spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Cook blows and the proof he wasnt liked at MSU was that his team mates wouldnt vote him captain. Who is the last pro prospect that wasnt voted captain on their college team, espescially a QB?

I remember an offensive lineman for MSU came out and said he wasn't team captain because that isn't necessarily how things are done at MSU. Personally, I'll take his word over anonymous "scouts" who barely know anything.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That wasn't your meter. Your meter was people thinking he was "garbage." Very few people anywhere were "positive" on the total unknown Dak, until he started playing with a star on his hat.

I think you need to go back and read some of the draft reaction then. Most of those posts are still there, unless you deleted them in a CZ-esque type move.

Garbage was a fairly accurate statement. The reaction was extremely negative.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Cook is garbage, at least compared to Dak. Maybe he can become a backup or very marginal starter, but this team would never have won 13 games with him last year.

I think Cook will become a NFL starter though he won't be as good as other young QBs such as Dak.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I know none of you will believe me when I say this but I was always positive toward Dak. I remember being ticked off when he was a third stringer and the Cowboys actively tried to keep him from being the backup to Romo. So I was on the hype train for Dak long before anyone else and that is something I will always be proud of.

I will say I didn't expect him to be this good and actually wanted the Cowboys to draft Cook instead but the Raiders got to him first. Luckily the Cowboys got the better QB and here we are today.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I know none of you will believe me when I say this but I was always positive toward Dak. I remember being ticked off when he was a third stringer and the Cowboys actively tried to keep him from being the backup to Romo. So I was on the hype train for Dak long before anyone else and that is something I will always be proud of.

I will say I didn't expect him to be this good and actually wanted the Cowboys to draft Cook instead but the Raiders got to him first. Luckily the Cowboys got the better QB and here we are today.

You'd be in the EXTREME minority then.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Most of those posts are still there, unless you deleted them
Nothing ever gets deleted here, and if you want to find some of that stuff and quote it please do go ahead. But don't ask me to prove your assertions, that's on you.

Good to see though you moved the goalposts back to their original position.
Garbage was a fairly accurate statement.
Except now you're making it out of context: Nobody said "garbage" wasn't what you said. That IS what you said.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
That's right, it was just dumb luck. Our Dallas braintrust wasn't high on Dak either.

Dak was a worst case scenario for them. If ALL of the other QB's they wanted were gone they could at least get Dak to eventually be a backup for Romo.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Dak was a worst case scenario for them. If ALL of the other QB's they wanted were gone they could at least get Dak to eventually be a backup for Romo.

Goes to show bad the front office and coaching staff of this team are.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
And this is why I think they're going to work really hard, to change him. To mold him into what THEY want him to be instead of letting him be what he is. They didn't want him, and the reasons they didn't want him will be coached out of him.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
And this is why I think they're going to work really hard, to change him. To mold him into what THEY want him to be instead of letting him be what he is. They didn't want him, and the reasons they didn't want him will be coached out of him.

If they try to change Dak, that will lead to Garrett getting fired. I doubt that will happen because by all accounts Dak did exactly was he was supposed to do last season and they had success.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
by all accounts Dak did exactly was he was supposed to do last season and they had success.
"Supposed to do" by what meter? You think Garrett won't be working hard to "improve" Dak, "help him see more of the field" and "make better throws?"

And NO, fuck no there was NO success. Roger Staubach defined the word "success" for the Dallas Cowboys, after his first Super Bowl win. He said THAT was a "successful season." Anything short of a SB win is NOT successful, is what he was saying. This isn't Philly or Cleveland. This is Dallas.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Nothing ever gets deleted here, and if you want to find some of that stuff and quote it please do go ahead. But don't ask me to prove your assertions, that's on you.

Good to see though you moved the goalposts back to their original position. Except now you're making it out of context: Nobody said "garbage" wasn't what you said. That IS what you said.

I went back and reviewed a lot of the draft thread, yeah the comments are bad.

I don't know how to quote posts from that thread and move them to here, if you want to tip me off on that I'll be glad to do the work.

The posts CMD and yours truly dbair made about Prescott in that thread are pure comedy right now though. But there's plenty of others.

What is funny is there are literally no Dooms comments on the Prescott pick. Not one.

Now about that deleting posts thing again.......

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I don't know how to quote posts from that thread and move them to here, if you want to tip me off on that I'll be glad to do the work.
Highlight them, click the resulting quote button. Highlight and copy that text. Then paste it into your replies to this thread. Alternatively, you can just link them. Copy the link to the posts by copying the link location of the post number. You could even, link the entire thread URL.
What is funny is there are literally no Dooms comments on the Prescott pick. Not one.

Now about that deleting posts thing again.......
It's never happened, be careful with accusations I do not take them kindly.

There were no comments from me about Prescott because I said everything I had to say about him, when I reported his DWI here.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It's never happened, be careful with accusations I do not take them kindly.

There were no comments from me about Prescott because I said everything I had to say about him, when I reported his DWI here.

LOL

MMMkay

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't care who our coach is, I don't want Dak Prescott at all.

The idea of Prescott makes me so sick that I lose all grammar skills.

Mods, please update and erase all posts that reflect poorly on me.

Unless they do something like draft Dak Prescott there, we probably arnt fucking up this pick.

and I'm out.

Seriously, fuck this team
- note, this is right after Prescott pick announced

We just drafted our future!
Dak Prescott your future is now, Romo has just Been placed on IR and you will be starting game one!

Sent from my two thumbs using Tapatalk
- visionary!

D.U.I. rhymes with Right Kind of Guy so there's that.

Quincy Prescott now in the house.

I want someone to photoshop Prescott's head on this:

cowquincy.jpg

1 great pick...two ok picks, one prayer pick and then the return of Q Bong

WRONG black quarterback

Yup, that's exactly who I see when I look at Dak.
- response to my Q Bong pic

After the lackadaisical approach in free agency and now this all-over-the-place approach in the draft why anyone believes that this Front Office has any clue is beyond me.

Prescott is trash. He's a slightly more athletic Stephen McGee and will prevent this team from looking for it's next QB the next 3 to 4 years. This team is seriously fucked for the next 4 or 5 years unless Romo somehow can stay upright until he's 40.

They claimed Elliott helps us win now, Romo's window closing, etc.

Then we draft a guy who wont play next year.

We draft a couple of back-up defensive linemen.

Now we draft a horrible back-up slash QB of the future.

Are we in win-now mode or rebuilding?

Are we a better team right now?

You know I agree with you on Prescott, but Elliott will be a great player and the Collins and Tapper picks are not bad.

You know I agree with you on Prescott, but Elliott will be a great player and the Collins and Tapper picks are not bad.

Not surprised at all, just not impressed
- regarding Prescott

I actually like Dak...

Signing Dak Prescott is akin to asking your mom for the newest pair of Air Jordans and she comes home with a pair of knock off Chuck Taylor's. Sure they are both basketball shoes. But you wouldn't want anyone to see you out in public wearing them.

I suppose Dak is technically an NFL QB, but you wouldn't want to have to roll him out on game day!

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If they try to change Dak, that will lead to Garrett getting fired. I doubt that will happen because by all accounts Dak did exactly was he was supposed to do last season and they had success.

But Garrett likes to fucking meddle no matter how well things are going, in fact that is when he does his most meddling, and then when things go to shit... Linehan has to come in and bail him out.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Happened with Romo.

Top Bottom