spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
From Dan Werly on Twitter:

BREAKING: NFL files lawsuit in New York federal court to confirm arbitration in Ezekiel Elliott case

In another tweet he said this:

The NFL is arguing that the proper jurisdiction for the case is NY, not in Texas where Elliott's team filed the other lawsuit.

Last edited:

JPP1974

Ready for Summertime
Reaction score
Well Zeke can play week 1. But this is not far from over in the mind of Goodell as well as the NFL. But glad now that the team does not have to rely upon Dez and Dak to get it done. Zeke will help them out.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
From Dan Werly on Twitter:

BREAKING: NFL files lawsuit in New York federal court to confirm arbitration in Ezekiel Elliott case

In another tweet he said this:

The NFL is arguing that the proper jurisdiction for the case is NY, not in Texas where Elliott's team filed the other lawsuit.

Yeah this has already been addressed, the Texas judge is almost certainly going to say no

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Zach Martin, Travis Frederick and Tyron Smith will probably combine for 14 holding penalties Sunday Night.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Zach Martin, Travis Frederick and Tyron Smith will probably combine for 14 holding penalties Sunday Night.
In the contest to see who will replace Doug Free as the team's #1 drive killer.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
In the contest to see who will replace Doug Free as the team's #1 drive killer.

Yeah no shit huh

I was looking forward to saving the 2-3 false start penalties a game

I'm sure someone will pick up the slack

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
What sux is this may well end up being true, but he very well may be innocent and getting the royal screw job of all time in terms of NFL punishments.

I hope that doesn't happen, because it would be a crime for Zeke to be suspended for a crime that by most accounts he didn't commit.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
What sux is this may well end up being true, but he very well may be innocent and getting the royal screw job of all time in terms of NFL punishments.

its so strange the NFL has set up a system to mercilessly attack its own employees. Obviously the NFLPA never dreamed turning over discipline to the NFL would be punting any sense of fairness or due process out the window.

Its like the NFL "justice" system is 100% prosecutorial with no consideration for the ramifications on the player and NFL when they're wrong.

I feel like I'm watching a crime show where the prosecutor stills thinks the defendant is guilty and won't relent, even after another person has confessed and his DNA has been found at the crime scene.

Do they teach this mindset in law school or something?

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
its so strange the NFL has set up a system to mercilessly attack its own employees. Obviously the NFLPA never dreamed turning over discipline to the NFL would be punting any sense of fairness or due process out the window.

Its like the NFL "justice" system is 100% prosecutorial with no consideration for the ramifications on the player and NFL when they're wrong.

I feel like I'm watching a crime show where the prosecutor stills thinks the defendant is guilty and won't relent, even after another person has confessed and his DNA has been found at the crime scene.

Do they teach this mindset in law school or something?

The NFL is more concerned with their sponsors being upset. They could care less about the actual players, no matter how good they are. The last thing they want their sponsors to think is they are taking it easy on someone accused of DV.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The NFL is more concerned with their sponsors being upset. They could care less about the actual players, no matter how good they are. The last thing they want their sponsors to think is they are taking it easy on someone accused of DV.

I get that but railroading a player under the guise of being tough on domestic violence (which I wholeheartedly support) is about as constructive as sacrificing virgins to appease the gods. Figuratively, I guess that's what's going on here.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I get that but railroading a player under the guise of being tough on domestic violence (which I wholeheartedly support) is about as constructive as sacrificing virgins to appease the gods. Figuratively, I guess that's what's going on here.

That's Roger Goodell for you.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
This is what pops into my mind whenever somebody says "The NFLPA collectively bargained this". If people had known Goodell was going to pull garbage like this, the CBA would have been done differently.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The CBA is what is going to sink Zeke's chance at getting the suspension overturned

Regardless of any facts in this case, regardless of what may have or may not have happened, ultimately none of that shit matters because the league as a whole gave up their rights to a fair disciplinary hearing when they gave the Commish 100% control over the entire process

So did Zeke get railroaded? It sure seems like it. Does it matter? Not one single bit. According to the CBA the disciplinary proceedings were handled appropriately according to the agreed upon guidelines.

In the end that's what it will all come down to. When the NFLPA agreed to the new CBA they gave up every single players right to a fair and just trial

Top Bottom