Zeke Elliott case STILL under league review, Revis totally cleared - Page 11
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Zeke Elliott case STILL under league review, Revis totally cleared

1. Back To Top    #151
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrB View Post
    So how long do you guys think it will take for the Jones' and Kraft to start the process of replacing Goodell?
    What I've heard on that front is that Goodell will retire after the CBA is redone in a few years. Though with 2 of the most powerful owners trying to push him out, he may "retire" sooner.
    I do a series called Spiderfan On and also do commentaries:
    http://wenoo.net/user/spiderfan

Official NFL Analyst for Sports Coast to Coast:
    http://sportscoasttocoast.proboards.com/

2. Back To Top    #152
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodger12 View Post
    I believe it claimed that the police believed Zeke assaulted her at some point, not necessarily that the police didn't think she was lying. The issue with the prosecution from what's being reported is that there were some inconsistencies with some witnesses' stories. For example, if the victim was, in fact, assaulted by Zeke but she tried to get her girlfriend (who didn't witness the assault) to falsely testify to that assault, then the victim's credibility would be immediately called into question in a legal proceeding. Very few prosecutors would take that case to trial knowing full well their star witness would be impeached on the stand.

As this thing progresses I'd bet that we'll see more details emerge. I'd like to give Zeke the benefit of the doubt but he's made some questionable decisions. I hope he realizes that his career may be in jeopardy if he continues to make these bad choices. It's just a different world out there today and he's a public figure. It may not be fair but that's the reality.
    The more I hear and read about this saga, its starting to appear to me that Zeke did put his hands on this woman.

Here's the part of Goodells letter I was referring to:

For those who haven't read it, here's the letter:

3. Appreciation Doomsday, ThoughtExperiment, Dodger12 appreciated this post
  4. Back To Top    #153
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yimyammer View Post
    The more I hear and read about this saga, its starting to appear to me that Zeke did put his hands on this woman.
    Of course he did, never known as a brilliant decision maker off the field. When she started making "inconsistent statements" my first thought was that she was given the old golden handshake, which lead to sudden memory loss.

5. Appreciation ThoughtExperiment appreciated this post
  6. Back To Top    #154
    vCash
    Tmz just "leaked" photos of the alleged victims injuries

7. Back To Top    #155
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    Of course he did, never known as a brilliant decision maker off the field. When she started making "inconsistent statements" my first thought was that she was given the old golden handshake, which lead to sudden memory loss.
    GTFOH. If that were true, why then did she text her friendin an attempt to have said friend lie for her?

8. Props dbair1967 gave props for this post
  9. Back To Top    #156
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scot View Post
    Tmz just "leaked" photos of the alleged victims injuries

Were those taken at a hospital by a physician or personnel?

10. Back To Top    #157
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LAZARUS_LOGAN View Post
    Were those taken at a hospital by a physician or personnel?
    It didn't say. It was TMZ reporting so who knows. The photos look like she took them herself

11. Back To Top    #158
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    The old "lets take the word of a woman who lied herself and asked other to lie on her behalf" strategy.

12. Back To Top    #159
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cmd34 View Post
    ehhh, he's just a different dude, real sensitive. I don't have an issue with him.
    He's a fucking douchebag kunt

13. Back To Top    #160
    vCash
    what'd he say?
    The whole Zeke thread is littered with the Theebs douchebag tour of posts. There's too much garbage to actually post it all.

He's a little pissy bitch that acts that whacks out when people call him out for being a pissy bitch, then has to throw all sorts of internet forum drama out there when he leaves or goes silent.

14. Appreciation yimyammer appreciated this post
  15. Back To Top    #161
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrB View Post
    I actually think Rod Smith might be the best RB out of DMC and Morris.
    Eh, I don't.

He has some flexibility that the other two don't (plays on coverage teams, can play RB and FB and can also return kickoffs some in a pinch)

But I don't think he is a better pure RB than either of them.

16. Back To Top    #162
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday View Post
    Whitehead, cut due to a false crime report.
    He was going to get cut anyway, because he was a lousy player with a history of fuckups. He wasn't just cut because of the false crime report.

Even you should be smart enough to know that.

17. Back To Top    #163
    vCash
    thats not what goodell, et al claim in the letter to Zeke, it claims the police didn't think she was lying
    Yeah but the judge guy on their "panel" admits they knew the woman lied to police and knew that she tried to get others to lie on her behalf.

Then he had the gall to say that the accuser was a a credible "eyewitness" even though she had no other "eye witnesses" to corroborate her stories and was shown to be lying to the police and DA's office.

It's also interesting that not one of the people who the league interviewed on the accusers behalf was under oath or told that if they lied (as she did) that they'd be prosecuted.

18. Back To Top    #164
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bbgun View Post
    Don't matter that she's crazy, that she got into a physical fight with her girlfriend, police said nothing happened, witnesses say nothing happened, etc. In today's environment, if a woman cries foul, it's a foul. As I remarked at DCC awhile back, this sets a really bad precedent. Anytime an NFL player breaks up with his girlfriend and she's upset about it, she can claim assault and battery to get him suspended. Is is a fact that the police recovered texts from the girl admitting that she was lying and trying to extort money. Crapola like this is why Goodell gets booed every time he announces a draft pick.
    Yep, it actually sets up extortion schemes to be way more successful. A player is much more likely to pay huge dollars now to some bitch because the league has now set the precedent that it doesn't matter whether it actually happens or not, they might suspend a player and it will cost them huge $$$ in both salary and potential endorsements.

19. Back To Top    #165
    vCash

Here's the part of Goodells letter I was referring to:

For those who haven't read it, here's the letter:

Of course, it all supports the leagues b/s case.

As someone else mentioned on national radio the other day, if the police and DA were so sold on Zeke beating the shit out of the girl, he would have at least been arrested and almost assuredly charged with something.

The league also pointed out that they claimed none of the witnesses Zeke used to local authorities would participate in the leagues investigation, but one of those people has since come out and apparently said he was never approached by the league to participate in any way.