LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I disagree in that, I think Dak and Zeke will continue to keep the Cowboys above 8-8 because of their greatness. They will continue to overcome the loser culture and win games inexplicably and cause Stephen A. Smith much sadness.

The problem is not Dak and Zeke. It's Garrett. This team will never reach its potential with him at the helm.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Dooms... this is the DALLAS COWBOYS. One of the most visible team in all sports. There is no sneaking up. They were talking about Dak all last preseason with his takeover for Romo. The main storeyline was the potential QB controversy with Romo coming back. The Cowboys were the most watch team in the NFL all last season . There was no sneaking up.
Yes, there was. Just ask all the players who voted in the NFL Network's top 100 poll. We snuck up on them mainly because of this:
There's coaches, then there's players and until you are physically on the field against a Zeke or a Dak, you really do NOT know what they can do. That's called "sneaking up." And it is worth 5 more wins for this 8-8 team.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm not so much worried about that as the combination of that and the lousy coaching we all know he is getting.

I am with Bee Bee on this. The fraud that is the HC aside, very few QBs have the ability to carry a team and I dont Dak is one of em. I think when you compare Dak to Romo, that Dak will turn it over less and pull out some of the games Romo found a way to lose. I just dont think he will approach Brady/Rodgers level, and when asked to do too much it will turn out to be a net negative. I think that will be apparent when Zeke is out.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Dak will turn it over less and pull out some of the games Romo found a way to lose.
This is IF he stays true to what he is and doesn't worry about pleasing Opie.
I just dont think he will approach Brady/Rodgers level, and when asked to do too much it will turn out to be a net negative. I think that will be apparent when Zeke is out.
We shall see. But my deal is I see more Aikman in him than I see Romo. Think about that.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Dooms... this is the DALLAS COWBOYS. One of the most visible team in all sports. There is no sneaking up. They were talking about Dak all last preseason with his takeover for Romo. The main storeyline was the potential QB controversy with Romo coming back. The Cowboys were the most watch team in the NFL all last season . There was no sneaking up.

This is a true statement.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I am with Bee Bee on this. The fraud that is the HC aside, very few QBs have the ability to carry a team and I dont Dak is one of em. I think when you compare Dak to Romo, that Dak will turn it over less and pull out some of the games Romo found a way to lose. I just dont think he will approach Brady/Rodgers level, and when asked to do too much it will turn out to be a net negative. I think that will be apparent when Zeke is out.

But I think a combination of Dak and Zeke can carry this team.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score

I don't think Dak will throw it like those guys but I do think he'll be very much like Russell Wilson. He'll throw it well enough and he'll run for first downs on those critical 3rd and 6 downs that are backbreaking for defenses.

But most of all, he has the perfect personality for the circus atmosphere around this particular team. He's got that calm, focused personality and extremely rare leadership ability that can overcome all the nonsensical distractions here.

Of course Garrett adds absolutely nothing to the equation. Will this team achieve as much as it could with him as it would with a better coach? Absolutely not. But Linehan and Marinelli are good to above average, and that plus a top QB may be enough.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think Dak will throw it like those guys but I do think he'll be very much like Russell Wilson. He'll throw it well enough and he'll run for first downs on those critical 3rd and 6 downs that are backbreaking for defenses.

But most of all, he has the perfect personality for the circus atmosphere around this particular team. He's got that calm, focused personality and extremely rare leadership ability that can overcome all the nonsensical distractions here.

Yep, agree

I of course think Garrett adds absolutely nothing to the equation. .

How can you not see the value of all that clapping and shoulder bumping he does? That sideline grin alone is worth a couple pts per game advantage over the other team as well.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
1) I'll start with what had to be the most obvious to everyone, Kellen Moore was just dreadful. He looks (and plays) like a Pop Warner player. On one he literally had to have a running start on one throw to get it 15 or so yards downfield to the sideline. Most of his throws were dink passes that were also poorly thrown in many cases. The few downfield throws he tried were awful. he got one pass batted down because he's a smurf. I cant understand how they can watch this guy day in and day out and think he even remotely resembles a quality NFL backup. I get that he is like another coach out there, but if so make him a coach and get him off the roster. I don't see how he could perform well enough to win us even one game if he had to play. Contrary to retards in CZ, I don't think Cooper Rush is worthy of #2 status now either, although he is an interesting developmental #3 guy. if it were me running thins, he and Prescott would play the next two games, with Rush getting all the snaps in the 5th preseason game. After final cutdowns I'd get a real backup in here pronto.
Kellen Moore sucks. Always has, always will. Will probably make a decent QB coach or OC, then again, used to think the same about Garrett.

2) Good news, the Cowboys forced 5 fumbles (and probably a 6th, it got overturned) but the bad news, they only recovered 1 (save for the one that got overturned). I think other than 1 of them, the Cowboys had clean shots to recover the others and botched them. They almost botched the one they did recover, despite having 3 or 4 guys all closest to the ball. Jeff Heath cost us a TD when he couldn't recover a ball in the air on a great play from Anthony Hitchens to jar a ball loose on the GL.
At least 2 of those fumbles were unforced errors. Also like Kellen Moore, Jeff Heath sucks.

3) Good games on defense for Taco Charlton, David Irving, Xavier Woods, Damien Wilson, Kavon Frazier & Lenny Jones (although he did miss one open field tackle that I saw). Demontrae Moore was pretty active too. Bad news here is Irving and Moore are already suspended, and Wilson seems likely to be suspended too.
Agreed. Irving is probably our 2nd best defensive player behind Lee. People were overanxious to bash Taco. He will be solid.

8) I've said pretty much all I need to say on the Elliott suspension in the other thread. Bottom line is if he hit the girl he probably deserves a suspension, though I'm not sure it definitely warrants 6 games considering all the other circumstances. The whole thing reeks of a corrupt, biased ploy to help Goodell land a few political points and maybe some new viewers from the left wing feminist crowd. The commentary from the league itself on this and some of these "panel" people was a fucking joke the other day.

It just feels excessive and they seem like they had an agenda. There is information out there that she fabricated some, if not all, of this but the NFL seemed to ignore that. Weird.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Garrett is going to put an end to that real quick, like he did with Romo. How many times in Romo's later career did he refuse to run for the 1st down when he had plenty of daylight and thereby sustain drives? Garrett wanted him to stand tall in the pocket and either throw the ball away or take the hits.

You caught a glimpse of Garrett trying to handcuff Dak in the second Giant's game. A preview of what is to come.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
How can you not see the value of all that clapping and shoulder bumping he does? That sideline grin alone is worth a couple pts per game advantage over the other team as well.

Don't forget that intense penetrating laser-like stare he does at the camera. Sends chills up my spine.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Garrett is going to put an end to that real quick, like he did with Romo. How many times in Romo's later career did he refuse to run for the 1st down when he had plenty of daylight and thereby sustain drives? Garrett wanted him to stand tall in the pocket and either throw the ball away or take the hits.

You caught a glimpse of Garrett trying to handcuff Dak in the second Giant's game. A preview of what is to come.
I think Dak has the personality to eventually -- probably sooner rather than later -- take over and practically be that coach on the field.

Dak might seriously be the best personality for this team possible. Even including some of the best QBs who might have more arm talent.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think Dak has the personality to eventually -- probably sooner rather than later -- take over and practically be that coach on the field.

Dak might seriously be the best personality for this team possible. Even including some of the best QBs who might have more arm talent.

I agree. He's not the awshucks-SHAZAM!-Gomer Pyle persona of Romo. Dak is serious and studious. Just think that Garrett is going to ruin him. You here how players are coach-killers, well Garrett is that but with players.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
People were overanxious to bash Taco. He will be solid.

I dont think anybody was anxious to bash Taco. I think they were anxious to see him not getting dominated in practice and pre season games by scrubs. Lets hope he is moving in the right direction. I certainly dont have the same expectations for the 28th pick in the draft that I did for the 4th pick.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score

Which is something that was talked about when Dak was at Mississippi State meaning that shouldn't change.

Top Bottom