MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I would get that thought process if this wasn't a good receiver draft. But with how deep the receiver class was, resigning him was a waste of cap which isn't something the Cowboys have much of.

Who would you have passed on and what WR would you have chosen instead?

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
KD Cannon or Dede Westbrook on the Cowboys would have been cool. I would have passed on Jourdan Lewis.

If they were going to pass on a defender that definitely would have been the pick to do it. Lewis though could surprise and actually battle for a starting position. He has the skill to do it and plays bigger than he is. If anything he gives them very good depth.

Would you have then passed on Switzer? Because I think Switzer could very likely end up being the best player they drafted this year. They are going to run the hell out of the ball and I'd expect Beasley to be the second best WR on the team followed by Witten then Switzer. Williams will catch the occasional pass but will be used a lot to block for Zeke and help him break some of those long runs down the sideline.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
If they were going to pass on a defender that definitely would have been the pick to do it. Lewis though could surprise and actually battle for a starting position. He has the skill to do it and plays bigger than he is. If anything he gives them very good depth.

Would you have then passed on Switzer? Because I think Switzer could very likely end up being the best player they drafted this year. They are going to run the hell out of the ball and I'd expect Beasley to be the second best WR on the team followed by Witten then Switzer. Williams will catch the occasional pass but will be used a lot to block for Zeke and help him break some of those long runs down the sideline.

I would not have passed on Switzer.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I would get that thought process if this wasn't a good receiver draft. But with how deep the receiver class was, resigning him was a waste of cap which isn't something the Cowboys have much of.

He signed an extremely cap friendly deal as fyi

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just saw a video of Switzer at practice and he looks pretty damn good

There is much more hype surrounding this kid than Taco

And with both Lucky and Cole out with injuries Switzer is getting all the first and second team reps

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Any word on Noah Brown? Would he be a viable replacement for Williams?

I read an article on Bleacher Report about him that was pretty favorable. He's a very similar player to Dez as far as size, build, and style of play. Plays very violent. Is a dominant blocker and has been showing that in practice so far. He's not a burner though. They compared him to Anquan Bolden. On one of the Cowboys podcasts they were saying that he will likely force the Cowboys to keep 6 WR's. He's going to get a lot of time in the preseason and might show enough that other teams will be interested in him. If they cut him he may not make it to the practice squad. He's not ready this year but I have a feeling he does make the team. Sounds like he will definitely make TWill expendable as early as next season.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I just saw a video of Switzer at practice and he looks pretty damn good

There is much more hype surrounding this kid than Taco

And with both Lucky and Cole out with injuries Switzer is getting all the first and second team reps

That will help his development for sure going into the season.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I read an article on Bleacher Report about him that was pretty favorable. He's a very similar player to Dez as far as size, build, and style of play. Plays very violent. Is a dominant blocker and has been showing that in practice so far. He's not a burner though. They compared him to Anquan Bolden. On one of the Cowboys podcasts they were saying that he will likely force the Cowboys to keep 6 WR's. He's going to get a lot of time in the preseason and might show enough that other teams will be interested in him. If they cut him he may not make it to the practice squad. He's not ready this year but I have a feeling he does make the team. Sounds like he will definitely make TWill expendable as early as next season.

Not a bad comparison by any means.

Top Bottom