theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
As the focal point of the most ambitious, exhaustive and editorially successful project in ESPN history— the Oscar-winning documentary O.J.: Made In America—O.J. Simpson will be forever linked with ESPN. That documentary, along with the FX miniseries on the Simpson case, The People v. O.J. Simpson, offered clear data that the appetite for Simpson material remains high, even with the disgraced and incarcerated NFL Hall of Famer out of public view for many years.

Within that framework, ESPN’s Outside the Lines will air a 90-minute special on Thursday (ESPN, 1 p.m. ET) featuring live coverage of Simpson’s parole hearing in Carson City, Nevada.

Jeremy Schaap will anchor the coverage from ESPN’s headquarters in Bristol, Conn., (Bob Ley is on vacation) and will be joined in-studio by OTL and ABC legal analyst Ryan Smith and The Undefeated.com’s Jason Reid. Mark Schwarz will report from Nevada’s Lovelock Correctional Center, where Simpson is serving a 33-year sentence for armed robbery and kidnapping. Shelley Smith will be in Carson City, where the Nevada Board of Parole will convene in to consider the case of Inmate #1027820.

O.J. Simpson parole board hearing to air live on ESPN | SI.com

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Call me a die hard skeptic (call me worse if you want), but I'll bet you a buck that the old Juice is going to chalk up past mis doings to "all the concussions" he got during his playing days. He is also going to say he is too old and feeble to be a danger to the public (maybe since Ron and Nicole are already dead). Let him rot.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Call me a die hard skeptic (call me worse if you want), but I'll bet you a buck that the old Juice is going to chalk up past mis doings to "all the concussions" he got during his playing days. .

Of course he will. He'll want to be involved in whatever payday he can extract from the league for it.

Oh and ESPN covering a "parole hearing" FUCKING PATHETIC.

I wish ESPN would go under and stop airing altogether. I hate them with a fucking passion.

Top Bottom