Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
They cut him because he was a fuckup
Then why was he still on the roster? See?

NO. They cut him because of the false accusation. They did it in a kneejerk move, without all the facts. I concede "last straw" but the point is, it was a FALSE last straw.

HE WOULD STILL BE A COWBOY WITHOUT THE FALSE ACCUSATION!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

NO. They cut him because of the false accusation. They did it in a kneejerk move, without all the facts. I concede "last straw" but the point is, it was a FALSE last straw.

Maybe, Or he might have fucked up again in practices and/or meetings (as he did multiple times previously) and they would have possibly cut him then.

It doesn't matter that the report ended up false. It matters that it got reported and they said "fuck this, we're done". He got no benefit of the doubt because they saw a pattern of behavior with him and assumed it was probably true.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I agree. They possibly could have cut him any time. Like, last year for example.

I think the only reason they didn't is because they didn't see an obvious alternative that was better. They clearly didn't fully trust him to do his job though, because he was benched for certain situations.

Because they really do NOT believe in "innocent until proven guilty."

So I guess that means they'll be cutting Damien Wilson, Nolan Carroll and Zeke Elliott any minute now right?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
So I guess that means they'll be cutting Damien Wilson, Nolan Carroll and Zeke Elliott any minute now right?
That's YOUR assumption. I am asserting ONLY that since they cut Whitehead without having any of the facts, they have NO moral high ground to be squealing "innocent until proven guilty" over the Zeke suspension. Do you not get that?
I think the only reason they didn't is because they didn't see an obvious alternative that was better.
Right, that's their constant excuse for their pattern of keeping fuckups every year, year after year. And they would have, again, kept this one at least until final cut day.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
white race

"white race"...so tired of hearing this bullshit, what does that even mean? Is he/she Italian? German? Swedish? Scottish? British? Irish? Other?

So called white people don't have any beneficial, exclusive connection with another so called white person simply because of their skin pigment, its like people think the video below is what its really like to be "white" in America:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Rappaport on NFLN just reported something that I hadn't seen or heard before.

He says back when all this originally went down that he filed a harassment charge against his accuser, Rappaport says according to a report he saw the woman called Elliott over 50 times after 2:30 one morning.

The NFL apparently had this and ignored it too.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

I think the false accusation was just the straw that broke the camels back. Then when it turned out it wasn't him the response was, meh. He was going to get cut anyways

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Apparently there is more to the story

"According to documents obtained by NFL.com, Elliott actually filed an official incident report alleging harassment with Frisco (Texas) Police on Sept. 5, 2016 against Tiffany Thompson, identified by the league as his alleged victim.

The report details that police were dispatched to Elliott's house because he received "50-plus" phone calls from his ex-girlfriend between 2:39 a.m. and 10 a.m. She called from a blocked number and Elliott answered several times, he told police, informing Thompson she was not supposed to be calling him, per the report.

Elliott provided a written statement of the incident for police.

Elliott reported the claim one day before Columbus Police announced it would not press charges against Elliott, though the incident happened two days before that.

Columbus prosecutor Robert S. Tobias declined comment when asked in an email if his office was aware of the harassment claim before making its charging decision, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports.

Frisco Police Sgt. Jeff Inmon told Pelissero the harassment case is currently inactive. In addition, Elliott told police that Thompson hacked into his email account, found phone numbers and called them to leave "untruthful things that can hurt his image." Thompson told league investigators that she contacted women Elliott was "messing around" with."

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
More shocking (sarcasm) news.

When Jones proclaimed that he didn't believe Zeke would be suspended, I thought there was a report that said he had been able to review everything the league had, wouldn't this be included? if it was but the NFL is now refusing to release it publicly, it would probably explain why Jones was so confident Elliott wouldn't be suspended.

NFL declines to release Elliott investigative report, transcript of hearing

Posted by Mike Florio on August 15, 2017, 10:03 AM EDT

A reader implored me via email on Monday to pick a side in the Ezekiel Elliott case. Here’s the side I’ve picked: The truth, and getting to it.

We’ve learned in recent years that the NFL’s version of the truth in matters of discipline may not always square entirely with the truth, given the apparent habit of selecting an outcome and working backward to justify it. And so it’s impossible in this case to conclude that the contents of the NFL’s public statement or its letter to Elliott explaining the suspension represent the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Eventually, more evidence will emerge that will better equip the jurors in the court of public opinion to get to the truth, or at least to formulate reasonable (or unreasonable) opinions about it. For now, the NFL has declined to release publicly information that would shed plenty of light on whether Elliott is guilty of domestic violence: the 160-page investigative report, more than 100 exhibits, and the transcript of the June 26 hearing.

It remains to be seen whether the report, the exhibits, or the transcript will be leaked. If/when litigation happens, those documents likely will become part of the public record.

While those materials may not ultimately allow a clear conclusion to be reached regarding what is or isn’t the truth, the truth is that it’s impossible to even begin to get there without seeing the raw materials on which the decision to suspend Elliott was based.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
If Tiffany is getting into bar fights, its not a stretch to think that she tried to hit Zeke during the break up argument they were having and he in turn grabbed her in order to subdue her; resulting in bruising, etc.

I do believe that if Zeke was physically abusive, this is typically a learned behavior so its likely his father abuses Zeke's mother. If so, regardless of the outcome of this case, Zeke will do it again because, barring a miraculous change of character, the types of people that abuse women rarely, if ever, go cold turkey (unless they are locked up in jail or undergo extensive therapy).

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I doubt Jerry got to see all the evidence before the sentence was handed down. That wouldn't really make sense.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Zeke has officially appealed his case. So the NFL now has ten days to schedule the hearing

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just listened to the interview with Zeke's accuser.

She's full of shit. Too well rehearsed with the answers. She's not talking like someone recalling the events as they happened to her. She is talking like someone who memorized a script of dialog

I've taken enough statements and conducted enough interviews to where I'm usually able to tell when someone is lying

She may have been abused at some point. But she is lying about the details in the interview I heard.

She also stated that Zeke choked her for 20-30 seconds. If someone of Zeke's size and strength choked a small female of her size she would have lost conciseness in that amount of time

I can see why the PD didn't believe her

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I just listened to the interview with Zeke's accuser.

She's full of shit. Too well rehearsed with the answers. She's not talking like someone recalling the events as they happened to her. She is talking like someone who memorized a script of dialog

I've taken enough statements and conducted enough interviews to where I'm usually able to tell when someone is lying

She may have been abused at some point. But she is lying about the details in the interview I heard.

She also stated that Zeke choked her for 20-30 seconds. If someone of Zeke's size and strength choked a small female of her size she would have lost conciseness in that amount of time

I can see why the PD didn't believe her

Where? Link to interview?

Top Bottom