dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Mike Garafolo
✔ @MikeGarafolo
La'el Collins finally gets paid. He and Cowboys have agreed on a two-year, $15.4m extension thru 2019, source informed of the deal says.

Mike Garafolo
✔ ‎@MikeGarafolo

Collins would've been an RFA after this year. Cowboys bought that year and one year after for $7.7m average (second highest among RTs).

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
hopefully his pass blocking improves. he was destroyed in the first Giants game last year

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not sold on him like most are. Especially at T. Free wasn't exactly Big E out there and they never played him there even though Leary was a darn good player.

But, that's not a ton of money, either. So that's fine.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I wonder if you total up those two years with his first two seasons (rookie minimum) if it averages out to be about what he would have gotten if he had been a 1st rd pick drafted between 10-20

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I wonder if you total up those two years with his first two seasons (rookie minimum) if it averages out to be about what he would have gotten if he had been a 1st rd pick drafted between 10-20
That's what they calculated on NFL Network today, concluding this puts him "just slightly under" what he would have gotten.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
This is a really smart thing for them to do. That's a reasonable price for a starting RT and it gives them 2 more years to evaluate him to see if he's worth a big payday. His big payday will also come when he's right in his prime.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I like the move, and I hate almost everything the FO does. I doubt you see him on skates like his predecessor used to spend most of the game. Quality OL play is a must and he'll be no worse that Free, and hopefully much better.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Quality OL play is a must and he'll be no worse that Free, and hopefully much better.
Of all the players we lost, Free is the one I am most happy about. Annual team leader in drive killing penalties.

Top Bottom