Reaction score
So anyway, getting back to continuously apologetic owner/GM with the motor mouth: Was listening to LA morning ESPN radio and they had Darren Woodson on as a guest. He wasnt nearly as protective on Zeke. In fact Woody said if it were up to him, he'd bench Zeke based on loafing for that interception. Said he was the only one he saw including lineman head off the field and not even try to make a tackle. This in a nutshell defines the difference in mentality between the current team and the early 90's team. Those 90's teams had an unmatched will to win, no fucking bullshit excuses, and were able to overcome Jerry's meddling. Thats why until Jerry is embalmed I feel like we are all just being cheaply entertained because as long as he's around, the best this team will do is occasionally make the playoffs. Seen this movie for decades and I dont like the ending.

It is more of a generational thing. The current generation of athletes just aren't true professionals like previous generations. Zeke has the classic entitlement mindset of the current generation of athletes, and frankly, disturbs me greatly going forward. Cam Newton has the same mindset. Once guys like Brady and Witten retire it will be this attitude that dominates professional sports and is one of the hidden reasons for ratings declines. Most people see it coming.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It is more of a generational thing. The current generation of athletes just aren't true professionals like previous generations. Zeke has the classic entitlement mindset of the current generation of athletes, and frankly, disturbs me greatly going forward. Cam Newton has the same mindset. Once guys like Brady and Witten retire it will be this attitude that dominates professional sports and is one of the hidden reasons for ratings declines. Most people see it coming.

The generational thing doesn't apply to just sports. It's everywhere in this country and in all walks of life.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
La'el Collins and Tyron were straight up abused. Gave up a combined 20 pressures to Miller and shaq barrett.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I think la'el isn't going to be as good as some hope. Just a feeling. He's just not there technique wise. Don't know what got into Tyrone though.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
La'el Collins and Tyron were straight up abused. Gave up a combined 20 pressures to Miller and shaq barrett.

Not sure I am buying that though. Miller was invisible most of the game.

I suspect a lot of those pressures (f they even were) came when the game was already well decided.

Top Bottom