NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Fight Scratch Claw sounds like a cat fight instead of something for a football team.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Fight Scratch Claw sounds like a cat fight instead of something for a football team.

I wish some punk ass would try and fight, scratch, and claw me.

And isn't scratching and clawing the same thing? You're using your nails like a bitch in either case.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Notice how Green Bay was missing a ton of people and they didn't just quit? How they managed to still beat us with a third string tailback plus decimated OL and defense? Even Nelson didn't play that last drive.

As a matter of fact I did.

But in Cowboysland we just give up and cite our excuses at the first sign of adversity, and many fans let Jerry, Jason, and Stephen get away with it. I'll never understand that.

Let em get away with it? Hell that's how Jerry made billions. Conning fan boys who are half cult member types, and half borderline retards. Been doing it for quarter century now. They are gonna go buy their new gear after the team goes 8-8, brings back Garrett, and drafts a gadget player in the first round, like clock work. And let's not forget the Dallas media who are more worried about click bait, first to have the scoop by buddying up to GM instead of criticizing him.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Has anyone heard the details of Damien Wilson’s brandishing a firearm charge?

I heard the charges were dropped and that surprises me with the evidence they had along with the eyewitnesses

That smells of Jerry’s pocket book all over it

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Zeke’s suspension is his free pass this year

Or if it happens next year then it’s his free pass next year

If we went 4-12 again this season Garrett’s job would still be secure

I agree. But that is not what I was saying. If he has a losing season THI8S year, and then the following year, he has another... I believe he will bve gone. 8 years: two playoff appearances, one playoff win, no consecutive winning seasons, but consecutiuve losing seasons. I do not think he'll survive that.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Notice how Green Bay was missing a ton of people and they didn't just quit? How they managed to still beat us with a third string tailback plus decimated OL and defense? Even Nelson didn't play that last drive.

But in Cowboysland we just give up and cite our excuses at the first sign of adversity, and many fans let Jerry, Jason, and Stephen get away with it. I'll never understand that.

Buty Green bay doesn't have the Coach of the Year.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
But, "Fight Scratch Claw!" and "Moral Victory."

Get with the program.

Hey. You forgot the 17 inches. 17 inches explained.

In previous camps, head coach Jason Garrett has had similar shirts printed that had FIGHT, WE DO and HAH!:awkward written across the chest.

But why 17 inches this year?

After talking with several players, it became apparent that accountability was the common theme.
Home plate is 17 inches wide in Little League, high school, college and pro baseball. The idea is that since the plate never changes, the expectations for players and coaches shouldn't change, either.:picardfacepalm

"They don't widen home plate for anybody," defensive tackle Tyrone Crawford said. "That's kind of what it is on this team. We're not going to stretch the rules for anybody. We're holding everybody accountable, making sure we got the right type of guys."

Dallas Cowboys: 17 inches? What's up with the Cowboys' 2016 slogan? | SportsDay

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I agree. But that is not what I was saying. If he has a losing season THI8S year, and then the following year, he has another... I believe he will bve gone. 8 years: two playoff appearances, one playoff win, no consecutive winning seasons, but consecutiuve losing seasons. I do not think he'll survive that.

The problem with that theory is Zeke will be gone for six games either this year or next. So in Jerry’s eyes Garrett gets a pass for whichever year Zeke doesn’t play the full year. So in Jerry’s eyes he “technically” only has one loosing season. Not two in a row.

He would have to have two consecutive losing season where he had absolutely nothing that it could be blamed on IE: Romo breaking his back, his collar bone (twice) or Zeke being suspended

Garrett always has a legitimate (in Jerry’s eyes) excuse as to why we suck again

So his tenure as HC is safe for the foreseeable future

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score

Garrett got that from another coach. He gets everything from other coaches. Nothing original. Look for what other coaches do and say and find something to mimic. He reads coaching books and articles, looks online for some coach speak and when he finds something that gives him a tingle and a hard on he parrots it as if its his own creative idea. Get some t shirts made. Repeat it 50 times a day and get the players repeating it. Then he can pat himself on the back because the team is all in and following his lead.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The problem with that theory is Zeke will be gone for six games either this year or next. So in Jerry’s eyes Garrett gets a pass for whichever year Zeke doesn’t play the full year. So in Jerry’s eyes he “technically” only has one loosing season. Not two in a row.

Yep.

I guess my frustration is with the media as much as anyone else. I know Garrett is an empty suit Jerry suck-up, and I know Jerry wants his comfortable pet to stay in place. But I don't understand why the local media refuse to call him out more than they do. They take the company line hook, line, and sinker.

I'm not a season ticket holder (lol at that) but if I were, that 2015 season would have really pissed me off. I pay thousands of dollars and hours of my free time and Stephen has the nerve to say, "That year never happened, Tony got hurt so we couldn't possibly win. Nothing to see here. Move along to next year."

Don't the media always tell us they're the voice of the fan? Doesn't seem like it in this case. More like they're the mouth of the Jerry Machine.

Last edited:

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Has anyone heard the details of Damien Wilson’s brandishing a firearm charge?

I heard the charges were dropped and that surprises me with the evidence they had along with the eyewitnesses

That smells of Jerry’s pocket book all over it

The only thing I heard is that as they dug more into the incident and questioned the witnesses more it became obvious is was an attempt at a money grab. He did argue with them but never struck her and never actually brandished a weapon (although he did have an AR-15 in his truck).

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Yep.

I guess my frustration is with the media as much as anyone else. I know Garrett is an empty suit Jerry suck-up, and I know Jerry wants his comfortable pet to stay in place. But I don't understand why the local media refuse to call him out more than they do. They take the company line hook, line, and sinker.

I'm not a season ticket holder (lol at that) but if I were, that 2015 season would have really pissed me off. I pay thousands of dollars and hours of my free time and Stephen has the nerve to say, "That year never happened, Tony got hurt so we couldn't possibly win. Nothing to see here. Move along to next year."

Don't the media always tell us they're the voice of the fan? Doesn't seem like it in this case. More like they're the mouth of the Jerry Machine.

The local media and radio guys are scared to cross Jerry for fear of losing their job. Especially the guys on The Fan “the official Cowboys station). The Cowboys (Jerry) employs a lot of these guys in different ways. Some actually write for the Cowboys website like Nick Eatman. Some work for the Fan (Spagnola and Brodus) and some do podcasts that are sponsored by the Cowboys. Then you have ESPN suspending a reporter for calling out Jerry (Jemele Hill). So the ones that are not already in Jerry’s pocket are scared to lose their jobs so they kiss his ass. The only local guy that consistently calls him out is Dale Hansen and everyone already sees him as an arrogant prick, so no one pays attention to him. The only other local guy that would call him out retired (Randy Galloway).

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The local media and radio guys are scared to cross Jerry for fear of losing their job. Especially the guys on The Fan “the official Cowboys station). The Cowboys (Jerry) employs a lot of these guys in different ways. Some actually write for the Cowboys website like Nick Eatman. Some work for the Fan (Spagnola and Brodus) and some do podcasts that are sponsored by the Cowboys. Then you have ESPN suspending a reporter for calling out Jerry (Jemele Hill). So the ones that are not already in Jerry’s pocket are scared to lose their jobs so they kiss his ass. The only local guy that consistently calls him out is Dale Hansen and everyone already sees him as an arrogant prick, so no one pays attention to him. The only other local guy that would call him out retired (Randy Galloway).

Exactly, you dont get away with shit like that in Boston or NY. They just ran John Farrell out of town and he won the WS 4 years ago.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Exactly, you dont get away with shit like that in Boston or NY. They just ran John Farrell out of town and he won the WS 4 years ago.

That was a gift fluke year for the Sox. Getting rid of Farrell is probably a good move.

Red Sox are talking about hiring Brad Ausmus who did absolutely nothing in Detroit with a pretty talented team.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The local media and radio guys are scared to cross Jerry for fear of losing their job. Especially the guys on The Fan “the official Cowboys station).

They didn't have any problem trashing Wade or Campo, though.

I think too many of them endorsed him from the start and now refuse to admit they were wrong -- Archer is a big fan, JJT said a couple years in that Jerry should give him a 10-year extension, etc.

And while I agree on the Fan -- probably one reason that's the one station I rarely listen to -- the one voice I've heard truly call out Garrett is Jesse Holly on the postgame show. He's been surprisingly harsh for being on the Official Show. He's also the only one who's actually played for Garrett. Hmm.

Top Bottom