Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
There are a few problems with your theory:

Alfred Morris is actually good, so theoretically if Zeke ends up being suspended say 2 games we can survive.

The O-line means much less than everyone thinks it does. We'll be just fine with the line we have.

Our old DBs sucked so I doubt we'll be giving up more TD's than before.

Admittedly our D-line isn't good but I think the other factors I've mentioned will make up for it.

Zeke isn't suspended for 2 games. He's suspended for 6. Can we survive 2 games without him? Sure. As of right now he's out for 6!

Alfred Morris is actually good? Where is your proof? He's had 69 carries for 243 yards. He hasn't looked "good" since he was with the Redskins.

The O-Line means much less than everyone thinks? Seriously? The O-Line is only important in protecting the QB, the run game and the passing game. But other than that they aren't important.

Last edited:

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I swear if it weren't for me being so much of a Cowboys fan, I'd never watch another game or spend another dime on the NFL.

Me too, either I am rooting for a guy who beats women or if Zeke's innocent, I'm supporting a league that witch hunts its own employees, has no clear due process and despite the fact our legal system, properly charged to decide such matters, has concluded there is not enough evidence to pursue charges, the NFL decided to "convicted" him anyway.

irritates the piss out of me

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
In a letter that the NFL Network is reading which I believe is from the prosecutor appointed on this case and written to Zeke explaining the suspension they are saying that they have photographic evidence along medical records, texts, and other material along with the victims own testimony (which the NFL panel says they fully believe whereas the police were able to discredit) and that all this was used together for them to come to the decision of the maximum six game suspension

Yet the police having ALL this same evidence were not able to even prosecute him, let alone convict him

They weren't even able to charge him much less prosecute him.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Zeke isn't suspended for 2 games. He's suspended for 6. Can we survive 2 games without him? Sure. As of right now he's out for 6!

Alfred Morris is actually good? Where is your proof? He's had 69 carries for 243 yards. He hasn't looked "good" since he was with the Redskins.

The O-Line means much less than everyone thinks? Seriously? The O-Line is only important in protecting the QB, the run game and the passing game. But other than that they aren't important.

Jerry and Zeke are going to fight tooth and nail to lessen the suspension, so I doubt the 6 game suspension stands.

I'm surprised Morris' stats are that mediocre, because whenever I've seen him on the field he has looked good.

I'm not saying the O-line isn't important. What I am saying is that the idea that because Free and Leary are gone, all of the sudden the offense won't produce is stupid.

Zeke is getting ripped off no doubt but I wouldn't write off the season... at least right now.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
They weren't even able to charge him much less prosecute him.

This is why there should have been no suspension. If the ACTUAL POLICE say that there is nothing, acting like there is something is an arrogant move by the NFL.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I think so too, but they better do the same punishment on everyone else.

Is Zeke the first one to be punished since she was hired? He's not, is he?

1477f8194285d46f1bc78162185849de.jpg

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jerry and Zeke are going to fight tooth and nail to lessen the suspension, so I doubt the 6 game suspension stands.

I'm surprised Morris' stats are that mediocre, because whenever I've seen him on the field he has looked good.

I'm not saying the O-line isn't important. What I am saying is that the idea that because Free and Leary are gone, all of the sudden the offense won't produce is stupid.

Zeke is getting ripped off no doubt but I wouldn't write off the season... at least right now.

Dak out rushed Morris last season with fewer carries. 57 for 282

A. Morris did have his best game ever last week against the Cardinal scrubs. He went 42 yards on 7 carries. But that's only because he had one long 25 yard run. Otherwise he's looked mediocre at best.

I'm not writing off the season. I'm just saying we will be back to our 8-8 ways with Zeke suspended. Even if he's only suspended for two games those same two games are against two of the toughest defenses in the league.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Dak out rushed Morris last season with fewer carries. 57 for 282

A. Morris did have his best game ever last week against the Cardinal scrubs. He went 42 yards on 7 carries. But that's only because he had one long 25 yard run. Otherwise he's looked mediocre at best.

I'm not writing off the season. I'm just saying we will be back to our 8-8 ways with Zeke suspended. Even if he's only suspended for two games those same two games are against two of the toughest defenses in the league.

Morris looks great running against 2nd and 3rd teamers in preseason but we all saw last year that he's not very affective against 1st team defenses.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I wouldn't even say he looks "great" against the scrubs

To be honest I had higher hopes for him with his record in Washington

With AM and McMuffin both being previous 1000 yard rushers you would think we shouldn't have a huge drop off with Zeke gone. But we will

We are probably the only team that can claim two 1000 yard rushers as back ups

But I seriously doubt they will be able to match Zeke's numbers from last season between the both of them

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
thats not what goodell, et al claim in the letter to Zeke, it claims the police didn't think she was lying

If the police believed her version of events then why wasn't Zeke charged?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jerry and Zeke are going to fight tooth and nail to lessen the suspension

I have no faith in jeri to influence this at all. I cant recall one time in all the years of his ownership when he has used his power and influence to overturn a decision or play hardball to reverse a decision against a player

If he was trying to get a team moved or a new stadium somewhere or big TV contract done, then I'd say jeri would probably get it done

Last edited:

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I wouldn't even say he looks "great" against the scrubs

To be honest I had higher hopes for him with his record in Washington

With AM and McMuffin both being previous 1000 yard rushers you would think we shouldn't have a huge drop off with Zeke gone. But we will

We are probably the only team that can claim two 1000 yard rushers as back ups

But I seriously doubt they will be able to match Zeke's numbers from last season between the both of them

I actually think Rod Smith might be the best RB out of DMC and Morris.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
If the police believed her version of events then why wasn't Zeke charged?

I couldn't tell ya but if I had to guess, the prosecutor likely decided the evidence was insufficient to win a prosecution. Its not unusual for investigators and prosecutors to believe a suspect is guilty but don't pursue a conviction because of insufficient evidence.

it appears the burden of proof required by the NFL is much lower when it comes to these matters

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I actually think Rod Smith might be the best RB out of DMC and Morris.

So far that looks to be the case. All the podcasts that have ppl at the daily practices are saying as much. They are all raving about him.

They are also saying that he's been great at digging ppl out of holes and creating space for the RB to get through

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
But not suspended

Context counts. I was answering the moral outrage about 'innocent until proven guilty' and pointing out our team isn't any better than the league office in that regard.

JPP1974

Ready for Summertime
Reaction score
But now that Elliott will be out for six games suspension, it all rests of Bryant and Prescott's shoulders about for those first six weeks of games there.

Top Bottom