theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys have perhaps the best offensive line in football. Three of the five linemen are perennial All-Pros and Pro Bowl selections. Who is the best among the bunch? Guard Zack Martin believes the choice is easy.

“We always joke, if God had to make a left tackle, he would make him like Tyron Smith,” Martin said on the HawkCast. “Just massive, long. He’s 320 [pounds], he’s got a six-pack. It’s just not fair. He’s super durable and he just erases that defensive end from other teams every game. When he gets his hands on you, it’s pretty much over. The best thing about Tyron is he works harder than anyone.”

Martin went even further with the superlatives. He called Smith an “absolute monster” of a player.

The Cowboys guard won’t have many who will disagree with his assertion. Smith’s a 6-foot-5 tackle who has been to four Pro Bowls and he’s been selected first-team All-Pro twice since the Cowboys drafted him No. 9 overall in the 2011 NFL Draft.

Smith possesses the attributes to be a dominant tackle and, like Martin says, he performs like one.

Zack Martin says Cowboys tackle Tyron Smith is an 'absolute monster'

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah, its a puff piece but honestly watching this O Line play is one of the main reasons I still have a fairly strong interest in the team. Sadly the dynamic duo of GM and HC will find more ways to squander more All Pro/HOF careers.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Yeah, its a puff piece but honestly watching this O Line play is one of the main reasons I still have a fairly strong interest in the team. Sadly the dynamic duo of GM and HC will find more ways to squander more All Pro/HOF careers.

As good as the O-line is, people do not give Dak and Zeke the credit they deserve. This was a team that was 4-12 WITH the O-line and had some of the worst coaching I've ever seen. Dak and Zeke show up 13-3. And if not for a combination of Jason Garrett being stupid and Aaron Rodgers a NFCCG appearance.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
As good as the O-line is, people do not give Dak and Zeke the credit they deserve.
A few things: First I think that particularly early on, I dont expect the O Line to be great with two new starters. Hope they jell quickly and stay healthy. Second I believe Elliott is a star, there is nothing he doesnt do well and is a threat to take it to the house on every touch. Taking nothing away from him go back and look at some of the high lights from last year and take note of some of the holes he had to run through, the O Line had a whole lot to do with his success. Third I am Dak fan and the one thing that could make him regress IMO is shoddy O Line play. It is critical that they come together quickly for his sake more than anything else. In the end though, Dak will judged on getting to the post season and winning there more than anything else.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Zack Martin, smart man

We have arguably the best LT, the best G and the best C in the league all on our roster.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Don't sleep on La'el Collins. He's a prick and playing next to Zack Martin on the right side is only going to bring it out more. They are going to bully some people.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Don't sleep on La'el Collins.

I dont think anybody is sleeping on La'el. He is bulldozer in the run game who can get to the second level, and I see them running to the right at will. I think his pass blocking particularly early in the year is something to closely watch. I am more confident about him in the long run at RT than Cooper at LG.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Don't sleep on La'el Collins. He's a prick and playing next to Zack Martin on the right side is only going to bring it out more. They are going to bully some people.
This o-line has the potential to be some nasty, malevolent maulers.

Top Bottom