dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Not really though. If the other team has a huge lead, it will trade points for time to some degree. We've all seen the prevent a win defense.

They didn't go from stoning us to the prevent dude. Go back and watch the damn game.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He'll have far fewer rushing yards next season than last but much more receiving yards, I predict. They're not going to give it to him 300 times rushing, they want to keep this one.

Unless they ground him for a game or two at the end of the season (kinda like last year) he's gonna exceed the carries he got last year.

I do agree with your point on receptions though. I bet he becomes more utilized there and ends up with 50+ receptions.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Then we still have Dak who I believe will run more this season
He will run a LOT less. Running by a QB is highly discouraged, last season he didn't have much choice most of the time. That will be coached out of him for better or worse, this offseason.

The run will (should) come into play a lot more in the 4th quarter, using our bully line to mash out the clock at the end of games.
21-3 after Three GB drives dude.
Which wasn't a unusual situation for opponents of GB the last half of the season. Point still unassailed, WE HAD THE GAME IN THE FUCKING BAG UNTIL THE IDIOTIC SPIKE. Stop trying to defend Garrett.
Unless they ground him for a game or two at the end of the season (kinda like last year) he's gonna exceed the carries he got last year.
No Man.... First of all 300 carries by a RB isn't the Garrett way. Garrett still wants RBBC and as little of that as he can get away with. Secondly, they want to KEEP this kid, not ride him into the ground. He'll have fewer carries and a lot fewer yards this season. But lots more reception touches and yards.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't buy the fewer yards this season. Fewer carries sure. But I think he will have more yards.

I do agree that he will be used more in the passing game. I can easily see him breaking the single season all purpose yards record. I can see him becoming more Marshall Faulk like in the next two seasons.

That's "if" Carrot Top decides to use him correctly

Last edited:

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Our handicap will always be a glaring weakness and that is our HC. If anything is going to fuck us in the end it will be Carrot top

A combination of Carrot Top and Line(not anywhere near close to Shana)han. Luckily Dak and Zeke are both good enough to overcome that IMO.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I am soooo vary happy to be rid of the legion of boobs!

I said at the time of the draft, rookie contracts hidden function is to provide cheap labor. Awuzie, Lewis, Woods and White will likey be as effective as the stiffs they replaced at the quarter pole of the season for a fraction of the price. Despite the fact that they were playing behind a weak pass rush, I never could figure the love for the legion of boobs. Jerry paid for filet and got a spam sandwich.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Here is to hoping that last season wasn't a fluke

I'm letting myself get all amped up and excited for the season like I used to before all those 8-8 seasons sucked the life out of me

I've tempered my enthusiasm the last few seasons which thankfully payed off well in 2015 with our 4-12 season

Last season made me a believer again. I just hope that doesn't bite me in the ass again. With Carrot Top as HC we are always one bad decision away from fucking the entire season up

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Here is to hoping that last season wasn't a fluke
I don't really consider it a fluke, I just merely realize it stands alone and we shouldn't make very many assumptions on this year based on what we saw last year. We don't and can't know what chemistry we're gonna have, what a complete offseason of horrid coaching is gonna do to Dak, and we don't know the opponent DC's plans for Zeke and Dak after they've had all this time during the offseason to study tendencies..

We do know that no matter what, by hook or by crook, great players and not so great, great coaches such as Parcells and total losers like Garrett, we manage to average around 8-8 the last 22 years and there's nothing to indicate that's changing any time soon.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
For us to have success Dak and Zeke are going to have to be good enough to overcome Garrett's shitty coaching. And that is asking a lot! But....

I think they may be able to do it to some degree. Will it be enough to win us a super bowl? Highly unlikely

Maybe we will get lucky and Garrett will have some form of injury during our bye week that would keep him away from the field until AFTER we win the super bowl

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Speaking of coaching I just realized something that makes me sick

Garrett received Coach of the year and Jerry made it into the Hall of Fame in the same year

That is a sad state of affairs

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
For us to have success Dak and Zeke are going to have to be good enough to overcome Garrett's shitty coaching. And that is asking a lot! But....

I think they may be able to do it to some degree. Will it be enough to win us a super bowl? Highly unlikely

I think they are great enough to overcome bad coaching. They both lifted a 4-12 team out of the gutter, into the 1 seed, and if not for Rodgers going Pat Mahomes on our defense a playoff win. Winning a SB might be tricky, but I do think the Cowboys can get there.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
They both lifted a 4-12 team out of the gutter, into the 1 seed, and if not for Rodgers going Pat Mahomes on our defense a playoff win.
No..... NO! He never should have had that chance. Correctly, it goes: "If not for Garrett calling that stupid fucking spike instead of running a play..."

Which proves that no matter how good they are, Garrett can still piss a whole season away with one idiotic decision. So NO, they are not good enough to overcome Garrett. It's a proven fact already. From the stupid spike to keeping Zeke on the sidelines in a critical juncture, Garrett defeats Dak and Zeke.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yep

It still pusses me off that they sat Zeke in the last game and a half to rest him for the playoffs

That was his one and only shot at breaking that rookie record. I doubt any RB will be in a better situation behind an O-Line like ours for many many years to come

But at least he has a couple more years behind the core of this o-line before the band breaks up for good and moves on for more money. So he still stands a great chance at breaking the single season record at least for two or three years.

Then barely use him in said playoff game. I could understand sitting Zeke, if the Cowboys were playing in the playoffs that following week, but they had a bye. Made no sense.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This offense is going to give defensive coordinators fits this season. Who do you double? Dez? Written? Beasley? Switzer? And if you do throw double coverage on one of them then you leave room for Zeke to break one loose. Pick your poison...

Don't worry, Garrett will help the opposing DCs out. As for picking your poison, Garrett is their antidote.

Our handicap will always be a glaring weakness and that is our HC. If anything is going to fuck us in the end it will be Carrot top

And that train will NEVER be late.

Last edited:

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
A combination of Carrot Top and Line(not anywhere near close to Shana)han. Luckily Dak and Zeke are both good enough to overcome that IMO.

I do not know or understand as to what you have against Linehan, but he's a damn good OC. Bad enough he has to run Garrett's fucked-up and outdated system, but then he has to deal with Garrett's meddling, and when things go to shit as a result, then he has to come in behind and fix the shit and bail that red-headed fuck out.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
No..... NO! He never should have had that chance. Correctly, it goes: "If not for Garrett calling that stupid fucking spike instead of running a play..."

Which proves that no matter how good they are, Garrett can still piss a whole season away with one idiotic decision. So NO, they are not good enough to overcome Garrett. It's a proven fact already. From the stupid spike to keeping Zeke on the sidelines in a critical juncture, Garrett defeats Dak and Zeke.

I agree and disagree. I agree that Garrett made an awful call in spiking the ball. I disagree that it completely ruined the season. The defense had a chance to make a stop and take the game into OT and they didn't. Now it can be argued that we would have lost anyway just in an even more heartbreaking fashion, but we can't say for sure.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I do not know or understand as to what you have against Linehan, but he's a damn good OC. Bad enough he has to run Garrett's fucked-up and outdated system, but then he has to deal with Garrett's meddling, and when things go to shit as a result, then he has to come in behind and fix the shit and bail that red-headed fuck out.

Because I was under the impression that Linehan called plays and Garrett had his fingerprints on things in a more broad sense.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I agree and disagree. I agree that Garrett made an awful call in spiking the ball. I disagree that it completely ruined the season. The defense had a chance to make a stop and take the game into OT and they didn't.
Umm, if we waste all the time there and score a TD the game is over. Garrett, in giving GB what was essentially a free time out, pissed the season away. There's no debate. He shouldn't have given GB that one last shot with the ball, he certainly didn't have to.
Because I was under the impression that Linehan called plays and Garrett had his fingerprints on things in a more broad sense.
The same way Norv Turner called the plays? But, he consulted with Jimmy constantly during games via the comm system. The HC directs the OC and typically not just in a broad sense.

Top Bottom