ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I have thought all along that the woman that Goodell "hired" after the Ray Rice and Greg Hardy fiasco's has advised him he needed to get out there with a very public, very high profile case to make a "statement" on how tough the NFL is with this stuff, and that doing so would get him huge political points with the feminist, extreme left crowd. Well mission accomplished.
I think so too, but they better do the same punishment on everyone else.

Is Zeke the first one to be punished since she was hired? He's not, is he?

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Dont get me wrong, if he beat up the girl he deserves punishment. But everything that's out there right now (including the disclosure of who this "panel" the league used included) makes this reek of corruption and bias..

I notice that 14-year NFL veteran and HoF'er Ken Houston was on the advisory panel.

Far be it from me to accuse anyone of bias, but 8 of those 14 years were spent with the Washington Redskins. Just sayin'.

Last edited:

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Still don't think there's any way he actually misses six games. I bet it gets substantially reduced.

That was one of my initial thoughts when I saw the suspension. Because if the league had suspended him for 2 games, then the Cowboys appeal, then no suspension is the likely result. But by suspending him 6 games, when it is reduced he ends up suspended 2 games. It is still a total joke that he is even suspended in the first place being that THE ACTUAL POLICE SAID NOTHING HAPPENED, but apparently the NFL doesn't believe THE ACTUAL POLICE and makes up their own laws.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
According to that same letter If he is charged with another count of DM he is subject to banishment from the league.

Is it just me or do I see Jay Gruden, Ben McAdoo, and Doug Pederson all having a conference call thinking about ways to set up Zeke so he'll get banned?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think so too, but they better do the same punishment on everyone else.

Is Zeke the first one to be punished since she was hired? He's not, is he?

I'm not sure, but he's almost assuredly the first to get 6 games and be threatened with permanent league banishment for it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Is it just me or do I see Jay Gruden, Ben McAdoo, and Doug Pederson all having a conference call thinking about ways to set up Zeke so he'll get banned?

All they have to do is have someone cry wolf, and it'll be done

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
wm0y12.png

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
But everything that's out there right now (including the disclosure of who this "panel" the league used included) makes this reek of corruption and bias.

This whole investigation has stunk of corruption and bias. What I want to know is why? Why would the NFL want to get at the Cowboys? Why would the NFL want to suspend one of its best players?

Reaction score
Yep, the league fucked us. Not surprised at all.

There's bias all over the place in politics, in the corporate world, in the media, and certainly in the NFL. The Cowboys do not get treated fairly in this league. There's all the crazy ref calls in the old days, as well as the HoF snubbings, but recently it has been over the top. Whether its being penalized for cheating the cap IN AN UNCAPPED year, the first GB playoff game with Cobb's "catch" that clearly hit the ground yet was upheld on replay while Dez's catch was overturned on replay, the last GB playoff game where we get jobbed on an ad-lib phantom call at the just the perfect time, to this suspension when players for various other teams get a slap on the wrist or nothing at all. It's far too late for anyone to convince me otherwise. It's absurd to not notice or deny it at this point.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This whole investigation has stunk of corruption and bias. What I want to know is why? Why would the NFL want to get at the Cowboys? Why would the NFL want to suspend one of its best players?

I'm not sure the league motivation (hence their "bias) was to necessarily "get" the Cowboys. I think their motivation was political agenda motivated. Goodell wanted to look good in the court of public opinion and make amends with all those who tore him a new one for blowing legit discipline cases against guys like Ray Rice and Greg Hardy. That kunt he hired I am 100% sure pushed for a very high profile "example" to be made, and this was Goodell's golden opportunity.

The bias against Dallas came from those leading the investigation and on this "panel" of four bozos, all of whom clearly had an anti-Dallas frame of mind to start with.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Reading some more about it, I guess he's the first to have this happen under the new DV policy, right? That's why he's getting so much more than Brown.

Also, in the letter the NFL wrote to him, it says the Columbus police actually believed the girl. Not sure why they didn't prosecute. But you can't rule out that there are a LOT of college stars who get away with stuff because the local police don't want the heat from prosecuting one of their own.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Reading some more about it, I guess he's the first to have this happen under the new DV policy, right? That's why he's getting so much more than Brown.

Also, in the letter the NFL wrote to him, it says the Columbus police actually believed the girl. Not sure why they didn't prosecute. But you can't rule out that there are a LOT of college stars who get away with stuff because the local police don't want the heat from prosecuting one of their own.

Yeah that thought is always something to consider, but his career was also over there when all this happened. So it makes it far more unlikely he was done a "favor"

They still had an amazing amount of evidence showing otherwise, which when you consider it all makes it easy to understand why they didn't file any charges or pursue the case.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Just read not one single person the NFL spoke to or got statements from was under oath or told that lying would lead to prosecution.

Sure that's just a coincidence.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Just read not one single person the NFL spoke to or got statements from was under oath or told that lying would lead to prosecution.

Sure that's just a coincidence.

[video=youtube;_GOALkT9UeE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GOALkT9UeE[/video]

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well it looks like we are Back to running back by committee and 8-8 seasons

Last edited:

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Ben Roethlisberger allegedly rape three women... did the NFL pursue in the same manner they did with Zeke?

Well if the Cowboys stink it up... Garrett's job is still safe.

Top Bottom