JPP1974

Ready for Summertime
Reaction score
Well he can appeal on August 29th. To see if he can get the sentenced trimmed down. NFL wants to learn from the Josh Brown and Ray Rice situations indeed.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
fdd820226ee24fc81f733c8b1795c96d.jpg

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Drinking while posting again?

I knew you'd take my question wrong, I'm not challenging you or trying to give you a hard time, I guess I'm simply too slow to understand why you pointed that quote out in isolation when it was already in the full report posted previously upthread.

Seriously, what is the point you were trying to get across?

Help a brotha out!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I knew you'd take my question wrong, I'm not challenging you or trying to give you a hard time, I guess I'm simply too slow to understand why you pointed that quote out in isolation when it was already in the full report posted previously upthread.

Seriously, what is the point you were trying to get across?

Help a brotha out!

Sorry, didn't realize that was part of another story. Thought that was a different piece of news.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Not the first time this has been reported.

Elliott witnesses weren’t placed under*oath
Posted by Mike Florio on August 19, 2017, 4:35 PM EDT

As the Ezekiel Elliott case heads toward an appeal hearing with unclear parameters or procedures, one specific procedure regarding the pre-disciplinary process is becoming more clear: Witnesses weren’t placed under oath.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the league didn’t administer the oath to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth under penalty of perjury to Elliott at the June 26 hearing. This likely means that Tiffany Thompson wasn’t placed under oath, either, when she was questioned. (The NFL has not responded to a Friday email asking whether Thompson was interviewed under oath.)

The oath gets violated all the time, but that doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be administered. For some, the gravity and potential consequences of lying while under oath makes a difference while telling a story — especially when it comes to spotting stress when someone is telling a story that isn’t true. For many, it’s hard enough to lie without lying under oath; it becomes even harder when the oath comes into play.

Of course, the impact of the oath on the perceived credibility of a witness has less meaning when the person making the decision doesn’t personally scrutinize the witness while testifying. But for the same reason Commissioner Roger Goodell should have been present to see and hear what Elliott and Thompson had to say, the NFL should have put all witnesses under oath as part of the process of gathering facts.

These deficiencies suggest that arbitrator Harold Henderson should: (1) hear testimony from all key witnesses; and (2) ensure that those witnesses are under oath in resolving Elliott’s appeal. If the league intends through its in-house justice system to apply the label of domestic abuser to one of its players, how can protections like these not be implemented?

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
That's first rate investigating by the NFL. They have no ability to place anyone under oath, so they were like no you can't be arrested for lying to us, so tell me your story. what kind of fucking Banana Republic double jeopardy bullshit is this?

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So if harry and the hendersons is barring the accusers interviews and keeping her from appearing in person then there is nothing to charge Zeke with. So essentially there is no statement from her that will be allowed to be heard

Case should be closed

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Florio saying the info released today is 100% further proof of NFL Kangaroo Court.

Essentially the league just flipped the bird to Zeke and his people and are essentially admitting the 6 game suspension is going to be upheld no matter what.

Really hope him and his people and Jones take Goodell and the league to court and fry their asses for this. Absolutely no question this is the most preposterous thing that's ever happened since I started watching the NFL back in 1975.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I have now reached the point where I don't care if he roughed the little bitch up. sorry.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
He is going to miss games. Only question is when and how many. Brady was able to put it off for a year when he got a temporary injunction. Ultimately legal scholars said Brady would lose a final decision so he took the suspension at the most convenient time. Bottom line is, this case was lost when the NFLPA worried way more about their revenue cut than about some of the ancillary issues like discipline. Never should have left Goodell in a position where he felt he needed to show the owners and sponsors, etc, that he was worth the cool 44 million a year he makes.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Never should have left Goodell in a position where he felt he needed to show the owners and sponsors, etc, that he was worth the cool 44 million a year he makes.
When is he scheduled to start doing this?

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
When is he scheduled to start doing this?

He already did in the past as was reported elsewhere. I believe part of that was a bonus. The announced salary I heard this year was 31 million. Either way you can see why he is despised by the players. They do all the work and take all risks, and he makes far more than any player.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Bottom line is, this case was lost when the NFLPA worried way more about their revenue cut than about some of the ancillary issues like discipline. Never should have left Goodell in a position where he felt he needed to show the owners and sponsors, etc, that he was worth the cool 44 million a year he makes.

I keep reading stuff like this but I don't know that I agree with it. I seriously doubt the NFLPA people ever foresaw Goodell and the league office reaching these levels of pure fucking idiocy and incompetence.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He already did in the past as was reported elsewhere. I believe part of that was a bonus. The announced salary I heard this year was 31 million. Either way you can see why he is despised by the players. They do all the work and take all risks, and he makes far more than any player.

Yeah but he refused his annual salary during the lockout!

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I keep reading stuff like this but I don't know that I agree with it. I seriously doubt the NFLPA people ever foresaw Goodell and the league office reaching these levels of pure fucking idiocy and incompetence.

That isnt the point. The real point is that if Smith had any forethought he wouldnt have wanted discipline in the hands of an owners employee/lackey. It should have been an independent 3rd party. Nothing to argue about here. Smith's eyes were mainly on the money. He clearly dropped the ball on discipline.

Top Bottom