dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I actually think Rod Smith might be the best RB out of DMC and Morris.

Eh, I don't.

He has some flexibility that the other two don't (plays on coverage teams, can play RB and FB and can also return kickoffs some in a pinch)

But I don't think he is a better pure RB than either of them.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Whitehead, cut due to a false crime report.

He was going to get cut anyway, because he was a lousy player with a history of fuckups. He wasn't just cut because of the false crime report.

Even you should be smart enough to know that.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
thats not what goodell, et al claim in the letter to Zeke, it claims the police didn't think she was lying

Yeah but the judge guy on their "panel" admits they knew the woman lied to police and knew that she tried to get others to lie on her behalf.

Then he had the gall to say that the accuser was a a credible "eyewitness" even though she had no other "eye witnesses" to corroborate her stories and was shown to be lying to the police and DA's office.

It's also interesting that not one of the people who the league interviewed on the accusers behalf was under oath or told that if they lied (as she did) that they'd be prosecuted.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Don't matter that she's crazy, that she got into a physical fight with her girlfriend, police said nothing happened, witnesses say nothing happened, etc. In today's environment, if a woman cries foul, it's a foul. As I remarked at DCC awhile back, this sets a really bad precedent. Anytime an NFL player breaks up with his girlfriend and she's upset about it, she can claim assault and battery to get him suspended. Is is a fact that the police recovered texts from the girl admitting that she was lying and trying to extort money. Crapola like this is why Goodell gets booed every time he announces a draft pick.

Yep, it actually sets up extortion schemes to be way more successful. A player is much more likely to pay huge dollars now to some bitch because the league has now set the precedent that it doesn't matter whether it actually happens or not, they might suspend a player and it will cost them huge $$$ in both salary and potential endorsements.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The more I hear and read about this saga, its starting to appear to me that Zeke did put his hands on this woman.

Here's the part of Goodells letter I was referring to:

CO4AW8i.jpg

For those who haven't read it, here's the letter:

dnWTLad.jpg

pKYElfX.jpg

eu2QUej.jpg

lJ5Sgqy.jpg

jzU6eHh.jpg

BQJmpfc.jpg

Of course, it all supports the leagues b/s case.

As someone else mentioned on national radio the other day, if the police and DA were so sold on Zeke beating the shit out of the girl, he would have at least been arrested and almost assuredly charged with something.

The league also pointed out that they claimed none of the witnesses Zeke used to local authorities would participate in the leagues investigation, but one of those people has since come out and apparently said he was never approached by the league to participate in any way.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
GTFOH. If that were true, why then did she text her friendin an attempt to have said friend lie for her?

And one of the girls own friends/witnesses testified that at least some (if not all) of the injuries she has spoken of came as the result of a bar fight with another girl, which she witnessed herself.

Another of this woman's friends was IN THE CAR at the time of one of her bogus reports, and says Zeke never touched her.

The league conveniently ignored both of those facts.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It didn't say. It was TMZ reporting so who knows. The photos look like she took them herself

She did, she admits it.

The league claimed they used some sort of cell phone data mining system to verify that Zeke was in town on the dates in question, so he must have caused the injuries.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
And one of the girls own friends/witnesses testified that at least some (if not all) of the injuries she has spoken of came as the result of a bar fight with another girl, which she witnessed herself.

Another of this woman's friends was IN THE CAR at the time of one of her bogus reports, and says Zeke never touched her.

The league conveniently ignored both of those facts.

You need to look up what Frank Clark with the Seahawks did. There were multiple witnesses that claim he punched his gf in the face until she was unconscious. Or Roger Lewis for the Giants that was accused of raping the same girl twice. Not to mention Joe Mixon. Will all of these guys get the same 6 game suspension that Zeke got?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You need to look up what Frank Clark with the Seahawks did. There were multiple witnesses that claim he punched his gf in the face until she was unconscious. Or Roger Lewis for the Giants that was accused of raping the same girl twice. Not to mention Joe Mixon. Will all of these guys get the same 6 game suspension that Zeke got?

Some guy from the Dolphins was just accused of DV in the past couple weeks. I bet we don't here one iota of an investigation there. I doubt he even gets the Josh brown 1 game suspension.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He was going to get cut anyway, because he was a lousy player with a history of fuckups. He wasn't just cut because of the false crime report.

Minus the false crime report, he would have been there until the final cutdown, and would again have made the 53 man roster given a key injury or two.

They kneejerk fucking cut him because of a false police report that they didn't bother waiting to see what panned out. And it's an embarrassment.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Minus the false crime report, he would have been there until the final cutdown, and would again have made the 53 man roster given a key injury or two.

Thank you for speculating, now move on.

See above.

They kneejerk fucking cut him because of a false police report that they didn't bother waiting to see what panned out. And it's an embarrassment.

Did it have a an impact on timing? probably, but if he would have been a good player or at least clean in terms of effort, making meetings and practices on time and some (allegedly) other stuff, he would not have been cut regardless of the situation. They arnt cutting Zeke. They arnt cutting David Irving. They apparently arnt cutting Damien Wilson. Why is that? It's because those guys are great players who do the stuff football related they are supposed to do.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
CLARENCE E. HILL JR.
AUGUST 14, 2017 9:13 AM
LINK

Among the quoted threats:

▪ After being told Elliott didn’t want her at his house on July 21 and he didn’t want her coming out with him, Thompson responded with: “Ok this is what you want? Ok then, I’m going to ruin your life. You will see. If I was you, I wouldn’t go out tonight.”

▪ After being told she couldn’t come Elliott’s 21st birthday party, Thompson told him “that’s worst decision you made in your life. I’m going to ruin you life now.”

▪ The report also details a text message in which Thompson told Elliott: “You better be smart. And not be a dumb man.”

▪ After not being allowed in the after party, she was heard yelling and screaming that “your career is over” and then proceeded to call the police.

▪ Elliott is also “100 percent certain” Thompson told him on July 22, “You are a black male athlete. I’m a white girl. They are not going to be believe you.”

Per the documents, Friel was unable to give an clear endorsement of Thompson’s credibility because she repeatedly misled investigators.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Did it have a an impact on timing? probably, but if he would have been a good player or at least clean in terms of effort, making meetings and practices on time and some (allegedly) other stuff, he would not have been cut regardless of the situation. They arnt cutting Zeke. They arnt cutting David Irving. They apparently arnt cutting Damien Wilson. Why is that? It's because those guys are great players who do the stuff football related they are supposed to do.
You're a master of the obvious, but you're also speculating.

The bottom line is, with the established pattern of them hanging on to worthless players year after year, it is VERY safe to assume Whitehead was going to be there until final cuts, barring injury (which has happened) to guys like Switzer and etc. And with the injuries, he then stays on the 53 man final roster. This is how these fucks operate.

They kneejerk fucking cut him because of a false police report that they didn't bother waiting to see what panned out. And it's an embarrassment. Just admit it and stop defending these idiots.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
▪ After being told Elliott didn’t want her at his house on July 21 and he didn’t want her coming out with him, Thompson responded with: “Ok this is what you want? Ok then, I’m going to ruin your life. You will see. If I was you, I wouldn’t go out tonight.”

▪ After being told she couldn’t come Elliott’s 21st birthday party, Thompson told him “that’s worst decision you made in your life. I’m going to ruin you life now.”

▪ After not being allowed in the after party, she was heard yelling and screaming that “your career is over” and then proceeded to call the police.
If that's true, what a whack job.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Mike Florio was on NFL Radio this morning. I hate Florio's rumor mongering website (as most know) but he had some fairly compelling points about Elliott's situation and how it might play out.

One of the points he raised which I was not aware of is at least initially, Josh Brown was going to get 6 games for his DV. It was then reduced to 1 game. He brings up a fair point that I am sure any legal expert will make on Zeke's behalf, which is asking what they league possibly could seen to reduce the "benchmark" duration for games missed for DV from 6 to 1 in Brown's case when he ADMITTED at to least 20 counts of DV against his wife. The league office had this info along with a multitude of police reports. In Zeke's case, there IS evidence that shows Zeke's accuser not only lied herself, but tried to coerce others into lying on her behalf. Yet the league ignored that info and gave Zeke the minimum "benchmark" suspension of 6 games.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You're a master of the obvious, but you're also speculating.

At least I am speculating based on examples which support my "speculation". Which is other guys have got into trouble and HAVE not been released.

The bottom line is, with the established pattern of them hanging on to worthless players year after year, it is VERY safe to assume Whitehead was going to be there until final cuts, barring injury (which has happened) to guys like Switzer and etc. And with the injuries, he then stays on the 53 man final roster. This is how these fucks operate.

They kneejerk fucking cut him because of a false police report that they didn't bother waiting to see what panned out. And it's an embarrassment. Just admit it and stop defending these idiots.

I am not defending anyone, I'm pointing out your argument is pure speculation on your behalf. Everybody with half a fucking brain knows the Cowboys cut Whitehead because he was a shitty player with a history of team related fuckups. He was not dedicated to the game or the team. When he then also had the legal situation pop up, they got rid of him. Every player on the team knows Whitehead wasn't being made an "example" out of, because they knew he sucked as a player.

Jimmy Johnson did the same with fringe players like Curvin Richards and John Roper. He didn't cut Michael Irvin or Leon Lett when he had chances to now did he? Why do you think that was?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I am not defending anyone, I'm pointing out your argument is pure speculation on your behalf. Everybody with half a fucking brain knows the Cowboys cut Whitehead because he was a shitty player with a history of team related fuckups. He was not dedicated to the game or the team. When he then also had the legal situation pop up, they got rid of him. Every player on the team knows Whitehead wasn't being made an "example" out of, because they knew he sucked as a player.
You don't know what every player on the team knows, and you don't know what he was dedicated to.
At least I am speculating based on examples which support my "speculation". Which is other guys have got into trouble and HAVE not been released.
Other "guys" who were spotty performers? Right, no. You're comparing Whitehead to superstars.

I am comparing Whitehead to other marginal, spotty players we KEPT over and over again, and Whitehead IS one of those and WOULD have stayed minus the false police report. Like I said, it is a SAFE assumption given this idiot coach and owner's history of hanging on to marginal, spotty players.

You're merely parroting Garrett, trying to sell the total lie that they cut him for any reason other than this "last straw" falsehood. Therefore, you're defending these idiots.

They cut the fuck because of a false police report they didn't bother vetting or letting play out for five minutes, and that's all it was.

Top Bottom