MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
So if the 6 game suspension is upheld and the Cowboys go at least 4-2 or better and the Cowboys offense keeps humming wouldn't that out Dak square in the MVP talk again?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
So if the 6 game suspension is upheld and the Cowboys go at least 4-2 or better and the Cowboys offense keeps humming wouldn't that out Dak square in the MVP talk again?
Kind of depends on if he's smoking them in the passing game, or if one of our backs is smoking them in the running game.

Either way your scenario might help Ginger get CoTY again?

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Kind of depends on if he's smoking them in the passing game, or if one of our backs is smoking them in the running game.

Either way your scenario might help Ginger get CoTY again?

Oh I think the Zeke suspension alone means Red's ass will be around at least another year. If Dak keeps this team humming and Red gets COY then Jerry might give him another extension.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Meaning you won't get them again next year? Did you have to do the whole PSL thing?

No. Meaning I'm going g to make money off the Cowboys instead of them raping me.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
thats not what goodell, et al claim in the letter to Zeke, it claims the police didn't think she was lying

I believe it claimed that the police believed Zeke assaulted her at some point, not necessarily that the police didn't think she was lying. The issue with the prosecution from what's being reported is that there were some inconsistencies with some witnesses' stories. For example, if the victim was, in fact, assaulted by Zeke but she tried to get her girlfriend (who didn't witness the assault) to falsely testify to that assault, then the victim's credibility would be immediately called into question in a legal proceeding. Very few prosecutors would take that case to trial knowing full well their star witness would be impeached on the stand.

As this thing progresses I'd bet that we'll see more details emerge. I'd like to give Zeke the benefit of the doubt but he's made some questionable decisions. I hope he realizes that his career may be in jeopardy if he continues to make these bad choices. It's just a different world out there today and he's a public figure. It may not be fair but that's the reality.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The afternoon Ticket guys, who apparently know a lot of people in the Dallas nightlife scene, were saying yesterday that they hear Zeke runs really hard. One guy said he drinks a TON.

Basically they said he's been partying so hard that if this didn't get him, something else would have soon.

One guy said even with all that said, he was giving Zeke the benefit of the doubt up until he punched that DJ at the club even knowing he was under heavy investigation/scrutiny from the league.

And don't forget the Cowboys knew all this when they drafted him. Even Urban Meyer reportedly told him and his dad at one point that he would not allow such a heavy drinker to be a captain on his team. That's Urban Freaking Meyer, who isn't exactly a bastion of morality.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Don't matter that she's crazy, that she got into a physical fight with her girlfriend, police said nothing happened, witnesses say nothing happened, etc. In today's environment, if a woman cries foul, it's a foul. As I remarked at DCC awhile back, this sets a really bad precedent. Anytime an NFL player breaks up with his girlfriend and she's upset about it, she can claim assault and battery to get him suspended. Is is a fact that the police recovered texts from the girl admitting that she was lying and trying to extort money. Crapola like this is why Goodell gets booed every time he announces a draft pick.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
So how long do you guys think it will take for the Jones' and Kraft to start the process of replacing Goodell?

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
So how long do you guys think it will take for the Jones' and Kraft to start the process of replacing Goodell?

What I've heard on that front is that Goodell will retire after the CBA is redone in a few years. Though with 2 of the most powerful owners trying to push him out, he may "retire" sooner.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I believe it claimed that the police believed Zeke assaulted her at some point, not necessarily that the police didn't think she was lying. The issue with the prosecution from what's being reported is that there were some inconsistencies with some witnesses' stories. For example, if the victim was, in fact, assaulted by Zeke but she tried to get her girlfriend (who didn't witness the assault) to falsely testify to that assault, then the victim's credibility would be immediately called into question in a legal proceeding. Very few prosecutors would take that case to trial knowing full well their star witness would be impeached on the stand.

As this thing progresses I'd bet that we'll see more details emerge. I'd like to give Zeke the benefit of the doubt but he's made some questionable decisions. I hope he realizes that his career may be in jeopardy if he continues to make these bad choices. It's just a different world out there today and he's a public figure. It may not be fair but that's the reality.

The more I hear and read about this saga, its starting to appear to me that Zeke did put his hands on this woman.

Here's the part of Goodells letter I was referring to:

CO4AW8i.jpg

For those who haven't read it, here's the letter:

dnWTLad.jpg

pKYElfX.jpg

eu2QUej.jpg

lJ5Sgqy.jpg

jzU6eHh.jpg

BQJmpfc.jpg

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The more I hear and read about this saga, its starting to appear to me that Zeke did put his hands on this woman.

Of course he did, never known as a brilliant decision maker off the field. When she started making "inconsistent statements" my first thought was that she was given the old golden handshake, which lead to sudden memory loss.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Of course he did, never known as a brilliant decision maker off the field. When she started making "inconsistent statements" my first thought was that she was given the old golden handshake, which lead to sudden memory loss.

GTFOH. If that were true, why then did she text her friendin an attempt to have said friend lie for her?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

The old "lets take the word of a woman who lied herself and asked other to lie on her behalf" strategy.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
what'd he say?

The whole Zeke thread is littered with the Theebs douchebag tour of posts. There's too much garbage to actually post it all.

He's a little pissy bitch that acts that whacks out when people call him out for being a pissy bitch, then has to throw all sorts of internet forum drama out there when he leaves or goes silent.

Top Bottom