dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Daniel Wallach @WALLACHLEGAL
Judge Mazzant may not even wait for NFLPA's response before denying NFL's motion to stay. Could happen today. Keep refreshing PACER!

Personally, I don't see the "emergency." 6 games is 6 games, no matter when it starts. And Goodell letter does not peg start date.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
The NFL seems really determined to keep on smashing this particular square peg into a round hole.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
What I'm saying is the facts of the case don't matter

The truth doesn't matter

Guilt doesn't matter

Because of the CBA the only thing that matters is the Commissioners ruling. The NFLPA gave up their rights to a fair trial when they appointed the commish as the judge, jury, and executioner. That is ultimately what the courts will look at. They will look at the rules set forth and agreed upon in the CBA and rule accordingly

Which is in Goodell's favor

The league still has to adhere to fair and legal labor practices. Thats the issue here.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I heard some of the pundits this morning. They seem to admit the league really dropped the ball on which case "to make the DV statement on" and now have to fight tooth and nail to keep the power they do have. They realize if Zeke wins it's the end of life as they know it in terms of this power over the players.

In some ways this could end up being a Reggie White type benchmark victory.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Federal court practice pointer: never tell a federal judge that he must issue a decision on same day as a motion.
https://
twitter.com/wallachlegal/s
tatus/907301646253817857*

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
With NFL presumably adhering to Judge Mazzant's briefing schedule, Elliott's availability for Week 2 now guaranteed.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
4a58cb6fe0d0e34148fb14a0a0e81727.jpg

Top Bottom