, not realizing how many SJWs are kids and how many older customers with money don't even use Twitter or give a shit about Facebook.

    In any event, you've accomplished the near impossible......to have a thread closed/locked on DCU.

  10. Back To Top    #143
    Super Moderator Dodger12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,102
    Quote Originally Posted by ThoughtExperiment View Post
    I wonder if there have been actual studies on businesses being too sensitive to social media criticism, not realizing how many SJWs are kids and how many older customers with money don't even use Twitter or give a shit about Facebook.
    Even if folks don't use social media I'm sure word would get around. Maybe big business like the NFL can take the hit (for a while) but small businesses would be killed. I mean, look at me....I don't use Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, etc. but I can still keep up with local and national news.

  11. Back To Top    #144
    Hall of Famer NoMoRedJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodger12 View Post
    Even if folks don't use social media I'm sure word would get around. Maybe big business like the NFL can take the hit (for a while) but small businesses would be killed. I mean, look at me....I don't use Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, etc. but I can still keep up with local and national news.
    As soon as Trump made it an issue the temper tantrums from the players erupted and the public reacted. And the public was not on the side of the players acting like little kids. Goodell could have avoided all of this but didnt react like he should have initially and Trump forced his hand. Trump looks like a genius and Goodell looks like a fool. Trump made it a patriotic issue and thankfully we still have enough patriotic Americans left.

Members who have read this thread: 25

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

The End Zone