yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
LOL at NFL lawyers who had "warned" 2nd circuit court of appeals about ruling on this, saying Zeke had no chance to win appeal and have suspension revoked.

2nd circuit court just gave Big Bird finger to Goodell and league office with Zeke ruling this morning.

. - YouTube

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So they will meet again next week to see if he will be granted the injunction correct?

That's what it looks like, if he wins that then it appears he will be good rest of this season.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Albert Breer
✔ ‎@AlbertBreer

Here's how to look at Zeke's stay -- It buys time for judges to make call on injunction. If he gets injunction, he'll likely play thru '17.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
That's what it looks like, if he wins that then it appears he will be good rest of this season.

Are you sure there isn’t like 20 other courts or districts the NFL can appeal to? Lol

They should just put all the judges in a cage and make them fight it out. Last judge standing gets the ultimate ruling. You know, like they do in wrestling.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You know, with so many conflicting rulings on this issue, it seems prudent and fair to all parties to handle this after the Super Bowl so that it can get addressed properly during the off season once and for all.

It seems to me that time is not the issue when it comes to the NFL as they aren't harmed by having Zeke play but Zeke is definitely harmed if he gets suspended and that suspension is ultimately overturned.

Of course that seems like common sense to me which I suppose is why I never did well in business law as I never agreed with any of the convoluted answers

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
If he's gonna miss games, miss them this year. I don't want this hanging over the team next off-season, or wondering if we can with this or that game without Zeke when the season schedule comes out.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
This yo yo affair is ridiculous IMO. Either somebody have the balls to say serve the suspension immediately or drop it all together based on the evidence presented. The longer this lingers it's looking more and more like a blindfolded disjointed circle jerk.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I saw an article that quotes his actual suspension. The wording in the suspension specifically states that he is to be suspended for six “regular season games”

Meaning if we somehow make the playoffs he will still be available to play

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I saw an article that quotes his actual suspension. The wording in the suspension specifically states that he is to be suspended for six “regular season games”

Don't hold your breath on that one. I'll internet, worthless GUARANTEE if he gets suspended and the games bleed over into the playoffs, his suspension will include the playoffs and it would take another court injunction to allow him to play.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

The NFL released a statement this morning clarifying that wording. According to them he could definitely be suspended for playoff games and the SB (if they made it of course). Jerry was on the Fan this morning and said the same thing. He said from his understanding Zeke could be suspended for ANY meaningful game. He said preseason games are the only games that would not count under his suspension.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If he's gonna miss games, miss them this year. I don't want this hanging over the team next off-season, or wondering if we can with this or that game without Zeke when the season schedule comes out.
Nah. Draft a new RB and let him set the league on fire while Zeke sits out the first six games of 2018.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I was listening to a Cowboys podcast where they had a legal expert on that the last judge ruled against all four reasons for his appeal and that the next judge is likely to the same exact thing

Meaning Zeke is likely shit out of luck

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Ticket saying this morning that now he's considering negotiating for fewer games? Would probably be best for all involved.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Ticket saying this morning that now he's considering negotiating for fewer games? Would probably be best for all involved.
Not for Zeke, who would basically be admitting he's guilty. If he's innocent he should fight this all the way, even if it does seem futile.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If he did it then settle for fewer games. If he didn’t do it (unlikely) then fight it all the way to clear your name and keep it from being attached to him for the rest of his life

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Not for Zeke, who would basically be admitting he's guilty. If he's innocent he should fight this all the way, even if it does seem futile.

But the thing is, he's not innocent at all of what the suspension is for - violating the league conduct policy. If grabbing tiddys in public doesn't violate that, nothing does.

He's just a fucking dumbass animal on the loose.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
But the thing is, he's not innocent at all of what the suspension is for - violating the league conduct policy. If grabbing tiddys in public doesn't violate that, nothing does.

He's just a fucking dumbass animal on the loose.

You must have lived a sheltered life and need to stay away from Mardi Gras and New Orleans in general.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You must have lived a sheltered life and need to stay away from Mardi Gras and New Orleans in general.

I did all the Nawlins and Mardi Gras 3-4 times and managed to not be tiddy grabbing while a prominent NFL player governed by a union labor agreement. He's just a dumbfuck.

Top Bottom