Dustdevil

Practice Squad
Reaction score
He may have dropped the appeal and will serve the entire 6 games, but I wonder if this is really "over"

Maybe a civil case vs Goodell and potentially the rumored owners who insisted to Goodell he be suspended is coming down the road soon.
My guess is he serves the six and the week he gets back they give him six more for the speeding incedent and the time he pulled that girl's shirt up just because he protested.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
My guess is he serves the six and the week he gets back they give him six more for the speeding incedent and the time he pulled that girl's shirt up just because he protested.

All of that was actually factored in to the 6 game suspension. At least that’s what was said when this whole process first started.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
All of that was actually factored in to the 6 game suspension. At least that’s what was said when this whole process first started.

They said this was strictly for the DV (fake news), and that the other stuff had no bearing on this.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
They said this was strictly for the DV (fake news), and that the other stuff had no bearing on this.

I haven’t been able to find it but I seem to remember that the NFL mentioned that the bar fight and St. Patrick’s Day incident were being factored in.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I haven’t been able to find it but I seem to remember that the NFL mentioned that the bar fight and St. Patrick’s Day incident were being factored in.

Bar fight not mentioned in the letter from the NFL

2frCmK6.jpg

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Wasn't the bar fight one of the "July Incidents?"

Dude is a fucking numbskull.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Here is a quote from Jerry Jones from an article I read

“I'm gonna come after you with everything I have," Jones reportedly said to Goodell on a conference call in August where he was advised of Elliott's suspension, via ESPN. "If you think Bob Kraft came after you hard [in DeflateGate], Bob Kraft is a p---y compared to what I'm going to do."

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
:lol That's pretty funny.

This kind of plays into my theory though that Jerry is still the same a-hole he was before. He's still the guy who defiantly asked John in Plano how he liked those three Superbowls.

He's just learned in the last several years to better sell his public image. In short, he's upped his PR game. But in truth he's still the same guy used to always getting his way.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
That was a GREAT article, very interesting.

Here's the link

I still cant envision the mechanism or process whereby someone behind the scenes can pull a doom switch that causes officials to go anti-cowboy but this article provides the smoking gun of motivation for owners, commissioner and staff to conspire against the Cowboys.

At this point my cowboys fandom is so without hope, I'm left with rooting to see Jeris arrogance finally bring him down in some gory, horrific event where his own words cause his demise

unfortunately thats a bigger long shot than another Cowboys Super Bowl win

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jameis Winston responds to latest accusations:
“A news organization has published a story about me regarding an alleged incident involving a female Uber driver from approximately two years ago. The story falsely accuses me of making inappropriate contact with this driver. I believe the driver was confused as to the number of passengers in the car and who was sitting next to her. The accusation is false, and given the nature of the allegation and increased awareness and consideration of these types of matters, I am addressing this false report immediately. At the time of the alleged incident, I denied the allegations to Uber, yet they still decided to suspend my account.
"I am supportive of the national movement to raise awareness and develop better responses to the concerns of parties who find themselves in these types of situations, but this accusation is false. While I am certain that I did not make any inappropriate contact, I don't want to engage in a battle with the driver and I regret if my demeanor or presence made her uncomfortable in any way."

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Still can't figure out why Goodell would assure Jerry that Zeke was in the clear and then double cross him like that. Maybe some incriminating 11th hour information came in, but I doubt it.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Still can't figure out why Goodell would assure Jerry that Zeke was in the clear and then double cross him like that.
Goodell and his spokesmouths all deny he assured Jerry of any such.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Still can't figure out why Goodell would assure Jerry that Zeke was in the clear and then double cross him like that. Maybe some incriminating 11th hour information came in, but I doubt it.

the article gives the impression he was influenced by other owners to come down on Zeke, so they appear to be better lobbyists in this regard.

That article is making the random, now deleted, twitter account seem more plausible:

TtNn7II.jpg

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Mara and Blank told their lapdog Goodell what to do, and he complied.

Top Bottom