Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What the ever loving fuck? LOL

RIGHT KIND OF GUYS BABY!

It's clear that our RKG culture breeds idiots

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Apparently when you sign your contract to play defense on the Cowboys you instantly loose IQ points and your better judgement

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Another head up their ass signing by the FO. Eagles FO still probably laughing their ass off over this. This guy couldnt play dead last year.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
After the draft they had he likely wasn't going to make the team anyways. Or shouldn't make the team based on who they drafted. Even if he was borderline going to make the team this should make their decision easier.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Probably gone.

Might have done Scandrick a huge favor, as he almost assuredly wont be traded now.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He is apparently subject to a two game suspension if convicted

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I'd really rather see the young guys play anyways. His dumbass really did the Cowboys a favor.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
New Dallas Cowboys Cornerback Nolan Carroll Arrested for Suspicion of DWI
When you absolutely, positively, simply cannot let go of the Legion of Boobs, sign a replacement boob!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I didn't want to start a thread for this little tidbit of news so I'll leave it here since this is the hot topic at the moment

Mark Sanchez was injured in practice today

I just saw it in the NFL Network ticker so I don't know the details. He probably broke his nose on the centers ass

It looks like we finally got rid of one dumbass just in time

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
After the draft they had he likely wasn't going to make the team anyways. Or shouldn't make the team based on who they drafted. Even if he was borderline going to make the team this should make their decision easier.

They signed him as a starter, at least a 1-year stopgap starter. It would cost another $3M to cut him this year, whereas they save cap room by cutting him next year. This is the FO trying to be clever (and cheap).

Awuzie is going to be good but he's not ready to be a #1 CB this year. We have a bunch of 2nd or 3rd tier guys at CB.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
They signed him as a starter, at least a 1-year stopgap starter. It would cost another $3M to cut him this year, whereas they save cap room by cutting him next year. This is the FO trying to be clever (and cheap).

Awuzie is going to be good but he's not ready to be a #1 CB this year. We have a bunch of 2nd or 3rd tier guys at CB.

Scandrick and Brown will likely be the opening day starters. Then when the offense goes 3-wide Scandrick will slide to the slot and Awuzie will replace Scandrick on the outside.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Scandrick and Brown will likely be the opening day starters. Then when the offense goes 3-wide Scandrick will slide to the slot and Awuzie will replace Scandrick on the outside.

Carroll, Brown, and Scandrick opened up camp as the nickel package, which I think was the plan. I think Brown is extremely overrated and Scandrick, Carroll, Awuzie, and Lewis are all #3 guys (slot/nickel), with Awuzie having the potential to be a #2 guy. Not a single CB on this roster can match up with elite NFL WRs.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Carroll, Brown, and Scandrick opened up camp as the nickel package, which I think was the plan. I think Brown is extremely overrated and Scandrick, Carroll, Awuzie, and Lewis are all #3 guys (slot/nickel), with Awuzie having the potential to be a #2 guy. Not a single CB on this roster can match up with elite NFL WRs.

Carroll will like be suspended (if he even makes the team) to start the season so it doesn't really matter where he opened up camp at.

Their success will all depend on the pass rush. If there's no pass rush we could have Deion Sanders back there and he'd suck. If they can develop a dominant pass rush all these guys will be fine.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Their success will all depend on the pass rush. If there's no pass rush we could have Deion Sanders back there and he'd suck. If they can develop a dominant pass rush all these guys will be fine.
You still believe this, after myself and CMD so effectively shot this nonsensical theory down... You have this silly belief that if only we can rush the passer a lot, the opponent won't be able to complete any passes. Please show us where this has happened in the NFL, ever.

You MUST have a strong secondary in order to HAVE a good pass rush. Ever heard of "coverage sacks?" It doesn't make a fuck how good your frontend is, if your secondary sucks you WILL get shredded in the passing game, especially late in games when it counts. Newsflash - most NFL teams get the ball OUT well before the DL can get to the QB. When your secondary is good and knows how to cover people, opponents cannot get that ball out as quick, and this is where the pressure gets applied. This isn't the fucking 80s anymore.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
You still believe this, after myself and CMD so effectively shot this nonsensical theory down... You have this silly belief that if only we can rush the passer a lot, the opponent won't be able to complete any passes. Please show us where this has happened in the NFL, ever.

You MUST have a strong secondary in order to HAVE a good pass rush. Ever heard of "coverage sacks?" It doesn't make a fuck how good your frontend is, if your secondary sucks you WILL get shredded in the passing game, especially late in games when it counts. Newsflash - most NFL teams get the ball OUT well before the DL can get to the QB. When your secondary is good and knows how to cover people, opponents cannot get that ball out as quick, and this is where the pressure gets applied. This isn't the fucking 80s anymore.

You failed to convince me. Now and before, so no you didn't shoot any theory down. I still believe that teams (offense and defense) should be built from the inside out. It doesn't matter how good your secondary is, if you have a shit for a pass rush your guys in the secondary will get shredded. If an NFL QB has all day to throw the ball with zero pressure he's going to pick you apart. I don't see why you have such a hard time seeing this.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
if you have a shit for a pass rush your guys in the secondary will get shredded. If an NFL QB has all day to throw the ball with zero pressure he's going to pick you apart.
^^^On this part we agree. That's not the debate.
If they can develop a dominant pass rush all these guys will be fine.
^^^THIS is the nonsense. If they suck they will NOT be "fine" they will be shredded. The best front 7 still cannot prevent the QB from throwing 40 fucking passes. I don't see why you have such a hard time seeing this.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
^^^On this part we agree. That's not the debate.
^^^THIS is the nonsense. If they suck they will NOT be "fine" they will be shredded. The best front 7 still cannot prevent the QB from throwing 40 fucking passes. I don't see why you have such a hard time seeing this.

And the best secondary will still get shredded if they have a shitty pass rush. AGAIN if the QB is getting zero pressure and has all day to throw the ball it won't matter how good your secondary is a QB will still shred them. Obviously you still have to have competent players in the secondary but you don't need superstars across the board. We are mediocre DB's become stars all the time because of the front 7 getting a tremendous pass rush. And yes we've seen it recently, not in the 80's. Richard Sherman and Josh Norman are two prime examples. It's not rocket science dude, you're smart enough to figure this out.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
And the best secondary will still get shredded if they have a shitty pass rush.
That's why there's no such thing as "coverage sacks" right?

If the QB has nowhere to go with the ball, he is going to either have to run, or eat it. No matter how good your frontend is.
Richard Sherman and Josh Norman
They are not mediocre and you completely proved my point - Seattle has a pretty good pass rush, BECAUSE of that elite backend.

QBs are still going to get their passes off, regardless of the quality of the defensive front, if you have s shit secondary.

Top Bottom