LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Further indictment against Garrett.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Further indictment against Garrett.
Exactly. Like I was saying in the Green Bay playoff thread, we have four All-Pro type players on offense and we can't score more than 13 points through three quarters against a very mediocre Packers defense?

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
It's Linehan and Garrett's inability to adjust their O. The Packers tried things on D that confused the hell out of our coaches and players on offense. Took them till the 2nd half to adjust.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Exactly. Like I was saying in the Green Bay playoff thread, we have four All-Pro type players on offense and we can't score more than 13 points through three quarters against a very mediocre Packers defense?

31 pts is still 31 pts TE

It wasn't like they were stoning our offense those first 3 quarters anyway. We got hosed on an atrocious officials call that probably cost us at least another FG (if not a TD) and then we also had the drive where their guy made a great read of that Dak quick screen type throw to the WR and he picked it off.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
It's Linehan and Garrett's inability to adjust their O. The Packers tried things on D that confused the hell out of our coaches and players on offense. Took them till the 2nd half to adjust.

I don't know who is worse Garrett or Linehan. Both are inept, like for example: BEING CONFUSED BY FREAKING DOM CAPERS

Seriously, that defense got ate up a number of times by non-playoff teams (Titans and Redskins best example) and got obliterated by Shanahan. But it took a crazy comeback by the Cowboys to even make it a game.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
No DEZ?

The problem is Linehan has designed the offense to not throw to Dez for some reason. I don't know if he/Garrett think Dak can't make those throws or if they want Dez's whole existence to be existential and not as an actual recieving threat. Either way it is dumb.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The problem is Linehan has designed the offense to not throw to Dez for some reason. I don't know if he/Garrett think Dak can't make those throws
I think what you're perceiving there is simply Dak being smarter with the ball than we've seen in Dallas, since Troy left. He's simply not making the stupid throws, just to make sure Dez gets more targets. If it ain't there, he goes to the next in order. Annnnnnnd:
The problems with him are a) injuries and b) he is easily taken out of his game. Big physical corners always give him problems.
DING!

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I think what you're perceiving there is simply Dak being smarter with the ball than we've seen in Dallas, since Troy left. He's simply not making the stupid throws, just to make sure Dez gets more targets. If it ain't there, he goes to the next in order.

That's kinda true, but I don't buy that Dez isn't ever open like the play calling suggests. What is odd is that Dak will throw it deep to Terrence Williams who shouldn't even be a number 2 receiver in arena football. Dez seems underappreciated by the coaches to me, but apparently that is just me.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It wasn't like they were stoning our offense those first 3 quarters anyway. We got hosed on an atrocious officials call that probably cost us at least another FG (if not a TD) and then we also had the drive where their guy made a great read of that Dak quick screen type throw to the WR and he picked it off.

Wait, so one drive the refs screwed us (that is so dbair) and one we gave the ball away on a stupid turnover.

How is that an argument that our offense was really doing okay?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I don't buy that Dez isn't ever open
Nobody ever said this. But the deal is when he is doubled or when the enemy secondary is rotating to him, he's not the first read whether he is open anyway or not.

Top Bottom