dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Okay, but why are they okay with him? They're rich guys, they're not in the business of throwing away good money on people who aren't especially good at their jobs.

(Please don't say it's a conspiracy so Mara can rule the league or whatever.)

Also, again, these are all wildly successful men. I have a hard time believing they blindly follow other people without fully vetting everything.

It's certainly bizarre for sure.

I think any level headed person speaking in an unbiased way about Goodell's decisions in recent years (on a wide variety of things) would say he has been awful. The league is literally coming apart and you even had a NFLLPA guy recently say they didn't care about the future of the NFL in general (ie, he didn't care if the league failed). Ratings collapse is almost solely on Goodell over the way he has handled the protests. He also orchestrated all these lousy NFL in London games, the awful slate of Thursday night games that don't draw dick, the MNF collapse etc etc.

He's a flop, the worst commissioner in history of organized sports.

And now you can clearly tag him as a corrupt piece of shit that is letting special interest groups and political pandering influence decisions that hurt individual teams.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Of course they deny it

I wonder if it was Jones or someone allied with Jones who leaked the story with the contract details.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He can't train in the States? What a flake. Translation: I'm taking a mid-season vacation. I suggest Cabo.

Maybe he is planning on buying a hit on Goodell, and wants to be laying low out of US for alibi.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
9b3051729387e441c6df647c9fe18a11.jpg

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
BREAKING: Elliott has dropped all appeals, will serve entire six game suspension.

Saga officially over.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
0140e551ec512ab69d4de1a918f281c2.jpg

So much for I’m innocent and will fight this till the end to clear my name

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I give him two years before he pisses off a new girlfriend who in turns makes a false claim which will get him suspended from the game for good.

He’s too stupid to avoid this eventual outcome

I say ride his ass into the ground while we still can

40 carries a game, Fuck it!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I give him two years before he pisses off a new girlfriend who in turns makes a false claim which will get him suspended from the game for good.

I say sit him if we're out of contention by the time he returns. THEN ride that stupid rented mule into the ground next year. Using him when we're out if contention is about as useful as dry humping and much more risky. Last thing we need is a torn ACL or some shit.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I’m fine with that

Plus it will give us extra time to really find out who the back up should be

We will have to move one form either McMuffin or AM after this season so it will be a good way to find out which one is better to keep around

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Good. I didn't want this bullshit hanging over the 2018 season.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I was hoping he would serve his suspension, get about 4 games through his suspension, then win his appeal just to prove to everyone how Goodell railroaded him and fucked him over

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

Just in time for his contract to be up and the Cowboys can draft another RB. Until then run his ass into the ground.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I’m fine with that

Plus it will give us extra time to really find out who the back up should be

We will have to move one form either McMuffin or AM after this season so it will be a good way to find out which one is better to keep around

They should move on from both and draft another RB to be the primary backup unless Rod Smith shows something. Or they could go out and sign Peterson for fairly cheap.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I wonder what their record would be now had Zeke served the suspension in the first 6 games, the trajectory for this season would certainly be more optimistic looking but I'm not sure anything can overcome the loss of Lee, the defense is horrid without him

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So apparently it’s officially time to write off this season and start looking forward to next season.

Next year is our year guys! I can feel it. LOL

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
So apparently it’s officially time to write off this season and start looking forward to next season.

Next year is our year guys! I can feel it. LOL

It’s all part of the process.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He may have dropped the appeal and will serve the entire 6 games, but I wonder if this is really "over"

Maybe a civil case vs Goodell and potentially the rumored owners who insisted to Goodell he be suspended is coming down the road soon.

Top Bottom