Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Let's not start pretending Romo is some victim here, and that he didn't have a hand in his own failures and demise.

Humpty Dumpty was no victim

But his career was wasted under Garrett! Just like Dak will be if Garrett sticks around

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
But his career was wasted under Jerry!
I fixed that for you.

It doesn't matter really, one fuck who was coaching the team while Romo quarterbacked. He was still going to be a bad risk taker, a china doll just like Parcells said, and just a yuk-yuk good ole boy, small college kid made good. That's really as far as - deep inside - he really wanted to take this whole football deal. Remember, search your brain now because this one is hard - Romo said Garrett is a great coach. You with me now?

Romo's career was "wasted," mostly by Romo himself. He wasn't a victim of Garrett, or really even a casualty of Jerry's. He did himself in, pretty much.

And hey look - he's done really well for himself and continues to do so. Now he will be getting paid millions to do what he really does best - smile, yuk-yuk and chat. So it's not ALL a waste.

How many quarterbacks can get paid 100 million, do absolutely nothing really, and then get paid millions by TV to sit in the booth and comment on games? There's no waste here. Every quarterback who ever started at least 5 years' worth of games, their career is "wasted" if they don't win a Lombardi? Or, just widdle Romo?

Stop it. His career wasn't "wasted."

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That's assuming Zeke remains out for 6 games. If he is only suspended 2 games then we will go 10-6

When have the Cowboys had consecutive winning seasons under Garrett? I'll wait.

Zeke being suspended for 6 games is a win-win for Garrett. If the Cowboys still manage to win without Zeke, this empty suit fraud wins COY again and is assured to have a new contract --- Jerry will not let him go into the final season of his contract and the distraction that would ensue.

If the Cowboys' falter... well now there is a built in excuse: no Zeke.

Garrett is fucking herpes --- you're stuck with him.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not as pessimistic, but there's way too many new faces on defense (not to mention missing faces due to suspensions), and to think they're all gonna gel nicely with sacks and INTs falling from the sky is foolish.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
We will beat Denver. Their offense is terrible.

I think they're in for a big fall this year. Their defense will start to erode and yeah, their O is lousy as it has been the last few years. If Lynch can't beat out Siemien, he's a bust.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I'm not as pessimistic, but there's way too many new faces on defense (not to mention missing faces due to suspensions), and to think they're all gonna gel nicely with sacks and INTs falling from the sky is foolish.

Not to mention the injuries.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I think they're in for a big fall this year. Their defense will start to erode and yeah, their O is lousy as it has been the last few years. If Lynch can't beat out Siemien, he's a bust.

I work with a die hard Broncos fan and I asked him is Siemien really beating out Lynch? And his response was no Siemien isn't beating anybody at anything, Lynch just sucks harder than he does.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
And most of all the Great Red Fraud.

But I do think Dak is that guy. He's going to save Garrett's and the Jones' asses the next few years. He's literally going to make Jerry hundreds of millions of dollars.

Because if this team had Connor Cook like it wanted, we'd be looking at a Bills or Jets type run for the foreseeable future.

I think Cook would have been good but not as good as Dak. Dak IMO is better than Romo, so I think the Cowboys will do better than in past years.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think Cook would have been good but not as good as Dak.

Thank god they dodged that bullet. A 55% passer at MSU and generally disliked by his team mates. When he played last year you could see why his completion percentage sucked.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Thank god they dodged that bullet. A 55% passer at MSU and generally disliked by his team mates. When he played last year you could see why his completion percentage sucked.

I never heard any real proof that he wasn't liked by his team mates. He also went up against the #1 defense in the NFL and was a third stringer the entire season. I'm not saying Cook is great, but acting like he is garbage is not right.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I never heard any real proof that he wasn't liked by his team mates. He also went up against the #1 defense in the NFL and was a third stringer the entire season. I'm not saying Cook is great, but acting like he is garbage is not right.

Cook blows and the proof he wasnt liked at MSU was that his team mates wouldnt vote him captain. Who is the last pro prospect that wasnt voted captain on their college team, espescially a QB?

Last edited:

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Cook is garbage, at least compared to Dak. Maybe he can become a backup or very marginal starter, but this team would never have won 13 games with him last year.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Cook is garbage, at least compared to Dak. Maybe he can become a backup or very marginal starter, but this team would never have won 13 games with him last year.

While probably true, you should remember that the vast majority of forum experts though Dak was garbage and would never amount to much of a player himself.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
While probably true, you should remember that the vast majority of forum experts though Dak was garbage and would never amount to much of a player himself.
I don't remember seeing any of that.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't remember seeing any of that.

You seem to have selective memory over and over then, what a shock.

And I wasn't just speaking of THIS forum, it was pretty much across the board with any Cowboys forum.

As far as here, the only person I remember being even remotely positive on Prescott here was ZeroClub. You were not positive on him and neither was I.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
And I wasn't just speaking of THIS forum
THIS forum is the ONLY place on the web with "experts." LOL

You were not positive on him and neither was I.
That wasn't your meter. Your meter was people thinking he was "garbage." Very few people anywhere were "positive" on the total unknown Dak, until he started playing with a star on his hat.

Top Bottom