spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Well it looks like we are Back to running back by committee and 8-8 seasons

I would wait on both of those. Zeke's suspension may get reduced and Dak is better than Romo, so I see 9-7 or 10-6.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think Elliott has ever been arrested or ever even charged with a crime (college or pro) yet the league threatened him with permanent league banishment.

I just don't know how any right minded individual can look at all that has gone on with this bogus investigation and now the punishment and conclude the league isn't corrupt and biased.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Charles Robinson‏
Verified account
@CharlesRobinson
Follow

More
I'm told #Cowboys Zeke Elliott is willing to take this whole suspension appeal through courts if he has to. This could drag out a long time.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Theebs showing what a true douche he is at CZ today.

So glad that turd is gone for here.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
From Sportrac on twitter:

#Cowboys Ezekiel Elliott stands to lose $93k salary + a possible $240k in signing bonus/game suspended; $8.15M in guarantees will also void.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

He should also sue Goodell and all those individuals on that panel personally. Not pretending to be an attorney by any means, but with this suspension, are they not like committing slander/libel, and/or defamation of character by accusing him of DV, which he is not guilty of? And the fact that they didn't have any of the witnesses swear under oath, and yet suspended him anyway.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I just put all my season tickets up for sell. Why the fuck should I keep investing my money when our division rival can get his butt buddy to do anything he wants to us. It's not a coincidence we've opened against the Giants 5 times now..

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just put all my season tickets up for sell. Why the fuck should I keep investing my money when our division rival can get his butt buddy to do anything he wants to us. It's not a coincidence we've opened against the Giants 5 times now..

Meaning you won't get them again next year? Did you have to do the whole PSL thing?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
As I understand it so far it basically boils down to one thing. The victims statements.

The police looked at her texts where she is trying to get another person to lie for her to say she saw the DV along with other texts from the victim and were able to use that to discredit her and her statements

So essentially the police did not believe her version of events.

But the NFL did believe her version of events and threw out the texts where she was trying to get a friend to lie on her behalf.

So essentially the police did not believe her and the NFL did

It's that simple. Plus the burden of proof is apparently non existent when it comes to the NFL

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Here is Zeke's attorneys response

92fded041d32aba63aadb455e955825d.jpg

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I would wait on both of those. Zeke's suspension may get reduced and Dak is better than Romo, so I see 9-7 or 10-6.

There are a few problems with that theory

With Zeke out you loose the best RB, you also loose the best blocking back. Which means Dak will have more pressure

Then you loose Leary and Free in the offseason. Now we have two holes on our all star O-Line which we have yet to find a solution for. This equals more pressure on Dak

Then we loose almost all of our veteran DB's. Granted they were no big loss and we now have replaced them with younger and hopefully better players. But..... the new players are inexperienced which more often than not equates to more mistakes. I.E. - giving up TD's

Our D-Line is a fucking mess with all the suspensions. Yes we added Taco, but he hasn't done shit to prove he was worth the pick. Plus I doubt he gets 3 sacks this season. We have not improved our pass rush which means there will be more pressure put on our rookie DB's which usually correlates to more mistakes the longer they have to cover the WR.

Loosing Zeke is just another piece of the puzzle that will now be missing for up to 6 games. And we can't afford that.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Then you loose Leary and Free in the offseason. Now we have two holes on our all star O-Line which we have yet to find a solution for. This equals more pressure on Dak

You freaking kidding? Leary's loss could be problematic at best, but Free...? Do you really think that Collins is not capable of exceeding Free?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
L'ael will be better at some point. At least we won't have Free's obligatory 2-3 false starts per game to overcome

But I don't see this years o-line being as good as last seasons.

We've lost two starters and Tyron Smith is dealing with a back injury.

We will still be one of top o-lines hopefully. We just won't be as dominant as last season

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
There are a few problems with that theory

With Zeke out you loose the best RB, you also loose the best blocking back. Which means Dak will have more pressure

Then we loose almost all of our veteran DB's. Granted they were no big loss and we now have replaced them with younger and hopefully better players. But..... the new players are inexperienced which more often than not equates to more mistakes. I.E. - giving up TD's

Our D-Line is a fucking mess with all the suspensions. Yes we added Taco, but he hasn't done shit to prove he was worth the pick. Plus I doubt he gets 3 sacks this season. We have not improved our pass rush which means there will be more pressure put on our rookie DB's which usually correlates to more mistakes the longer they have to cover the WR.

Loosing Zeke is just another piece of the puzzle that will now be missing for up to 6 games. And we can't afford that.

There are a few problems with your theory:

Alfred Morris is actually good, so theoretically if Zeke ends up being suspended say 2 games we can survive.

The O-line means much less than everyone thinks it does. We'll be just fine with the line we have.

Our old DBs sucked so I doubt we'll be giving up more TD's than before.

Admittedly our D-line isn't good but I think the other factors I've mentioned will make up for it.

Top Bottom