dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This is just all kinds of fucked up.

For the people who laugh and insist "there is no league bias against the Cowboys" this seems to be prime evidence that there probably is.

Darrelle Revis case closed, Ezekiel Elliott's still under review

Yesterday at 1:27 PM

With Darrelle Revis case closed, why is Ezekiel Elliott's still under review? Ezekiel Elliott still has the cloud of a possible suspension hovering over him.

Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

FRISCO, Texas -- In February, Darrelle Revis was arrested on a charge of felony assault. In March, the charge was dismissed. On Monday, the NFL said the free-agent cornerback and one of the best cornerbacks of his generation would not face any league-imposed discipline for the incident.

All it took was three months.

Last July, Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott was questioned by Columbus, Ohio, police after a former girlfriend alleged an incident in which Elliott forcibly pulled her out of a car. The district attorney chose not to pursue charges against Elliott because of conflicting stories. Witnesses at the scene said they did not see an assault occur.

Ten months later, the NFL said the incident remains under review.

How can Revis' case be wrapped up in three months and Elliott's still be under review?

"Every matter is different," a league spokesman said by e-mail.

In 2014, Ray Rice was suspended for just two games after he punched his then-fiancee in an Atlantic City hotel elevator but was suspended indefinitely after video of the incident was made public. Last season, New York Giants kicker Josh Brown was suspended one game for a domestic-violence incident with his wife.

Last October, documents in which Brown admitted he physically, verbally and emotionally abused his wife emerged. The Giants cut Brown, whom they signed to a two-year deal after the 2015 season.

Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones has been upset with the pace of the Elliott investigation. He believes the due process of law should supersede what the league can impose and that essentially Elliott is being treated unfairly.

Since the July incident, Jones has supported Elliott.

"There is just nothing," Jones said from the combine in February. "I know I would have heard about it. I would have the information if there were something. I know that."

When the Cowboys' season ended in January, Elliott said he wanted "closure."

"I would rather it not drag on this long," Elliott said. "If there was something to find, which there's not, they would've found it by now. The police did a very thorough investigation. It just seems like they're dragging their feet right now. Who knows, man? I'm just ready for it to end."

According to the league’s personal conduct policy, a player can be punished by the NFL even if he does not face legal punishment. A first-time violation of the policy carries a six-game suspension, but it also allows for a lesser penalty if mitigating factors are involved.

The Cowboys' third-round pick, Jourdan Lewis, has a court date in July for a misdemeanor domestic-violence charge in March. Jones said the Cowboys did their due diligence on the incident and are confident in Lewis' character.

Lewis believes the charges will be dropped.

"I think I will be exonerated from everything," Lewis said. "I'm completely innocent. I believe that wholeheartedly. And I'm just going to have to see what happens in my next trial date."

Because this happened before he was selected by an NFL team, Lewis would not face an NFL penalty. Since Elliott's incident happened after he was selected by the Cowboys, he could face possible discipline.

Because the incident remains under review, the Cowboys almost have to prepare for the possibility of some kind of penalty to Elliott, who led the NFL in rushing with 1,631 yards last season.

Losing Elliott for even one game would hurt the Cowboys' playoff chances.

The NFL doesn't care about playoff chances. It doesn't want to look bad should something arise in the future.

So it remains under review evidently -- with no end in sight.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And in other Zeke news....

He was apparently in another car accident and this time did injure his head and is sitting out practices because of it
115d3b932d03c9f9e88dd38c18f26933.png

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If he is suspended for the giants in week one I'm picking the Giants to win

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm doing that anyway, Zeke or no.

I was planning on picking the Cowboys to win that first game vs NYG

Both Dak and Zeke have something to prove after loosing both games against them last season

But without Zeke we will struggle against their stout d line. Hell we would struggle even with Zeke

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Is Schefter a crank then? I'm not as familiar with the US journalists as you guys are.
Speculation doesn't only come from "cranks" but he cites no sources, provides no evidence. Therefore it is nothing until someone does.
Both Dak and Zeke have something to prove after loosing both games against them last season
You think they give a shit about last season? They're going to be trying just as hard regardless. Problem is, the Giants' coaching is far superior to ours, it doesn't make a fuck if we have Zeke or not. I just think they have Ginger's number and will continue to beat him even when their personnel doesn't match up well. The Giants' staff just gets more out of their defensive players than most.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If they suspend him for the circumstances involving the woman accuser who has already be debunked as a massive liar, I would hope the NFLPA and ball-less Jerruh sue the shit out of Goodell and the league office.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
did anyone touch on the point of zeke vs. josh brown???

josh brown the nutjob NYG KICKER who abused his wife for years. and he gets a 1 game suspension.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
just popped up on my phone:

"ezekiel elliot involved in an 'incident' at dallas bar sunday (multiple reports)"

should be good.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
monday morning recap:

- zeke involved in bar fight incident (investigation ongoing)

- dez says some shit on twitter

- lucky whitehead tells everyone that his dog was kidnapped and is being held for ransom

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Want to see more details, but obviously this is another potential headache.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
did anyone touch on the point of zeke vs. josh brown???

josh brown the nutjob NYG KICKER who abused his wife for years. and he gets a 1 game suspension.

Yeah and there were multiple police reports about that, and he still only got a 1 game suspension.

The wife said the abuse was physical and mental abuse.

The league is a fucking joke.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I dont know Zekes deal is: stupid, rage or both but I was listening to some national radio show yesterday before the DJ beat down happened. Guy claimed to have an in with somebody in the Cowboys organization. For whatever reason they were comparing Dak and Zak. Radio guy said they had no worries about Dak. Then said that they worried every time Zeke went out FWIW. Looks like Jerry gonna need to assign another baby sitter if he wants this guy on the field on a regular basis.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
TMZ now has video of the DJ writhing in pain on the floor after Zeke punched him. Apparently Zeke broke the guys nose is the latest report

Top Bottom