theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So why can't Dez run more slants if it's so successful? First answer why Zeke gets pulled out of a game on third down or Beasley has to run fade routes. It's system theory first and then players. Linehan actually had the offense clicking on quick safe routes that were designed to protect Dak until the Vikings game where the media challenged Garrett and Linehan that there were minimal downfield plays. From there the nonsense from the 8-8 seasons crept back in and infested the Green Bay playoff game for the first three quarters.

But, but, but the red headed genius is gonna lead us to the promised land, I just know it. Seven years and counting with this ass clown, all he he needs is the big red nose.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
. In the last two times the conventional Coryell system has won the Super Bowl it was Warners Rams and Mannings Colts. Rams had speed and Colts had Edgerrin James.

It was Joseph Addai for the Colts. James had left for the Cardinals a year prior in free agency. But your point is still valid.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
But, but, but the red headed genius is gonna lead us to the promised land, I just know it. Seven years and counting with this ass clown, all he he needs is the big red nose.

Saw a huge thread at the zone yesterday where the idgits and other Red sniffers are still claiming it's a process, he's working his magic, it's just taking a long time because the team he took over -- the team that was 11-5 the year before -- was such a mess.

Yep, they're still claiming that. Seven years later.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Saw a huge thread at the zone yesterday where the idgits and other Red sniffers are still claiming it's a process, he's working his magic, it's just taking a long time because the team he took over -- the team that was 11-5 the year before -- was such a mess.

Yep, they're still claiming that. Seven years later.

My process is seven fucking years, two playoff appearances, one win (that should not have been), get the fuck out. His process is siphon money until your idiot boss figures out you are a fraud.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Maybe YOU need to watch the games with a more critical eye (and not your typical "Dez sux!!!!" eyes)
I went ahead and did that and you know what? I stand corrected - Dez isn't a dropper. He very seldom drops passes, even using my own definition of a drop.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Start as you mean to go on.

Dez Bryant arrives late to conditioning test, physicals | ProFootballTalk

In the real world if you're ill and can't make it to work you phone in and let them know (or get someone to do it for you if you're faking).
Translation of story: Threw a free barbecue for his hometown, got wasted thrashed and trashed from boozing it up too much, and had to spend the night due to passing out. Then in the morning the hangover was just hell, so he had to be late and begged off the conditioning part of the day.

Jerry: "He says he has a sinus infection, boy I've had my share of those..."

All is a-okay. Nothing to see here. Team LEADER and definitely the RKG.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Translation of story: Threw a free barbecue for his hometown, got wasted thrashed and trashed from boozing it up too much, and had to spend the night due to passing out. Then in the morning the hangover was just hell, so he had to be late and begged off the conditioning part of the day.

Typical Dez, has had the last 6 months to have this "party" and decides to have it a day before training camp, and of course it leads to un necessary drama. Guy is a drama queen and Jerry is his biggest enabler. As far as David Irving goes, dont know what his problem is but his year is off to a rocky start to say the least.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

Jerry has definitely had his fair share of what Dez was feeling this morning (a hangover). I'm really rethinking this 10-12 win season I was predicting. Talent alone will get them to 8-8 but heart and dedication is what they'll need to get to 10-12 win and right now they appear to be seriously lacking heart and dedication. Dak will have a great year and they are going to absolutely waste it. Meanwhile the idiot ginger will be clapping his way to 8-8.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Jerry has definitely had his fair share of what Dez was feeling this morning (a hangover). I'm really rethinking this 10-12 win season I was predicting. Talent alone will get them to 8-8 but heart and dedication is what they'll need to get to 10-12 win and right now they appear to be seriously lacking heart and dedication. Dak will have a great year and they are going to absolutely waste it. Meanwhile the idiot ginger will be clapping his way to 8-8.
You're beginning to understand this cancer which has kept this franchise out of the Super Bowl for the last 22 years and running.

Wait, understand that and put it into perspective - of all the team records we've seen shattered, the 22 years without a Lombardi is far and away the biggest, unprecedented shatter. It's never happened. In fact, 13 I believe, was the previous record.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

reminds me of the time I was with my dad the day after I had drunk my ass off and was puking out of the side of his car (at 16 years old no less) and I looked at him and said, "Damn, sinuses"

He looked at me with a grin on his face and said "sinuses, huh?"

never grounded me, I guess he figured being sick was punishment enough

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
but .. but .. Garrett has changed the culture :rolleyes

I'm not trying to defend Garrett but does anyone really believe jeri would let him change the culture? I don't, its right in jeri's wheelhouse to leave his coach spinning in the wind while knowing he doesn't have the balls to walk away from the title and paycheck of being the Cowboys HC

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
You're beginning to understand this cancer which has kept this franchise out of the Super Bowl for the last 22 years and running.

Wait, understand that and put it into perspective - of all the team records we've seen shattered, the 22 years without a Lombardi is far and away the biggest, unprecedented shatter. It's never happened. In fact, 13 I believe, was the previous record.

I remember when the Cowboys won the Super Bowl in 1992 and thinking that they had finally done it. I was 15 at the time so I was too young to remember the last time they were in the Super Bowl. It's crazy to think this drought has been almost twice as long as that drought was back then.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Garrett is already at it with this years T shirt which says "focus". Yep, that'll do the trick.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Garrett is already at it with this years T shirt which says "focus". Yep, that'll do the trick.
I heard originally it said "Concentrate" but it paralyzed him - he was just standing there, staring intently at it for hours.

Top Bottom