Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again...

Garrett could get caught bending Jerry’s grandson over his desk when Jerry walked in and Jerry would pat em on the back and tell him what a good job he was doing

Garrett is NOT going anywhere. When his current contract is up he will be signed to another 5 year extension. Book it!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Surprised it's 7-7.

Demarcus Lawrence is having himself quite a yr so far. He might get 15+ sacks if he stays healthy.

Maliek Collins having a nice first half. The Xavier Woods kid is all over the place.

Offensively, we have like 70 yds or something of offense, and 30 of that came on one play that should have been a TFL or no gain.

Our OL is getting whipped for the 2nd straight game. There is just no excuse for an OL with 3 legit franchise OL's to look this bad.

At some point, coaches have to get mad. Enough with the clapping and shoulder punches. Motivate some guys or bench their ass, and if you arnt capable of that then the Johnny Walker GM needs to wake up and fire someone.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Take a bow coaching staff: 57 yards total offense and had the ball 9 minutes first half

Just inexcusable.

Really pathetic offensive start to this season. Defense was awful last week and for a lot of the 1st half tonight, but there's no excuse for a team with this offensive talent to have these results so far.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You think? Everyone has issues but it might take more than that. The East is there for the taking, that's for sure. No one is dominant, although I really thought we would be.

Man, I got sucked. I thought we'd be much better than they've displayed. They've just look so lethargic compared to other teams I've watched.

The intensity in that Redskins game last night was off the charts, they looked great.

crazy friggin NFL though so I don't think we'll know much until week 10 which by then, the giants might even be back in the running

I think its reasonable to expect the Cowboys to struggle early (& hopefully improve as the year progresses) given 40% of the O-line are basically rookies plus the slew of rookies and new players on defense.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Need to quit trying to keep the old Romo shit and let Dak be Dak.

Even the old Romo shit didn't really work for Romo.

You know, I watched the Cowboys last playoff win against the Lions the other day, and truth be told... ylou got to appreciate what Romo was doing under such fucked up conditions.

We all know that under Garrett's system the routes by the WRs take so long develop. So when the pocket breaks down, Romo is forced to scramble about to help by the WRs time, so that they can complete their routes, but then you have the WRs seeing Romo running for his life, so they break their routes before completion to help bail him out. So both the QB and WRs are trying to bail each other out. Just fucking chaos. But Romo was able to make it work until he started getting hit and hurt more.

The same way Garrett ruined Romo, he will do to Dak if he remains.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Almost forgot Ryan Switzer's great punt return. Nice to see him finally catch one with some space.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Great job Garrett. Don't call a time out and try to get the ball back. Just pocket the 3 time outs.

I'd rather he didn't. Well actually I'd rather he would have. Remember what happened against the Redskins' on Sunday night when Wade was the HC? With FOUR seconds left, and the Cowboys on their own 30-yard line, Garrett cals a play INSTEAD OF TAKING THE KNEE... a pass to Teshard Choice, he fumbles, Deangelo Hall scoops it up for a TD, and Redskins' win. That was the beginning of the end for Wade.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The same way Garrett ruined Romo, he will do to Dak if he remains.

I've said this from day one. Romo sucked but the scheme was his main downfall. But Romo said Garrett is a great coach so that tells you what was wrong. I don't think any other team would have offered Romo a big contract if we let him test the market. He fucking sucked and had no respect for the game. Ruck Fomo.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd rather he didn't. Well actually I'd rather he would have. Remember what happened against the Redskins' on Sunday night when Wade was the HC? With FOUR seconds left, and the Cowboys on their own 30-yard line, Garrett cals a play INSTEAD OF TAKING THE KNEE... a pass to Teshard Choice, he fumbles, Deangelo Hall scoops it up for a TD, and Redskins' win. That was the beginning of the end for Wade.

I hear you but a sack making it second and long with a minute to play deep in Cards territory....I think it's worth a shot. At the very least, it's the right coaching decision and you know damn well if we were on O the opposing HC would have called a TO.

Top Bottom