Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
41373a22b86cabe81d3c7e6ed96510fb.png

We also have the highest regular season winning percentage of any team in NFL history at .573 (ranked #1) we are ranked #8th all time in the playoffs with a .575 and there is only one single team with 1 more Super Bowl win than us. ranked #2 in Super Bowl wins!

I know we love to bash on the team because of the last 20 years. But historically we are a damn good team.

I know this shit ain't new news but I saw the meme and it reminded me of how good we have been over the years!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I know we love to bash on the team because of the last 20 years.
Since when did stating FACTS about the mediocre last 22 years, equate to "bashing?" That would be like me saying your posting of mostly irrelevant historical material equals cheerleading and blind Homerism.

Oh wait, it does.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
In other news, Dan Quinn did in two years what Red's been trying to do for seven.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I wonder if part of the newfound popularity of the team the last couple of years is because the 20-somethings never saw this franchise when it was really good, and thus the bar is much lower for them.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't know if the fan base has grown as much as it is the older fans just having something to cheer for again

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
the older fans just having something to cheer for again
Like, what? Yo-Yo win/loss seasons? Consistent .500 ball since 1997? One and done playoff seasons, few and far between?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Oh wait - we should cheer mindlessly, the same way Ginger claps after pick sixes, fumbles, sacks and missed field goals?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Actual winning seasons Dooms

Yes they have been few and far between in recent history

But they finally exist again. 2 of the last 3 seasons have been winning seasons. With the 4-12 season being the injury to Romo season.

Am I saying that the team/organization has turned things around?

Fuck no!

But after the Groundhog Day 8-8 season rutt we were stuck in for so many years we finally have something positive going on with the team. Plus we have two young stars to build around "if" Zeke doesn't shoot himself in the foot and fuck his career up with a bad decision

Things are better than they were and the team looks promising for the future with the young talent that we have.

Yes we still have Carrot Top as HC and he will always be our handicap to overcome

But....
At least the team seems to be pointed in the right direction and that is the first time that could be said for many years

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
But after the Groundhog Day 8-8 season rutt we were stuck in for so many years we finally have something positive going on with the team.
It only looks that way viewing it through the distortion of a couple of fluke seasons that any other of the 20 or so mediocre teams in this league, can have in any given season.
Things are better than they were and the team looks promising for the future with the young talent that we have.
We've done nothing but rise among the mediocre teams, to the upper echelon of mediocre.
At least the team seems to be pointed in the right direction
Yes, in the direction of further mediocrity.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It only looks that way viewing it through the distortion of a couple of fluke seasons that any other of the 20 or so mediocre teams in this league, can have in any given season.
We've done nothing but rise among the mediocre teams, to the upper echelon of mediocre.
Yes, in the direction of further mediocrity.

Riiiiiiiiiiiight

That's why Vegas has the Cowboys at 10-1 odds at making the Super Bowl. The only team they have with better odds at making the Super Bowl are the Patriots

Mediocrity at its finest right there

There sure are a lot of ppl picking the Cowboys to make the Super Bowl considering how mediocre they are

And don't get me wrong. I'm not saying we make the Super Bowl. We will screw the pooch in the championship game. Plus "if" we somehow made it to the SB vs the Pats we would get out coached and loose. Badly

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I hate this argument because this is 500 team since the last SB with two playoff wins in twenty years. To me that is suckage. Going back to the 60s and 70s to support the argument is even worse. Different era, different coach and particularly different owners. It is a whole lot of cherry picking. Like the numb skulls at the zone who cherry pick that Jerry is good a good owner/ executive because he has three Lombardi's. No, Bob Ackles fleecing Mike Lynn led to three Lombardis.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
We will screw the pooch in the championship game.
It's delusional to believe we'll be in the NFC Championship game.
That's why Vegas has the Cowboys at 10-1 odds at making the Super Bowl.
Sucker bet. Vegas is known for them.
There sure are a lot of ppl picking the Cowboys to make the Super Bowl considering how mediocre they are
Can't help people are stupid.

You have what amounts to a rookie secondary, and still no pass rush. Ginger is gonna ruin Dak, filling his head full of shit. We're not sneaking up on anyone this year like we did last. 8-8 is what you're looking at. Because that's what we are and have been.

Until we put two seasons in a row together with at least 12 win seasons, I'm sticking with what we've learned in the Garrett era.

You seem to think mediocrity is unusual in this league, when in reality it's quite common. There's only 3 or 4 elite teams, 20 or so mediocre ones, and 8 or so annually bad ones. We're one of the mediocre ones, although I will at least admit we're near the top of the mediocre ones instead of right in the middle.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It's delusional to believe we'll be in the NFC Championship game.
Sucker bet. Vegas is known for them.
Can't help people are stupid.

You have what amounts to a rookie secondary, and still no pass rush. Ginger is gonna ruin Dak, filling his head full of shit. We're not sneaking up on anyone this year like we did last. 8-8 is what you're looking at. Because that's what we are and have been.

Until we put two seasons in a row together with at least 12 win seasons, I'm sticking with what we've learned in the Garrett era.

You seem to think mediocrity is unusual in this league, when in reality it's quite common. There's only 3 or 4 elite teams, 20 or so mediocre ones, and 8 or so annually bad ones. We're one of the mediocre ones, although I will at least admit we're near the top of the mediocre ones instead of right in the middle.

Prophetic!

DDdave

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The days of Tom Landry with his legendary Cowboy Innovation and Excellence as well as Jimmy Johnson's short lived masterpiece are long, long, long gone. What I have watched Jerry Jones do in the last 22 years and Wade Phillips/Jason Garrett do in the last 12 years is a disgrace to the Star on the helmet. I live for the day that I hear Jason Garrett's ass is fired and Jerry Jones has replaced him with a REAL HC that will light a bonfire under and kick this teams fucking ass. My take on all this crap of the past and present. :)

DDdave

Practice Squad
Reaction score
And one more thing when it comes to Tom Landry and all the NFL innovations he came up with on Offense and Defense. I don't think JG could come up with a single innovation for a class of pre-K students let alone an NFL team. The fact that he has the title of Dallas Cowboy HC just like Landry literally disgusts me at this point. Now let me tell you how I really feel. :)

Top Bottom