dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I really think if its more than a game or two it becomes much more likely that Jerruh and the NFLPA raise holy hell and perhaps take the league to court (which I would agree with). They might even take them to court over a single game suspension.

IMO based on everything we know publicly, a stern talking to and a decent sized fine seem far more appropriate to me, but things don't usually work out this way for us.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I saw a report that stated multiple sources are saying that the decision will be announced tomorrow

I'm guessing it will be a 2 game suspension but nothing would surprise me.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Florio reporting he is definitely getting suspended per league sources, to be announced as soon as tomorrow.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
A lot of chatter saying it's going to be much longer than anyone originally thought, maybe half the season.

I swear if it weren't for me being so much of a Cowboys fan, I'd never watch another game or spend another dime on the NFL.

Goodell is a fucking cocksucking piece of shit.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jane Slater saying it's going to be "closer to the benchmark" (which the league set at 6 games previously for DV)

Josh Brown beat and terrorized his wife for years. The police had multiple reports on it and the league knew all about the longterm DV before they doled out the 1 game suspension. Can't wait to see how they justify 6 games for something where the police and DA cleared him and even had evidence of the girl lying and trying to collude with others to "get Zeke"

Bob Papa on NFL Radio just giddy as a school girl over this news today by the way. (Papa, like the league's lead investigator in this shitshow is a life long Giants fan and he their broadcaster)

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
93db3c0f273bd431c30a412fed7f987b.jpg

So they are suspending him for the DV (that the police weren't able to find enough evidence to prosecute with) and not the flashing titties and bar fight situations like Jerry eluded to

Hopefully we are still in a position to make a run by week 7. Zeke will be fresh and hopefully pissed off and start his revenge tour like Brady did after his suspension

Last edited:

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I wonder if Cris Carter was right about him trying to destroy evidence.

Also wonder if this isn't about his overall pattern of incidents even though the league claims otherwise.

Still don't think there's any way he actually misses six games. I bet it gets substantially reduced.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
In a letter that the NFL Network is reading which I believe is from the prosecutor appointed on this case and written to Zeke explaining the suspension they are saying that they have photographic evidence along medical records, texts, and other material along with the victims own testimony (which the NFL panel says they fully believe whereas the police were able to discredit) and that all this was used together for them to come to the decision of the maximum six game suspension

Yet the police having ALL this same evidence were not able to even prosecute him, let alone convict him

Last edited:

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Teams with poor leadership can not afford to draft idiots, but we keep doing it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
6 games it is
They must have some solid information

Didn't look like it from what I read so far. If they have other evidence then they should make it public.

They totally disregarded evidence that showed she was trying to coerce her friends to lie for her, totally disregarded the blackmail type texts on Zeke's phone, totally disregarded eyewitnesses who refuted this woman's claims of DV, totally disregarded the eyewitnesses that told police that on the night in question that she was actually in a fight with another WOMAN. All this stuff cleared Elliott in the eyes of law enforcement and prosecution, but not in the NFL's eyes.

This is a total crock of shit.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I wonder if Cris Carter was right about him trying to destroy evidence.

Also wonder if this isn't about his overall pattern of incidents even though the league claims otherwise.

Still don't think there's any way he actually misses six games. I bet it gets substantially reduced.

He said Elliott destroyed a cell phone, the same cell phone that helped clear him when this originally happened.

Sorry TE, I know you love it when shit like this happens but this is utter b/s by the league.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
In a letter that the NFL Network is reading which I believe is from the prosecutor appointed on this case and written to Zeke explaining the suspension they are saying that they have photographic evidence along medical records, texts, and other material along with the victims own testimony (which the NFL panel says they fully believe whereas the police were able to discredit) and that all this was used together for them to come to the decision of the maximum six game suspension

Yet the police having ALL this same evidence were not able to even prosecute him, let alone convict him

Yep.

This stinks of extreme bias and corruption on the league's behalf.

I wish the fucking league would go under now to be honest.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Teams with poor leadership can not afford to draft idiots, but we keep doing it.

Please, this has absolutely zero to do with that.

Some of the stuff Zeke is getting called on the carpet about is the same stuff a fucking bonehead like Gronkowski does, and that behavior was glorified and celebrated.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Didn't look like it from what I read so far. If they have other evidence then they should make it public.

They totally disregarded evidence that showed she was trying to coerce her friends to lie for her, totally disregarded the blackmail type texts on Zeke's phone, totally disregarded eyewitnesses who refuted this woman's claims of DV, totally disregarded the eyewitnesses that told police that on the night in question that she was actually in a fight with another WOMAN. All this stuff cleared Elliott in the eyes of law enforcement and prosecution, but not in the NFL's eyes.

This is a total crock of shit.

In the letter the NFL Network was reading they said that they believed all of the victims testimony. The police found sufficient evidence to cause them to discredit her altogether yet the NFL believes her completely

There in lies the problem

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
He said Elliott destroyed a cell phone, the same cell phone that helped clear him when this originally happened.

Sorry TE, I know you love it when shit like this happens but this is utter b/s by the league.

If all we in the public know is all there is, I think it's BS, too. I think it's probably BS anyway. But they might actually have evidence we haven't been told about.

In fact, that's why I think they must have something compelling. I can't see their doing this just because they feel like it.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
According to that same letter If he is charged with another count of DM he is subject to banishment from the league. They also state that this suspension is being imposed to correct his future behavior

I want to see a copy of this letter that the NFL Network keeps reading from

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dont get me wrong, if he beat up the girl he deserves punishment. But everything that's out there right now (including the disclosure of who this "panel" the league used included) makes this reek of corruption and bias.

I have thought all along that the woman that Goodell "hired" after the Ray Rice and Greg Hardy fiasco's has advised him he needed to get out there with a very public, very high profile case to make a "statement" on how tough the NFL is with this stuff, and that doing so would get him huge political points with the feminist, extreme left crowd. Well mission accomplished.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
According to that same letter If he is charged with another count of DM he is subject to banishment from the league. They also state that this suspension is being imposed to correct his future behavior

I want to see a copy of this letter that the NFL Network keeps reading from

Jones got to read every bit of this in advance, and I'm sure Jones had people much smarter than him reading it as well.

And he was VERY public and VERY steadfast with his belief that there was no evidence of DV.

I really, really hope that Jones, Zeke and the NFLPA got absolutely batshit fucking crazy on Goodell and this panel over this. Go to fucking war.

Top Bottom