dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Definitely seems like RKG

Cowboys Reportedly Doing Homework On LB Daryl Washington
Nate Bouda 2 mins ago Cowboys Leave a comment

Follow @nfltrade_rumors

Jason Cole of B/R is reporting that a Cowboys source has told him that they’re doing their homework on former Cardinals LB Daryl Washington.

Washington was reinstated to the NFL after sitting out three seasons. However, the Cardinals elected to cut him loose a few weeks ago and he’s now an unrestricted free agent.

Washington, 30, is a former second-round pick of the Cardinals back in 2010. Washington has been out of the league since May of 2014 when he was suspended indefinitely for violating the substance abuse policy.
Cowboys Reportedly Doing Homework On LB Daryl Washington | NFLTradeRumors.co

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
so i take it jaylon smith should be good to go?

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Just back from a 3 year suspension for substance abuse, he should fit right in.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
By Mike Fisher

FRISCO - Daryl Washington is just four years removed from a spectacular Pro Bowl season. But he’s also spent the last three years sidelined due to multiple violations of the NFL's substance-abuse policy.

Now, available after a whirlwind spring during which the Arizona Cardinals reinstated and then immediately released him, he desires another chance.

“And I’d love if that chance came with my hometown Dallas Cowboys,’’ Washington tells me.

Washington was suspended indefinitely on May 30, 2014, for multiple violations of the substance-abuse policy. He had an earlier violation of the same nature, and also pleaded guilty to aggravated assault in 2014 in a case involving his ex-girlfriend. He's seemingly gone through this process without further incident.

"i'd play anywhere," he says, "But I believe the Cowboys would be a perfect fit for me, if it can happen!"

Washington was a star n high school in DFW and at TCU. The linebacker says he is in the best shape of his life and ready to return to an All-Pro level.

The Cowboys personnel department is aware of Washington, 30, who has 394 combined tackles, 18 sacks, six interceptions and three forced fumbles in four NFL seasons. He was selected to the Pro Bowl in 2012 when he posted career-highs in tackles and sacks (nine). I'm told Dallas is not inclined to sign him right now ... and Washington - who tells me he's worked diligently to be "a better man" - certainly understands the obstacles he must overcome.

"I love the game, I love the Cowboys and I love the DFW community," Washington says. "I hope there is some way I get a chance to show that."

Reaction score
It's about time that the Lb position got some love even if it's laced with narcotics. I swear they were going to a 4-2-5 defense with the paucity Dallas has at Lb.

Here's the crib sheet.
Proven: lee

And then everyone else has issues from injuries (nzeocha, Jaylon) to lack of stature (most of the futures guys) or speed (Hitchens)or being just absolutely thunderously average: Damien Wilson.
The LBs squad looks like it's going to get the Will McClay treatment like the DL did last year. Just finding pulses with pads and helmets and send them in.

It would be great if there were some ingenious new defensive look that involved overstocked DL and DB units and one really good LB named Lee.
But then this team has a coach that thinks LBs are a kind of old British money, so I doubt we will see innovation. I just think they need some more speed at LBs or at least players with two working legs.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Well, McClain was gone from the game for a while and played well, so Washington is worth a look.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Washington is a better player than McClain ever was too.

Not saying I would sign him as I'm sure it would be our luck he'd have a great camp and preseason, make the roster at some other players expense and then promptly get suspended by week 3 of the season.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Washington is a better player than McClain ever was too.

Not saying I would sign him as I'm sure it would be our luck he'd have a great camp and preseason, make the roster at some other players expense and then promptly get suspended by week 3 of the season.

That sounds reasonable. With all of the defensive issues the Cowboys have had, it really is apparent that letting Hardy go was a bad idea. It also makes me wonder if the Cowboys made a run at Dware before he retired. If they didn't that was also a mistake.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Proven: lee

Yep and if Lee goes (always a distinct possibility) look out below. FO still clinging to the Jaylon Smith/ brace fantasy. Imagine if the 34th pick in the 2016 draft had been used on somebody who actually produced on the field instead of the Pro shop.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I think I'm a bit more optimistic about the team than you are though.
You might be. I still expect 8-8.
Personally, I thought the Cowboys were going to go through a period of awfulness instead of mediocrity. I was proven wrong last year.
Fluke seasons abound in our 20 year history of mediocrity. Wasn't even that long ago we were coming off a 12-4 season and were Soup Bow contenders, then enjoyed a 4-12 campaign. Hell, 2007 we were 13-3 then lookie what happened after.

C'mon now.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That sounds reasonable. With all of the defensive issues the Cowboys have had, it really is apparent that letting Hardy go was a bad idea. It also makes me wonder if the Cowboys made a run at Dware before he retired. If they didn't that was also a mistake.

Hardy was a fucking loser dude. other than 2 or 3 games (at best) he was a non factor.

He was a waste of roster space. had every motivation in the world to come here and kill it, and he flopped because he has a lousy fucking attitude.

Top Bottom