Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
That's exactly what happened. Jerry money whipped the hell out of that DJ and the "witnesses".
Same way the titty dancer who claimed Jerruh assaulter her, just melted away.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Same way the titty dancer who claimed Jerruh assaulter her, just melted away.

I have a feeling that's happened on more than one occasion. He's the Michael Irvin of owners.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Apparently no ruling coming this week either, and apparently it's being put off because the Cowboys are in the HoF game and Jones is part of it.

The saga continues.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Broaddus is saying that apparently Jerry knows the outcome of the ultimate Witch Hunt but is keeping it to himself.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Nah, I'm sure there's no bias or anything.

"It's bad enough the NFL launched the probe in the first place, but to drag this on so unforgivably with seemingly no evidence is apprehensive even for Roger Goodell. Making the growing public relations nightmare even worse is news the lead investigator, Lisa Mendelson Friel, is a New York Giants' fan -- according to a feature done on her by The Daily Beast shortly after she was hired by the NFL:

She’s the sort of fan who turned the den of her Brooklyn home into a shrine (painting it Giants blue and red and decorating it with team paraphernalia and a life-size wall-hanging of Eli Manning), boasts season tickets that have been in her family for more than 60 years, and cheers her lungs out at every game at MetLife Stadium in the New Jersey Meadowlands.

“She’s a rabid Giants fan,” says Friel’s former boss, Linda Fairstein, the famed New York prosecutor-turned-crime novelist. “I can be sitting at home staying good and toasty, watching a game, and she’s out there in all kinds of weather,” Fairstein says. “She knows football inside-out.”

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Apparently no ruling coming this week either, and apparently it's being put off because the Cowboys are in the HoF game and Jones is part of it.

The saga continues.

I'd say that pretty much guarantees a suspension. If they were not going to hand down a suspension why not just say it now?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So now there's a reported league office "leak" that says a significant suspension is coming for Zeke on this DV thing because they claim "he destroyed evidence", and it's rumored it was his cell phone.

That's interesting, because at least in part, it was Zeke's cell phone which the police and DA office used to determine that he was in fact telling the truth and that the "victim" was making up most of the story and threatening to ruin his career. They also caught her with text messages to her friend where she is trying to persuade the girl to lie on her behalf.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Cris Carter gem. The police and DA couldn't find anything, but he and the NFL have.

"Based on the information that's going to come out, it's going to be fairly easy to determine that something happened to this woman in her four days of being with Zeke ... This is just pure assault or domestic violence," Carter explained.*

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The fact that this shit is still going on should tell you that something is up, and it isnt a good something. Jerry is probably pissed because he probably gave her a golden hand shake through some back door channel to disappear, then she re appeared and started running her yapper. Carter was talking 4-6 games, not sure many it turns out to be but gun to my head it looks like the guy misses games.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The fact that this shit is still going on should tell you that something is up, and it isnt a good something. Jerry is probably pissed because he probably gave her a golden hand shake through some back door channel to disappear, then she re appeared and started running her yapper. Carter was talking 4-6 games, not sure many it turns out to be but gun to my head it looks like the guy misses games.

I wonder if this might get really ugly between the NFLPA, the Cowboys and Goodell and his croanies. Like really ugly legal stuff.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I wonder if this might get really ugly between the NFLPA, the Cowboys and Goodell and his croanies. Like really ugly legal stuff.

Maybe that's what it will take for the NFL to get their shit together with these suspensions.

Reaction score
The NFL is going to fuck the Cowboys, because that is what the league does especially when the Cowboys look like they might make some noise. Refs ad-lib rules, call phantom penalties, let blatant ones go if it hurt Dallas, and change the way the league operates to derail Cowboy dynasties.

Still, this wouldn't be an issue if Elliott didn't have the maturity of a spoiled 12 year old brat. Dude is as dumb as they come, but been sheltered from consequences all his life. His pattern of idiocy, and the general hate of all things Cowboys by the powers that be will allow the NFL to get away with fucking us once again.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Still, this wouldn't be an issue if Elliott didn't have the maturity of a spoiled 12 year old brat..

There are a couple of the things he's been involved in that you could say this applied, but if he wasn't involved in a DV incident (which was apparently the main topic of this witch hunt) then it isn't somebody's stupidity or lack of maturity to be wrongly accused. It seems there is fairly clear evidence (that's been out there since basically when the incident occurred) that he was not involved in any DV incident .

JPP1974

Ready for Summertime
Reaction score
Yeah as hope he can really mature. As think that Dak is mature. Wish that he could help Zeke out.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
"If we can't get you for one big thing, we're gonna nail you for a lot of little things." I think the NFL is just tired of this guy being in the news for all the wrong reasons, and sullying the reputation of the league. A short suspension might wake him up and permanently modify his behavior. Also, destroying a cell phone = consciousness of guilt. Just ask Tom Brady.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
"If we can't get you for one big thing, we're gonna nail you for a lot of little things." I think the NFL is just tired of this guy being in the news for all the wrong reasons, and sullying the reputation of the league. A short suspension might wake him up and permanently modify his behavior. Also, destroying a cell phone = consciousness of guilt. Just ask Tom Brady.

Eh. Other guys have done far worse and got little or nothing, so I don't buy the "in the news for all the wrong reasons" b/s

And like I said above, the evidence he supposedly destroyed (according to that raging idiot Cris Carter) is the same evidence that cleared him in the eyes of the people who actually investigate stuff for a living, so why would he then turn around and destroy it? So this sounds like bogus shit to me too.

This whole thing has been a clusterfuck on the league's behalf. Elliott needs to grow up some and remember he is going to be constantly in the spotlight and under a microscope, but the way the league has handled this reeks of something shitty. The NFLPA is obviously run by idiots too, but I would hope they grow some balls and go to war over this if Elliott gets something really out of line in terms of punishment here.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Still think there's a great chance Elliott gets nothing and all this handwringing will have been for naught.

I really thought that before he punched out that guy at the club. That last second incident might be enough to get him a game or two.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I really thought that before he punched out that guy at the club. That last second incident might be enough to get him a game or two.

Jerruh probably gave that guy 5 million reasons to disappear though, so it's like that never happened.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jerruh probably gave that guy 5 million reasons to disappear though, so it's like that never happened.

That's exactly what I posted when it happened

That problem went away way to fast for it to have happened on its own

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
NFL network is reporting that the final decision can come as early as this Friday (tomorrow)

I'll believe it when I see it. I sure as hell hope it turns out to be nothing and that he's not suspended

Not just because we need him to win but because I want Chris Carter to look the fool

But nothing would surprise me at this point. I wouldn't be shocked with a 2 game suspension to a 10 game suspension

Top Bottom