theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I don't see the huge issue this is being made out to be.

I think the bigger issue is Jerry schilling for Zeke. That is a symptom of a problem that I think will out live us all.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The greater issue is the QB. Everything revolves around the QB. The team can continue to build around a franchise QB. If Prescott is a dud, then all your other efforts become meaningless.

First, after what we saw last year I believe he can be a more than capable starting QB. He's a quality leader and works his ass off, and his throwing ability has vastly improved since he was at Miss St.

That said, he didn't require much of an investment (4th rd pick, still under rookie contract). If he shows serious sign of regression this year and/or next, we can always make a move for another QB and know at a minimum that Prescott is a proven starter that would be an ideal backup, or maybe he moves on. And since we didn't invest an early pick on him, you don't get the double whammy of drafting a flub with that premium pick at the expense of passing on some other genuine quality prospects (nor do you have the cap investment)

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
BTW apparently Dak injured his ankle in the game, doubt it really affected his play that much. At least he didnt use it to beg out of the game as they were getting their asses handed to them. Gotta respect him for that.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
BTW apparently Dak injured his ankle in the game, doubt it really affected his play that much. At least he didnt use it to beg out of the game as they were getting their asses handed to them. Gotta respect him for that.

It looked really bad when it happened, and I believe they said they ended up doing heavy tape jobs on both ankles. They showed the docs working on him on the sidelines.

He was fortunate on the play he got bent badly that it wasn't a more significant injury.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
First, after what we saw last year I believe he can be a more than capable starting QB. He's a quality leader and works his ass off, and his throwing ability has vastly improved since he was at Miss St.

He's a quality QB when everything around him is running smoothly like it did last year. I hate the excuse that he lost to a very good D or that we might not see that good a D the remainder of the season. That's a lot of bullshit. You'll face some good defenses in the playoffs or SB. He's got to be better than capable and I saw some of that last year. But this is a new season.

That said, he didn't require much of an investment (4th rd pick, still under rookie contract). If he shows serious sign of regression this year and/or next, we can always make a move for another QB and know at a minimum that Prescott is a proven starter that would be an ideal backup, or maybe he moves on. And since we didn't invest an early pick on him, you don't get the double whammy of drafting a flub with that premium pick at the expense of passing on some other genuine quality prospects (nor do you have the cap investment)

Do you really feel this regime will just move on? I don't. Matter of fact, I don't have any faith at all that this staff and front office can make the right call down the road. They'll just make more excuses like they've done year in and year out. Dak needs to show improvement this season. And so far I've seen two less than stellar games.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Do you really feel this regime will just move on? I don't.

Me neither, I think jeri has him locked down for the next 10+ years in his mind already, he'll have to beat them over the head with horrific play for them not to give him a huge 2nd contract which will lock them in even more.

Having said that, I have a lot of faith in Dak but I have a fear of him turning back into a pumpkin and being a one year wonder like RG3

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It looked really bad when it happened, and I believe they said they ended up doing heavy tape jobs on both ankles. They showed the docs working on him on the sidelines.

He was fortunate on the play he got bent badly that it wasn't a more significant injury.

If that play happened to Romo he would have snapped both his ankles like twigs

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Me neither, I think jeri has him locked down for the next 10+ years in his mind already, he'll have to beat them over the head with horrific play for them not to give him a huge 2nd contract which will lock them in even more.

Having said that, I have a lot of faith in Dak but I have a fear of him turning back into a pumpkin and being a one year wonder like RG3

I hear you Yimy. I wouldn't have thought that until I saw the first two games this year. I'm not in full panic mode yet but I'm getting there. It's almost like we're watching what Prescott should have looked like last year as a rookie.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I hear you Yimy. I wouldn't have thought that until I saw the first two games this year. I'm not in full panic mode yet but I'm getting there. It's almost like we're watching what Prescott should have looked like last year as a rookie.

I wonder if having Romo around to teach/coach/mentor Dak was influential than we realize?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Matter of fact, I don't have any faith at all that this staff and front office can make the right call down the road. They'll just make more excuses like they've done year in and year out.
Bingo.

We go 4-12? Nothing to see here folks, move along. That never happened.

But don't forget to buy more tickets and t-shirts!

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wonder if having Romo around to teach/coach/mentor Dak was influential than we realize?

I was thinking the same exact thing. I even think having Romo around made Prescott look over his shoulder each and every week which was something that may have been a good motivation for a young QB. Now the job is his with no one to challenge and push him.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bingo.

We go 4-12? Nothing to see here folks, move along. That never happened.

But don't forget to buy more tickets and t-shirts!

Sad to say but I think some of that factors into the equation. Dak and Zeke will sell tickets. No doubt about it. .500 football might be a loss for us fans but it's a win for Jerry.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Nah, he has the ever capable Hellen as a mentor. You know the guy who is indespencable because he mastered the offense.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think the bigger issue is Jerry schilling for Zeke. That is a symptom of a problem that I think will out live us all.

So anyway, getting back to continuously apologetic owner/GM with the motor mouth: Was listening to LA morning ESPN radio and they had Darren Woodson on as a guest. He wasnt nearly as protective on Zeke. In fact Woody said if it were up to him, he'd bench Zeke based on loafing for that interception. Said he was the only one he saw including lineman head off the field and not even try to make a tackle. This in a nutshell defines the difference in mentality between the current team and the early 90's team. Those 90's teams had an unmatched will to win, no fucking bullshit excuses, and were able to overcome Jerry's meddling. Thats why until Jerry is embalmed I feel like we are all just being cheaply entertained because as long as he's around, the best this team will do is occasionally make the playoffs. Seen this movie for decades and I dont like the ending.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I found a pic of Romo mentoring Dak. I have it on good authority this is a prime example of the most Tony did to help the kid:

myimagehost

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
ru hanging out with Hostile on the down-low again?
Don't know the fuck, but from what I've seen and read about him do you really think that Romosexual would ever suggest such a thing as I asserted with the picture?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Don't know the fuck, but from what I've seen and read about him do you really think that Romosexual would ever suggest such a thing as I asserted with the picture?

sure, if it made himself feel superior, he'd throw out just about anything, he tried to pass off plastic army soldiers as the seal team 6 that killed Osama for gawd sakes

Top Bottom