theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jul 5: On this day in 1969, former Cowboy Don Meredith (QB: 1960-68, ROH: 1976) announced his retirement. After a particularly tough tackle caused what appeared to be blood to soak into his white jersey, Meredith told NYG MLB Sam Huff, "Now you’ve done it, Sam. You’ve killed me". What actually happened on the play?

17342570_10154192427006879_1262634190684214801_n.jpg

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
19756559_10154495540656879_8445773564356269605_n.jpg
Trivia: Don Meredith and Roger Staubach never played together. But Meredith once told Craig Morton that Staubach was "gonna get his job". What moved Meredith to predict such a thing?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Meredith once told Craig Morton that Staubach was "gonna get his job". What moved Meredith to predict such a thing?
The '71 season, Morton's shoulder injury that made him change his throwing motion, resulting in elbow issues too?

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The '71 season, Morton's shoulder injury that made him change his throwing motion, resulting in elbow issues too?

Maybe Dandy was just being objective. If ever there was an athlete that was born to play a certain position on a certain team, it was Staubach. I consider Staubach and Namath to be the two players in NFL history that are most responsible for the popularity of the sport today.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Right but.... What's the trivia answer?

Meredith once pulled Morton aside to issue a warning. "I tried to make it a joke. But I said, 'Craig, I'm glad it's you and not me (competing against Staubach) because anybody who takes his vacation and comes to two-a-days has got to be a little weird. He's gonna get your job.'"

Every summer Staubach spend his 2 week leave with the Cowboys in their training camp.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Meredith once pulled Morton aside to issue a warning. "I tried to make it a joke. But I said, 'Craig, I'm glad it's you and not me (competing against Staubach) because anybody who takes his vacation and comes to two-a-days has got to be a little weird. He's gonna get your job.'"

Every summer Staubach spend his 2 week leave with the Cowboys in their training camp.
Ha. Never mind dandy Don, that Roger was getting PAID to go through two-a-days. Probably making more than his Lt. salary. Great trivia though.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
That's your humble servant's page. And I really appreciate the kind words!

Welp, ya done good because normally when you post an old photo or story, etc. and I see it in my feed it puts me in a better mood. Also I love the old school avatar. I have that on T shirt and it is one of my faves.

Top Bottom