theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
If anyone has aged bad it is Witten.

Come on man, you must be wearing that Dez jersey over your eyes. The best part is, Witten is like 80 in football years with lead feet, and still manages to get open and move the chains. Yet somehow in your mind he has aged badly. LOL!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Jenkins had to interfere with him on EVERY play in Week 1. If the refs would throw those flags that would not be an issue. It is also worth mentioning that Norman shuts down OBJ, so I think he is just a good CB.

Yep just like Romo, excuses excuses. If only this, if only that. Shuckee Darnit.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Jenkins had to interfere with him on EVERY play in Week 1. If the refs would throw those flags that would not be an issue. It is also worth mentioning that Norman shuts down OBJ, so I think he is just a good CB.

dude, watch the damn games. he can't get separation anymore. do you seriously believe that he gives us $13M worth of production?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
dude, watch the damn games. he can't get separation anymore.
Plus, defenders now know how to play that "jump ball" and have learned they can either jump too or just run right through the man as he is jumping, no foul.

His shtick was almost at one time a 40-60 proposition. Now it's more like 20-80 against.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
They have more than one trick up their sleeves.

You mean they actually run good, correct routes? Heaven forbid. I love how some people say he misses Romo. If by miss you mean get the ball forced to him then yeah, cuz otherwise he'd pout and disappear. Dak doesnt force the ball to him mainly because he isnt separating, and when he does he isnt coming down with it.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
dude, watch the damn games. he can't get separation anymore. do you seriously believe that he gives us $13M worth of production?

Bro, I literally just said he was interfered with on every play. How is someone supposed to get separation when they are interfered with?

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
You mean they actually run good, correct routes? Heaven forbid. I love how some people say he misses Romo. If by miss you mean get the ball forced to him then yeah, cuz otherwise he'd pout and disappear. Dak doesnt force the ball to him mainly because he isnt separating, and when he does he isnt coming down with it.

He isn't getting the ball because Garrett/Linehan decided that throwing deep to TWill (who can barely a catch a football and is worse than some arena/indoor ball receivers) is better than throwing deep to Dez.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Why because he always gets open and then actually catches the ball? Your a fan of the fantasy of Dez, not the current reality of Dez. He'll have games where he will tantalize but he is clearly on the descent.

I like Beasley but there are ALL KINDS of receivers that could do his job.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Come on man, you must be wearing that Dez jersey over your eyes. The best part is, Witten is like 80 in football years with lead feet, and still manages to get open and move the chains. Yet somehow in your mind he has aged badly. LOL!

Move the chains? Witten can't get any yards after the catch. He is also always open because NO defensive coordinator respects that he can actually make a play at this point.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Because he can't beat elite competition anymore and isn't worth the money. Jenkins shut him down twice last year and once again this year. Norman shut him down twice last year. You don't pay a guy $13M to only beat scrubs.

He can’t even beat scrubs on a regular basis!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
As an owner of a Dez jersey, I can say I don't regret that purchase.

I also own a Dez Jersey. I will never wear it again. The last time I did we went 4-12. Then I stopped wearing it the next season and we went 13-3.

Call me superstitious but that thing is never coming out of the closet on game day again LOL

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Throwing the jump ball to Dez was a 50/50 proposition at Best even when he was at the height of his career. Whenever that was.

When the thing you are known for and best at on the field is considered a 50/50 bet then you are nowhere near an elite WR.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Bro, I literally just said he was interfered with on every play.
Hand fighting and incidental contact isn't interference. Stuffing him at the line isn't interference. Getting him jawing instead of concentrating on his game isn't interference.

All three are how you beat a dumb player, chapter one.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I also own a Dez Jersey. I will never wear it again. The last time I did we went 4-12. Then I stopped wearing it the next season and we went 13-3.

Call me superstitious but that thing is never coming out of the closet on game day again LOL

Well I wear mine every Cowboys game and things have panned out.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Hand fighting and incidental contact isn't interference. Stuffing him at the line isn't interference. Getting him jawing instead of concentrating on his game isn't interference.

All three are how you beat a dumb player, chapter one.

I remember Collinsworth pointing out the amount of interference that was happening. Saying he wasn't interfered with is dumb, Dooms.

Top Bottom